Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-19-02, 04:14 PM   #13
Cereal-Killer

The "just kidding" message followed the "Blizzard is proud to announce Rock 'n Roll Racing 2" message. They're obviously just messing with us until the countdown is over. I just hope it's not some console game. That would piss me off
Cereal-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 07:27 PM   #14
StealthHawk

sigh, it's a console game for all you guys who are interesting but having trouble accessing Blizzard's site

http://cube.ign.com/articles/371/371540p1.html

the preview is overloaded too now, it seems

StarCraft: Ghost

edit: edited for correctness. see my post 2 posts down.
Old 09-19-02, 09:12 PM   #15
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

It would be nice if you could read a single article on IGN without having to click through the pages of ads.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 09:20 PM   #16
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
[s]sigh, it's a Game Cube game for all you guys who are interesting but having trouble accessing Blizzard's site [/s]

http://cube.ign.com/articles/371/371540p1.html

the preview is overloaded too now, it seems

StarCraft: Ghost
apparently previews are up for all consoles at IGN, and Blizzard hasn't revealed which consoles the game will be out for. the only thing they have said is that there will be NO PC version
Old 09-19-02, 09:40 PM   #17
styles-T
-========-

pfft
styles-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 10:41 PM   #18
gRoUnD
Kinetic Momentum

Send a message via ICQ to gRoUnD
Red face Sucks big time

Well,

first of all hi JuiceZ !

Im really disapponited, this is really kinda abuse of PC users. We pay much money to buy a game, we are happy to have a company like Blizzard, bringing us games like SC or WC3 or D2. All in all we kep em up, we pay them respect in some way. Awaiting some Cashcow like SC2 we get run down with SC : Ghost, a title for the xbox, pushed by massive amounts of money. VERY amusing, destroys all the trust we pumped in Blizzard. I mean WC3 was a pretty good game, after all, and BILL ROPER does all he can, CONSUM allte the money probably MS or another dumb firm gave him. I lost ALL RESPECT for Blizzard, i just wish them HELL with their new game, DO NOT RIP. JUST SIMPLY F**K YOU
gRoUnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 10:48 PM   #19
gRoUnD
Kinetic Momentum

Send a message via ICQ to gRoUnD
Thumbs down Screenshots

Žnd no the scrennshots dont convince me at all. They are crap, dont wanna see em again.
gRoUnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-02, 11:18 PM   #20
Essense

Wow, that's pretty close-minded Ground. Losing all respect for a company because they decide to release a console game and broaden there markets? Hello.. companies ARE about MONEY. NOTHING else. PERIOD. Duh.

That said, I too am very disapointed there will not be a PC Version. If it comes out on the Cube i'll probably buy it and enjoy it though as I do own a gamecube (Bought it for my lil'bro)

It is annoying though, and I imagine alot of people will be disapointed because PC's are there entire audiance, there whole fan-base lies in PC, so if they announce a console game, of course there will be negative reactions.

Regards,
Mike

Old 09-19-02, 11:58 PM   #21
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

It's a tactical shooter dudes. Go to there site now. I wonder if the graphics will look like Half-Life's?

Not that it is bad but with Blizz and all obsessing with lower end machines able to run their games well it most likely will look blocky.

Just seen the shots. Ooooh looks more impressive than UT2k3
Old 09-20-02, 12:40 AM   #22
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Essense
Wow, that's pretty close-minded Ground. Losing all respect for a company because they decide to release a console game and broaden there markets? Hello.. companies ARE about MONEY. NOTHING else. PERIOD. Duh.

That said, I too am very disapointed there will not be a PC Version. If it comes out on the Cube i'll probably buy it and enjoy it though as I do own a gamecube (Bought it for my lil'bro)

It is annoying though, and I imagine alot of people will be disapointed because PC's are there entire audiance, there whole fan-base lies in PC, so if they announce a console game, of course there will be negative reactions.

Regards,
Mike
well, if you think about what he said, they are basically abandoning their core market with this title. i'm pretty sure there will be an Xbox port of this game, maybe a port to all 3 consoles. that being said, there is absolutely no reason why they can't also release the game for PC.
Old 09-20-02, 02:51 AM   #23
Essense

No doubt, it sucks. I'd much rather see a PC release, and indeed if it's going to be relased on Xbox, you know it would be no problem to port it over to PC. As they are almost the same damn thing. But this guy go's into some kinda pyscho rampage, F00k blizzard this and that, c'mon.

Regards,
Mike
Old 09-20-02, 04:01 AM   #24
StealthHawk

the way i see it, just because many people have a tendency to overreact, that shouldn't detract from the core of their argument i just ignore the rantings and ravings