Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-17-12, 04:11 PM   #1
frd8

Default GTX 480 not detected on debian/windows

The card is connected with the 2 PCI on a P5GC-MX board.

No output from the card, but the computer boot fine on the vga of the motherboard.
windows/ debian / dos does not detect the card.

I updated the motherboard bios, I tried to update the bios of the GTX 480 on dos but it does not detect the card.

Should I do something else ? How do I know if my card is Brick? ( since i read if the card is brick the system would not boot)

thank you

Last edited by frd8; 02-19-12 at 02:07 PM.
frd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 02:45 PM   #2
erik2282

Default Re: GTX 480 not detected on debian/windows

I am having the same exact issue with my EVGA GTX550 Ti and Gigabyte mobo. no video output with either dvi output. have not tried the mini-hdmi output as i dont have the adapter. Works fine when card is out of the machine and using integrated graphics with VGA. done the bios update and all that. nothing works. I took the video card to my friends computer and it works fine, so I thought it was my motherboard. Replaced mobo with ASUS and still had the same issue. I returned the ASUS and now back with Gigabyte. In my BIOS, it does not have the option to disable on-board graphics, it has:

Video.......Enable VGA if no PCI

Can someone help us out please, some tips and suggestions...!!!

Thanks
Erik

ps, I am using Fedora 18, I've also tried using Manjaro, Slackware, Puppy, Frugalware and Parted Magic. None show output with video card

Last edited by erik2282; 05-03-13 at 02:50 PM. Reason: put in OS i use
erik2282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 12:27 PM   #3
erik2282

Default Re: GTX 480 not detected on debian/windows

A friend of mine let me borrow his video card. It has two DVI, one VGA, and one HDMI port.

I got it to work with the VGA port on the card with vga cable to vga port on monitor. but it does not work with either dvi ports.
I tried putting a DVI-VGA adapter on the DVI port of the card and running a vga cable to the VGA port on monitor, but it did not work.
I also tried putting the adapter on the dvi port of the monitor and then running the vga cable to the vga port on the card, which also did not work.

It seems like it only works with VGA, no type of DVI wants to work.

any ideas?
erik2282 is offline   Reply With Quote