Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Latest Tech And Game Headlines

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-13, 07:10 AM   #1
News

Post Yerli: Single-Player Games Must Be 'Online Single-Player'

CryTek's Cervat Yerli is a man with a lot to say, and he is now demanding that single-player games evolve into their new online context. Speaking to IGN, he said:
'I think the notion of a single-player experience has to go away. However, I'm not saying that there will be no single-player experiences‚?¶ It could be it's called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player instead.'

This assertion is perhaps less worrying when you look at the games that made this work ' Demon's Souls or Journey ' but it's nevertheless a big statement from one of the industry's most ambitious studio heads. Personally, I think whenever people proclaim anything dead, or evolved-beyond, or outdated, or similar, they are pretty much consistently proven to be wrong. Evolution can mean diversification. If the past decade taught us anything, it's that there's no one clear future of games. Single-player will include online, but not be defined by it.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote