Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-03, 05:04 AM   #1
Sotos

Default Who Was The Stupid To Send Me A "trojan Virus" From These Forum!!!!!

Sorry for beeing out of subject...But i am OUTRAGED!!!!

These is serious and i thing i am going to report it to find who was the "ATTACKER"
Maybe is a member of the Forum...

While i was in these Forum someone tried to send me a TROJAN BACKDOOR Virus

I have Norton security 2004 and i have a Visual Track the bastard

And i have some tracked some information about him...

The attacker comes from DALLAS,USA(somewhere North) and i have some other informaton also...plus his IP address that he used to attack me

These Forum is not safe as it seems as most maybe

BE CAREFULL PPL...
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Old 10-27-03, 06:39 AM   #2
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

humm... I've never had any problems.

But I'm behind a router firewall and zonealarm.

Notebook!
Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX
AMD 64 Athlon X2 @ 2GHz (QL62)
15.6 inch HD WideScreen
Nvidia 8200M-G 895mb
2Gig system ram
250Gig SATA 5400rpm HDrive
Vista Premium
Old 10-27-03, 06:42 AM   #3
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

I apologise, I was only testing out my masking and Java skills.
Old 10-27-03, 07:18 AM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruno

Anyway afaik you cannot view a persons email address on the board unless they actually put it in their signature. Besides people are always getting trojans in their inbox all the time, just don't open them

Edit: Yup I was right, your email address cannot be viewed on the boards.

Another edit: Ah you mean something triggered a security alert, that happens all the time and most of the time it is nothing. It certainly has nothing to do with these forums.
Old 10-27-03, 09:16 AM   #5
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruno
E???
these is not funny man

I was browsing through the Forum when a ALARM trigered (I have norton Internet security 2004)

That someone tried to implement a TROJAN BACKDOOR file in my system(And not through email i was just browsing the Forum as i said and not opening Emails)

My Norton autoblocked him and i traced (with Visual Tracker) his IP Address...

The person that tried to do these <attack> that was from DALLAS,USA and i still have information about him

Fortunately he didn't tried again until now

THESE ATTACK WAS THROUGH INTERNET AND NOT THROUGH EMAIL
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Old 10-27-03, 09:24 AM   #6
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by bkswaney
humm... I've never had any problems.

But I'm behind a router firewall and zonealarm.

I HAVE NORTON INTERNET SECURITY

which is with
-PERSONAL FIREWALL
-INTRUSION SYSTEM (with VISUAL TRACKING that tracks Attackers IP address))
-ANTIVIRUS

and other secondary Privacy tools

but even with that someone tried to send me a TROJAN VIRUS(not in my email) while i was reading posts in these FORUM

How many times i will tell that i was NOT OPENING ANY EMAIL someone TRIED TO SEND IT TO ME

Last edited by Sotos; 10-27-03 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-27-03, 09:53 AM   #7
The Baron

Sotos, no offense, but you don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

It's a coincidence that your firewall popped up at the same time you were browsing the forums. You probably got some Trojan through warez or something like that. Happens all the time--your firewall just caught the alert.

Now, the ONLY information people can see about you (unless it's an admin, which is me, JuiceZ, Stealth, Vamp, and Mike) is what you provide. So... no. Your so-called attack has nothing to do with the forums.

Old 10-27-03, 10:14 AM   #8
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
So... no. Your so-called attack has nothing to do with the forums.
I agree with that, I don't see how the forum software could do what you're thinking it's doing unless one of the admins here set it up to do that...and I just can't see any admins here doing that.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 10-27-03, 10:18 AM   #9
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sotos
Man i have said a million times

I HAVE NORTON INTERNET SECURITY

which is with
-PERSONAL FIREWALL
-INTRUSION SYSTEM (with VISUAL TRACKING that tracks Attackers IP address))
-ANTIVIRUS

and other secondary Privacy tools

but even with that someone tried to send me a TROJAN VIRUS(not in my email) while i was reading posts in these FORUM

How many times i will tell that i was NOT OPENING ANY EMAIL someone TRIED TO SEND IT TO ME

Ummm dude, just because your software informs you that you have been attacked, doesn't mean that you are.

For one, you can't even get a person's ip address from this forum, unless the nVNews server itself was compromised.

What was the name of the Trojan? Or the name of the vulnerability it was attempting to exploit?

For all we know, you have the uber L33T norton security settings so restrictive that it informs you that you are being attacked everytime an ad banner puts a cookie on your machine.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
Old 10-27-03, 10:30 AM   #10
The Baron

Quote:
I don't see how the forum software could do what you're thinking it's doing unless one of the admins here set it up to do that...
Except not, because then it'd just be exploiting IE security holes. And it's not. So no. Don't even suggest that.

Old 10-27-03, 10:59 AM   #11
Clay

Default Webster defines "coincidence" as...

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Sotos, no offense, but you don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

It's a coincidence that your firewall popped up at the same time you were browsing the forums. You probably got some Trojan through warez or something like that. Happens all the time--your firewall just caught the alert.

Now, the ONLY information people can see about you (unless it's an admin, which is me, JuiceZ, Stealth, Vamp, and Mike) is what you provide. So... no. Your so-called attack has nothing to do with the forums.
Now, Tim, you mean to say that because I wore red socks today and it later rained...that my red socks do not cause it to rain?
Old 10-27-03, 11:01 AM   #12
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Webster defines "coincidence" as...

Quote:
Originally posted by maxpower
Now, Tim, you mean to say that because I wore red socks today and it later rained...that my red socks do not cause it to rain?
No, no...everyone knows that wearing red socks causes it to rain.

This is different.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Closed Thread