Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-07-13, 05:20 PM   #1
News

Post SimCity Vs The People: Why Apologies Aren't Enough

Here's an unpopular opinion: I think EA's done a decent job with SimCity's launch.

Aha! It's also a misleading opinion, because I'm definitely not referring to the part where servers gasped and puked and died under the immense strain of North America's unquenchable entertainment lust, recently leading to halting of sales on Amazon, among other things. It's what happened afterward that sort of impressed me. EA responded fairly quickly (especially by its usual standards), communicated clearly what was happening, apologized profusely, went through the five stages of grief, and offered refunds to some people (not all, perplexingly) who felt like the early meteor bombardment of issues wasn't worth waiting out. As far as disaster control goes, I'm more than willing to concede that EA's mostly Doing It Right. But that does not ' even in the slightest ' change the fact that there shouldn't have ever been a disaster in the first place.

(more‚?¶)

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote