Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-02, 01:11 PM   #49
g0at

Send a message via AIM to g0at

so youre saying you can hear and smell a fart farther away than the average human?
g0at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 06:53 PM   #50
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

sounds like a disadvantage to me

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 07:12 PM   #51
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:
Originally posted by g0at
so youre saying you can hear and smell a fart farther away than the average human?
LMAO

Ive had the ability to reproduce music I hear from when I was just alittle kid. Been making music on my spare time just for fun for several years now, I love making remakes ... game music remakes (from old classic games)

It is interesting, If you have been working/listening to music _alot_ you really do hear things others do not. I often put a great deal of effort into sounds in my songs that are faintly heard in the background, Most ppl dont really notice it untill I mute that audio channel to show the difference.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-02, 04:11 AM   #52
g0at

Send a message via AIM to g0at

Quote:
(from old classic games)

you too?!?!

I'm still humming tunes from old atari and NES games!

I know them so well i begin to wonder how long I actually spent playing them
g0at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-02, 01:10 AM   #53
AngelGraves13

I used guitar amplifires in my setup..........2 of them.........they were very loud and good base, but not too clear.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-03, 02:43 PM   #54
Im0n

Never used anything but my stereo or now my dolby digital surround amplifier
my setup is like this living room 5.1
with 2 speakers in my bedroom where my comp is
but i have 4 outputs for front speakers
so a total of 6 speakers 1 center 1 sub .

I dont get the surround sound when i play games but i can live with that .
Im0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 07:46 PM   #55
willie44

A digital connection to your speakers definitely lesses the noise of the audio signal

willie
willie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-03, 02:51 PM   #56
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

I don't really know about digital speakers since I have never owned a set.

The only thing I can comment on is agreement with some other posts here. It's up to the individual's taste and ears.

I am running the Santa Cruz sound card (even though I do have the onboard Nvidia sound capability on my mb) and the Logitech Z560 speakers which are only 4.1 and analog.

I am perfectly happy with the sound this system produces and can see no reason to spend more money for something else at this point. I just can't see what I would be gaining from what I am already getting now, which is some kick ass sound.

I built me a small computer/music/gaming room in my garage. It's only about 7' X 8'. I have my wolfer in the right corner (from where I sit), about two feet off the ground and my 4 speakers positioned equidistant around my "****pit".

Fits me and the room perfectly resulting in all the full range sound I can handle. With the power this sucker produces, I could crack the paint in this room if I wanted to, heh heh.

Promedia schlemedia, I'll stick with what I got, thank you very much!
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Last edited by Mike89; 02-18-03 at 03:06 PM.
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-03, 03:33 AM   #57
Rogozhin

to let you fellas know what I'm doing with my home theatre

I have my two sounddynamic ti500s hoked up to my NAD 314 integrated amp.

Going to get my old NAD 705 reciever working correctly and will then buy a set of sound dynamic rts2 for rears.

I also just got my 10" 450watt kicker solobaric hooked up to the 314, on only one channel though. Going to purchase a 250watt plate amp with speaker level imputs and a splitter for the voice coil on the kicker (it's an 8 ohm single voice coil unit).

It's in a sealed enclose of .66 cubic feet made of 3/4" mdf and sealed with silicon from the inside. I 'm thinking about making a ported enclosure tuned to 20hz to really get it down there deep. It's rating (this is including cabic gain i suspect) is from 24hz to 100hz, the plate amp also has built in active crossover!

Right now hooked up to one channel driven by about 50 watts without using a crossover the walls literally shake when I open fire in most of my games, and the whole house shakes when I watch saving private ryan during mortars and tank battles.
It's really pretty amazing the depth I'm getting! Considering tthat the ti500s can go down to 40hz with their two 8" drivers!

Makes gaming pretty incredible

PS. I have the sub on isolation spikes in the rear corner of the room with a few pillows over it to disipate the uper frequencies so that i don't get phase shifting.

Rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 01:11 AM   #58
Jamin

Send a message via AIM to Jamin

I have two questions related to this discussion:

First, (barring the fact that yes, technically I should just try them for my own darn self) has anyone had any experience with the new Klipsch GMX D-5.1 speakers? These things just look all kinds of nifty, and since I love my PM4.1's that I have now, I'm leaning towards these to be my next speaker purchase for my next computer. I remember last year the guys on my dorm hall thought it would be fun to all play the same song at the same time at max volume to see how loud it would get - and I turned my speakers all the way up and blew the whole hall away! Yes, I've loved my Klipsch's so far, and they're topping my short list for the next ones. I wouldn't even really need new speakers, except I'm probably going to be selling my 'old' computer to my friend and throwing the speakers in with the deal.

And second, on the testing it out for yourself subject, how reliable is this in a typical computer store setup? If I go to my local Best Buy or whatever, they've got several speaker systems on a shelf with a little button beside each one to turn it on. But at a setup like that, I can't really see Best Buy spending all that much time or money making the wiring and stuff very high quality (and this is saying nothing about the overall ambient noise in a place like that too). So can I really trust the sound quality in a setup like that? Or should I attempt to find friends who have certain systems in order to get a better feel for it? That's not a very easy thing to do, though...

Thanks.

---Jamin
Old 03-13-03, 10:08 PM   #59
Rogozhin

Jamin

If you want a good computer setup i recomend that you go to audioadvisor.com and purchase the RTS3 bookshelf speakers for $280 (don't forget the speaker stands. Then pick up a Creek integrated amp for $300. Hook this up to the output of your soundcard into one of the imputs (preferably the cd imput) of your creek. Also pick up a pair of budget Speaker cables with y connectors that are gold plated (about $60), and also an audio rack (about $200). This will give you sound like you've never heard but will also put in into the budget audiophile catagory wo that you will be able to build on this system so that some day you might have a full 7.1 full audio setup.

Read my post above. I bought most of those components when I was 19 and am stil using them today. When I watch DVDS on that setup the whole house shakes when i enable the Sub, Plus the 500s have frequency response all the way down to 40hz.

Rogo
Old 03-13-03, 10:12 PM   #60
Rogozhin

PS

Best buy is a piece of shat.

If you want to hear real audio quality go to your local HI-Fi shop with one of your most sonic CDs you own.

More than likely they will have a acoustically treated listening room where you can here the music it was intended to be heard.
Or just go to a hi-gi store and listen to the music they want you to hear.

It's a fun little trip, even better if you're baked.

rogo