Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-13, 02:00 PM   #1
News

Post Nvidia Bringing Back Silently the Generic CRT display 3D Support?

Today while playing with a non-3D Vision ready 3D monitor I've noticed something interesting in the Nvidia Control Panel ' an option to select Generic CRT display mode for stereoscopic 3D support with 3D Vision. And that 3D monitor worked just fine using both its own 3D glasses as well as with the 3D Vision glasses using the Generic CRT mode. Nvidia has stopped supporting the Generic CRT display mode a while ago, but it seems that they are bringing it back again. Have in mind that you need to have a 3D Vision IR emitter connected to the PC over USB in order for you to see the Generic CRT display option available in the Stereoscopic 3D panel. Also I'm using Windows 8 OS, so it is possible that it is only supported in it, unfortunately I cannot test it under Windows 7 at the moment, but you are welcome to try it out and post your results. I've checked that the Generic CRT display mode is present in both the latest WHQL and the latest Beta video drivers and works just fine. This could be good news for owners of Samsung 3D monitors that are not officially compatible with 3D Vision as well as other LCD monitors with support for higher refresh rates as well as for owners of old CRT monitors.

Other similar posts you might be interested in:

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote