Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-03, 06:28 PM   #13
AngelGraves13

Currently, their servers are DOWN! No one can log in to do anything, even the training! It's pointless to try at the moment. Instead of getting pissed, why not make a new account?
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-03, 06:29 PM   #14
Red Dog
Join Norml today!

http://www.openduringfreedom.us/index.php

Bacchus made a few comments regarding the Authorization issues and Forums.

[23:43] lend me your ears.
[23:43] Regarding auth, yes it is up.
[23:44] Traffic is so high (i.e. so many folks are playing) that the load is very, very high on our data servers.
[23:44] We are in the process of upgrading our dataservers.
[23:44] This process will take several days.
[23:45] We are working, and will continue to work, day and night until it purrs like a kitten.

[23:45] Forums.
[23:45] Same thing: we got more than double the expected traffic on our forums.
[23:45] MySQL crapped out on us.
[23:46] We are standing up a new server tomorrow.
[23:46] We expect that forums will be back online by Sunday. Permanently.
[23:46] In the meantime, trust that we are working day - and night - to making everything stable.
[23:47] We think you in advance for your patience, and *obvious* dedication to our game.
[23:47] and our thanks to all our community websites for helping us deliver news in the interim.

The End.
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-03, 06:34 PM   #15
AngelGraves13

come back later folks...lol
Old 11-07-03, 11:31 PM   #16
CWB

Quote:
Originally posted by 99 to Life
Currently, their servers are DOWN! No one can log in to do anything, even the training! It's pointless to try at the moment. Instead of getting pissed, why not make a new account?
I tried that too, 99. No luck there either.
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-03, 11:45 PM   #17
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally posted by CWB
I tried that too, 99. No luck there either.
Shouldn't that face be
Old 11-08-03, 07:23 AM   #18
Red Dog
Join Norml today!

It sucks that you guys are running into that problem,

but I can at least tell you its gonna be worth it to see it through.

the sf missions are cool as st. even the escape and evade training mission is cool as hell.

they added alot, even the M9 sidearm for Advanced Marksman. (snipers)
The said for the longest time, NO pistols. But the devs are awesome and respond to the community as long as it stays within their intended mission.

there are a few streams/puddles on the escape and evade mission, I waded through them and the water formed life like waves.
The sky box on that mission is high res, you can use your binnocs to look at the moon in detail. lol.

graphicaly the game is awesome, but i love the gameplay. eaxHD doesnt hurt.

The End.
Old 11-08-03, 12:34 PM   #19
Red Dog
Join Norml today!

you guys might want to try playing if you want to. they lifted the auth servers offline so everyone can play this weekend.

from the aa site,

AA:SF OFF THE CHARTS!

Posted: 2003-11-08 - by Bacchus

Since the release of AA:SF (SFAS) on 6 Nov, we have experienced record-breaking volumes of activity on our official website, servers, and authentication system.
Yes, we were prepared for a rush, but with 2.1 million users, we never anticipated traffic exceeding 4 to 5 times our normal level!
With such a strong show of support for our game, we've decided to open up the doors for you.

To meet this exponential growth in demand, we are adding more (and more powerful) components.

In the meantime, we have lifted Authentication for the weekend, allowing you to immerse yourself in AA:SF without interruption.

While you won't gain any additional experience, you'll be able to explore the vast online SF experience that this recent version delivers to you.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy AA:SF(SFAS)!

The End.
Old 11-08-03, 10:26 PM   #20
AngelGraves13

quite the opposite...their servers are back online and I have yet to complete the other training. The airborne training is nuts! how am I supposed to control that thing and land in the circle? lol..really...turn 90 degrees to the direction you are shifting to. what does that mean? 90 degrees? I was never too bright in math...maybe why I failed 2 years of it in high school and passed the other 2 with a D and C. Damn 90 degrees...what does that mean? 90 degrees of what??

Old 11-09-03, 02:30 AM   #21
LycosV

My account said it's password had expired too, so I logged in and changed the password. The annoying thing now is that I have gone throught the training mission twice (which is painfully long) and both times at the end it tells me I have the wrong password. But the password works in the Personal Jacket section. ARRGGGHH!! Worst part is when the training is over and it tells me wrong password, the window with the error is on a different level in the program so I can't click on it. I have to Alt-Tab, shut down the program, relaunch it and go through training again. A PAIN in the butt. They should have a way to skip past all that crap they tell you and just take the test.

LycosV
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-03, 05:45 PM   #22
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I flat out refuse to play this game because the Admins suck, the support team suck, and the devs suck. They banned thousands of innocent people who played on THEIR own servers and claimed we played on a server that had cheats on it. Then of course they sat around banning and insulting people in the irc chan who mentioned they had been banned unfairly while harping on about how perfect their anti cheat system is. Myself, I have never once cheated in a online game and I got hit by their retarded software. They eventually caved in after the massive flood of complaints and realised they actually were stupid and the software sucked and reactivated the accounts. I have yet to play since
Old 11-09-03, 06:00 PM   #23
IGx89

Send a message via MSN to IGx89

I was having that "invalid password" error too on Friday; but, when I did it again on Saturday morning, it worked fine. Phew

99 to Life: 90 degrees is left or right; 180 degrees is behind you. A circle is 360 degrees; that's where it came from. I take it you're not into snowboarding games, either

vampireuk: when was the last time you played? Before they had PunkBuster a few people had problems, but they added PunkBuster a couple months ago and it seems that everyone in AA-related forums loves PB. The PB team is pretty sneaky too; they sometimes purposely wait a few days before kicking people for a particular hack, thus lulling a lot of people into trying out that hack because it's "undetectable" by PB .
IGx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-03, 06:05 AM   #24
Kain

Okay, I downloaded the whole damn file (650MB). But, while it starts to install the game, it just quits and no errors are displayed, it just quits! I try to install again, the same thing happens. WHY??
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote