Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-02, 02:17 AM   #1
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default ROTFLMAO! I feel dirty

For the first time in my life I have installed Mandrake, 2nd time for a Linux OS though
Damn I feel dirty about it. lolz
1 small step for me. 1 giant leap from Billy's side.
Old 09-18-02, 05:05 AM   #2
sbp

Default re: being dirty

Great
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-02, 05:10 AM   #3
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

/me does his best apu voice

haa!! Take that you silly Mr Bill! you have alost another customer!

Thank you come again

^_^
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-02, 06:12 AM   #4
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Unfortunately guys my TV card doesn't work in there and I went back to XP :/
It detected and installed my driver perfectly in Linux BUT the software that was installed to watch TV was 's' with a 'hit' on the end.

BT484 or something. Good old Lifeview pci tv tuner. Works in XP but not Linux
Old 09-18-02, 07:04 AM   #5
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Unfortunately guys my TV card doesn't work in there and I went back to XP :/
That's a great reason to go back hahaha
There are tons of resources out there on how to troubleshoot it
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-02, 07:08 AM   #6
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Great. Please tell me how to get it to work?
That's the ultimate reason I went back to XP. Also for the fact that there are games from www.spidweb.com that I love playing so much that only work in windows. Please if you can tell me how to get them working and my TV tuner. I will switch back.
Old 09-18-02, 08:49 AM   #7
volt

Well what kind of TV tuner you have ? Company, model # etc
Since it's getting more technical in here...

-MOVED-

muahaha
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 09-18-02, 09:27 AM   #8
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

BT848 brooktree or something.

Old 09-18-02, 02:00 PM   #9
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Good one d00der, glad you are up finally!
here's mine, I just finally got the nVidia drivers installed with some help from the Linux forum...

Click the pic for the full 1600x1200 view...

Just about to go into UT2003! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Do as d1rX says, there's ways of getting everything to work, some are easier than others...
Old 09-18-02, 02:14 PM   #10
de><ta
prodigy

what version/distribution of Mandrake are you using?

I think there was a thread in the Linux discussion area about Mandrake and TV cards. Has it setup up your sound card properly? That is one problem with Mandrake and certain sound cards.When installing it does it properly but then later it reverts back to some SB default. Kinda annoying.

Freshmeat is also working on a gui based installer for all u folks who hate using the unix cmd line.
to install progs

Dorothy say bye bye to Kansas!

Oh and regarding that thread you posted on the linux forum about whether you can play mac games on linux, it depends on which version of osx those games where designed to be run on. Games which use lots of mac native structures wont run on linux.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-02, 02:45 PM   #11
volt

http://www.metzlerbros.org/bttv.html

Old 09-18-02, 08:33 PM   #12
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Mandrake 8.2 and sound works fine. It detects everything even my brooktree bt848 perfectly just not the tv tuner doesn't work. Thsnks guys. I'm dying to get back to Linux.