Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-11-03, 08:59 AM   #1
digitalwanderer

Unhappy nVnews attitude adjustment?

It was brought up over on B3D over the non-posting of Uttar's ULE here, is nVnews once again starting to try and get on nVidia's good side?

I honestly don't see any other reason for not posting Uttar's piece. It was solid and informative.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 10:34 AM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: nVnews attitude adjustment?

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
It was brought up over on B3D over the non-posting of Uttar's ULE here, is nVnews once again starting to try and get on nVidia's good side?

I honestly don't see any other reason for not posting Uttar's piece. It was solid and informative.
I will post what I did over there..

uttar's was an opinion piece... why is it imperitive that it should have been posted on the front page here ?

it ticked me off that uttar decided to take it upon himself to take potshots at members here for non-posting of the article...

so what if it's not on the front page ? I dont think nvnews is in the business of sensationalism... b3d for sure has not posted it... heck even r3d has not posted it... perhaps you should take issue with r3d and get them to change their anti-ati attitude as well ?

btw about the article... there are holes in it... uttar is going on hearsay as he himself has admitted... his article is based on 'sources' not from what he himself knows... he has already revised his article a couple of times... ergo why I call it an opinion piece...

its a good read but I fail to see why it should be on the front page digi ? do you have some vested interest in this ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 10:43 AM   #3
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: nVnews attitude adjustment?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
its a good read but I fail to see why it should be on the front page digi ? do you have some vested interest in this ?
No vested interest other than my interest in seeing nVnews staying the best source of nVidia information around...and I feel by not posting up that editorial it is failing to do so.

nVnews has posted up lots of stories based on Uttar's info before, but now for his final article which is his personal view of how nVidia was/is doing you seem to find it "hearsay" and "gossip"?

Yeah, I DO see a double-standard there...and I don't like it.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 11-11-03, 10:51 AM   #4
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Re: Re: nVnews attitude adjustment?

Quote:
No vested interest other than my interest in seeing nVnews staying the best source of nVidia information around...and I feel by not posting up that editorial it is failing to do so.

nVnews has posted up lots of stories based on Uttar's info before, but now for his final article which is his personal view of how nVidia was/is doing you seem to find it "hearsay" and "gossip"?

Yeah, I DO see a double-standard there...and I don't like it.
digi I think nvnews does an excellent job of posting news... both hardware related and otherwise...

they have also routinely posted rumourwatch links because they are generally good reliability (ie follow along expected lines) and thats great...

these are rumours based on things coming to the market or otherwise...

you don't seem to differentiate THAT from an opinion piece though which i find odd...

btw I am not speaking on behalf of nvnews... its just IMO you are making this a bigger issue than it need be...

r3d has not posted it (least till last I checked)... have you posted there and let the newsposters know they are hypocrits or have double-standards yet ?

I still fail to see a reason to put nvnews on the spot for this though... just because they didn't do something YOU thought they should do ?
Old 11-11-03, 10:58 AM   #5
digitalwanderer

I'm not putting anyone on the spot and I'm not passing judgement, I'm asking.

Is there a problem with me politely asking?
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 11-11-03, 11:00 AM   #6
volt

It's not really like that Sazar. Uttar often posted his personal views and those got linked left and right. Whenever Uttar posted something interesting it got linked. Actually anything major happening on NFI was posted.

I fail to understand why wasn't his last work linked.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 11:10 AM   #7
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I fail to see how a few positive words and a article not being posted means we are heading in another direction. Heaven forbid we don't slam NVIDIA at every oppurtunity and slit our wrists in depression when we report something bad about ATI.

Old 11-11-03, 11:13 AM   #8
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
I fail to see how a few positive words and a article not being posted means we are heading in another direction. Heaven forbid we don't slam NVIDIA at every oppurtunity and slit our wrists in depression when we report something bad about ATI.

lol...

slitting wrist may be a little OTT heh... but entertaining nonetheless...

Old 11-11-03, 11:22 AM   #9
digitalwanderer

Quote:

Hey, it's been pointed out to me that this place is starting to really show a pro-nVidia bias so I'm asking about it....problem?
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 11-11-03, 11:26 AM   #10
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Hey, it's been pointed out to me that this place is starting to really show a pro-nVidia bias so I'm asking about it....problem?
it has ?

tbh thats why I got a little miffed @ reading the stuff on b3d and then here...

IMO nvnews has been extremely fair and balanced in its reporting of topics and events in the 3d world (sry fox news but you did lose the court case )

where is the bias ?
Old 11-11-03, 11:26 AM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

It is when it's coming from people who would no doubt throw a fit if perfect angelic ATI ever got shown in a bad light.

Oh wait!....
Old 11-11-03, 11:27 AM   #12
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
It is when it's coming from people who would no doubt throw a fit if perfect angelic ATI ever got shown in a bad light.

Oh wait!....

now thats a low blow... lol...