Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-03, 02:59 PM   #1
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Default Windows XP view folder problems

Can someone please help me out, this is driveing me nuts. Ok in my document folder I have other folders with suff like games, music, stuff I made blah blah blah. For some I like to use thumb view others icons. All of a sudden they all are changeing to the same view no matter what I do. Its real annoying to have your programs folder viewing thumbs and so on, no matter what view and setting I choose they all sync up it seems. Any help with this please. I alread went to folder options and chose remember each folders view settings and its like widows is completey ignoring this and driving me nuts.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-03, 06:17 PM   #2
Ancient
Occasional User

Default Re: Windows XP view folder problems

Quote:
Originally posted by Sin
Can someone please help me out, this is driveing me nuts. Ok in my document folder I have other folders with suff like games, music, stuff I made blah blah blah. For some I like to use thumb view others icons. All of a sudden they all are changeing to the same view no matter what I do. Its real annoying to have your programs folder viewing thumbs and so on, no matter what view and setting I choose they all sync up it seems. Any help with this please. I alread went to folder options and chose remember each folders view settings and its like widows is completey ignoring this and driving me nuts.
You have probably already done this but I have to ask - Did you try the "Reset All Folders" button?
Ancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-03, 06:57 PM   #3
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Yes, everything. Guess I will do a reformat. Checked all over this is a problem for some people. I cant stand it.
Old 11-10-03, 09:57 PM   #4
Ancient
Occasional User

One more question - Are you using a FAT32 file system? If so, this is a known problem for those who use FAT32. Unfortunately there's no solution but to reformat, reinstall, and use NTFS instead (simply converting to NTFS apparently doesn't fix the problem).
Ancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-03, 11:34 PM   #5
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

crap guess I will try that..this problem has me that erked.