Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-03, 11:38 AM   #13
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
It is when it's coming from people who would no doubt throw a fit if perfect angelic ATI ever got shown in a bad light.

Oh wait!....
Now which one of us is being rude about this?

Could you please answer the question of if there has been a policy change or not Baron rather than mocking me?
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 11:47 AM   #14
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

No.

There is no policy change.

I'll reiterate verbatim what I posted there regarding this issue:

"Look, so maybe this was a little about timing, sentiment, and the realization that a lot of the editorial contains facts that have been rehashed repeatedly...

Nothing really against the article, but I get the "I've heard it all before" feeling from it...

Please realize that the nvnews community went throught some very hard times from january until well into the nv35's lifespan... the community was inundated with immature bashers and bringers of FUD and general crapola... the past couple months has seen a turnaround in the community's standing behind nvidia and their products, and that's to be commended (the company and the site)... i don't think I'm blowing thigs out of proportion when I say that the nvnews forums were hell for a while... full of nv-bashers, FUD spreaders, naysayers, undermedicated fanboys and n00b consumers looking for someone to yell at...


It gets old...

I certainly feel that nv has made some mistakes, but I don't make a forum career out of bashing one brand or another.

And Uttar, I don't really feel that you were bashing.. but just bringing up points that have been around the block a few times already... Mike's patience has run out on that stuff, and understandably so... he has his own fish to fry... "


.... mmmkay?
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 11:50 AM   #15
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
No.

There is no policy change.

I'll reiterate verbatim what I posted there regarding this issue:

"Look, so maybe this was a little about timing, sentiment, and the realization that a lot of the editorial contains facts that have been rehashed repeatedly...

Nothing really against the article, but I get the "I've heard it all before" feeling from it...

Please realize that the nvnews community went throught some very hard times from january until well into the nv35's lifespan... the community was inundated with immature bashers and bringers of FUD and general crapola... the past couple months has seen a turnaround in the community's standing behind nvidia and their products, and that's to be commended (the company and the site)... i don't think I'm blowing thigs out of proportion when I say that the nvnews forums were hell for a while... full of nv-bashers, FUD spreaders, naysayers, undermedicated fanboys and n00b consumers looking for someone to yell at...


It gets old...

I certainly feel that nv has made some mistakes, but I don't make a forum career out of bashing one brand or another.

And Uttar, I don't really feel that you were bashing.. but just bringing up points that have been around the block a few times already... Mike's patience has run out on that stuff, and understandably so... he has his own fish to fry... "


.... mmmkay?
I said it there and I'll say it here, :shock:

Flabbergasting.
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 11:57 AM   #16
The Baron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Hey, it's been pointed out to me that this place is starting to really show a pro-nVidia bias so I'm asking about it....problem?
Dig, why don't you just ask me or Mike or SOMEBODY in private rather than trying to start a flame war? Because that's all you're trying to do.

And yes, I'm more than a tad pissed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 12:01 PM   #17
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I said it there and I'll say it here, :shock:

Flabbergasting.
What's so flabbergasting?
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 12:05 PM   #18
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Now which one of us is being rude about this?

Could you please answer the question of if there has been a policy change or not Baron rather than mocking me?
That comment wasn't aimed at you
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 12:25 PM   #19
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Default Re: Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
What's so flabbergasting?
Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
the past couple months has seen a turnaround in the community's standing behind nvidia and their products, and that's to be commended (the company and the site)...
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 12:36 PM   #20
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

meh... please...

:-l

Sorry, I'm not going to bash the NV35 release.

I'm not going to bash the NV36 release.

I applaud NV's efforts in the FW 52.16's.

I'm really excited about the impact the 5700 non ultra is going to have on filling out the mainstream segment properly...

I am impressed with the oveclockability of NV's current generation cards.

I personally like NV's AA quality and the low performance hit on NV35 cards.

...

Much of the community feels this way too... It's a general "better feeling" about things...

I don't understand how my points could be viewed as flabberghasting... Because I know I don't stand alone in my opinion on this.
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-03, 01:47 PM   #21
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

hmmm, ok, so I've read the turn that the "My editorial is (finally) out." thread has taken...

I can safely say I'm glad I stayed outta that one, but I now understand how the attitude there spilled over to this thread.


What, am I that much in the minority, that I spend $100-200 on a card, and DON'T look @ AA with a microscope? And I DON'T read into company behaviors that I know nothing about? ... and I DON'T enjoy speaking about issues ridden with speculation?

... I just enjoy what I buy. And what I buy is always a *bang for the buck* situation... And I recognize my product's shortcomings AND benifits equally...

Why be a bellyacher when there's good things to be enthusiastic about (mentioned in the above post)? ...esp given the storms we've weathered...
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 01:53 PM   #22
ChrisRay
Registered User
 
ChrisRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,101
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
meh... please...

:-l

Sorry, I'm not going to bash the NV35 release.

I'm not going to bash the NV36 release.

I applaud NV's efforts in the FW 52.16's.

I'm really excited about the impact the 5700 non ultra is going to have on filling out the mainstream segment properly...

I am impressed with the oveclockability of NV's current generation cards.

I personally like NV's AA quality and the low performance hit on NV35 cards.

...

Much of the community feels this way too... It's a general "better feeling" about things...

I don't understand how my points could be viewed as flabberghasting... Because I know I don't stand alone in my opinion on this.

I dont get it. Because the tone changed a bit. And Not everyone is slamming Nvidia every chance they get, And people are actually seeing some positive side to Nvidia cards, The site is all of a sudden changing?

Digi, This is a flame post. I really must question your agenda at times. It seems you want Nvidia to be in flames, Whether there's reason or not. And I'm going by your posts today,

Anyway, Flame war? no, I wont get drawn into it, But Nvnews has had to deal with the hardest times considering Nvidias situation, But Asking an Nvidia fansite to label something a Piece of Garbage, (When It's obviously not) Is over the line.

ATI has a good product. But that doesnt mean there are not good sides of owning an Nvidia product. And I believe you want everyone to believe there is nothing good in an Nvidia card.
__________________
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 01:58 PM   #23
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
I dont get it. Because the tone changed a bit. And Not everyone is slamming Nvidia every chance they get, And people are actually seeing some positive side to Nvidia cards, The site is all of a sudden changing?

Digi, This is a flame post. I really must question your agenda at times. It seems you want Nvidia to be in flames, Whether there's reason or not. And I'm going by your posts today,

Anyway, Flame war? no, I wont get drawn into it, But Nvnews has had to deal with the hardest times considering Nvidias situation, But Asking an Nvidia fansite to label something a Piece of Garbage, (When It's obviously not) Is over the line.

ATI has a good product. But that doesnt mean there are not good sides of owning an Nvidia product. And I believe you want everyone to believe there is nothing good in an Nvidia card.
yah... in general there are positives in what nvidia have been doing and we can only hope that this in relation to the attitude consumers and their investors have taken though it is unlikely...

seeing a company on top take a hit in terms of the performance crown...they will obviously try and wrest it back...

though I am not a fan of the baseline performance in all aspects for the mainstream and higher nv3x cards... there is no reason for consumers not to buy them... they give pretty good performance across the board... especially with the new shaders...

actually... the new drivers would probably not be seen in the light they are seen in now were it not for the fact ati is doing the same thing..

I have a feeling were it NOT for ati doing the same thing that nvidia bashing would have encompassed the latest forceware drivers also...

now is THAT fair ?

just my $0.02...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 03:33 PM   #24
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default

Dig, if I might be so bold as to make a suggestion here. I think you need step away from here for a while. Take some time to cool off, go out of town, relax and come back. It seems that just when I start to gain some respect for you, you come along and pull this crap. You need to take pause for a moment and then come back down to earth. Think about some things, try to realize that the sun does not rise and set around you. And while you're at it, tell your online buddies who have been saying this site is biased to come back to reality as well. I can virtually guarantee that you'll come back with a renewed outlook and some fresh thoughts.

I'm following my own advice because starting tomorrow I'm going on a long weekend holiday to New Orleans. I get back Saturday night when I will go out drinking and on Sunday I will hopefully be seeing my girl. I'll be back on Monday and feeling a whole lot better about everything.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$300.00 - ASUS VE Series VE248HL-TAA Black 24" 2ms HDMI Height and Swivel adjustment News 24-Inch 0 06-10-12 01:35 PM
Sooooo... what's happening with the NvNews IRC? Kruno Feedback Forum 22 10-07-02 05:39 AM
NvNews = fat? Needa916 Feedback Forum 4 10-06-02 01:05 PM
Wheres the link that was here at nvNews a few days ago that had to do with... Tactics Feedback Forum 1 09-06-02 01:13 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.