Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-18-03, 04:41 AM   #13
Sotos

Question: STAR WARS GALAXIES GOT ANY BETTER???

Answer: NO and until got better most interesting Multiplayer games will have been released
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-03, 11:12 AM   #14
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by Sotos
Answer: NO and until got better most interesting Multiplayer games will have been released
Thats a matter of opinion. Also I realize english isn't your native language, anyone care to clarify that answer a bit more?
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-03, 03:36 PM   #15
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
Thats a matter of opinion. Also I realize english isn't your native language, anyone care to clarify that answer a bit more?

Of course it is as you have your opinion i have mine
and of course my English are not my native language

What my language has to do with the subject???
My AVATAR says GREECE doesn't it???? Have you noticed it ???

We are not all born in USA or England you know...There are other countries that ppl live also
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Old 11-18-03, 03:42 PM   #16
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

He wasn't insulting you, it's just the way you phrased the answer is very hard to understand.
Old 11-18-03, 03:45 PM   #17
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
He wasn't insulting you, it's just the way you phrased the answer is very hard to understand.
EEE??
What are you talking about???
I was not insulting anyone
I am just beeing serious as he was in his post

I just find his answer strange saying me about how good is my ENGLISH which has nothing to do with the topic subject...

I have a avatar that says GREECE so how is possible that he now noticed that my native language is not USA or ENGLAND...
I am a Greek so my english grammar is naturaly not beeing the best
Old 11-18-03, 10:09 PM   #18
betterdan

ummm huh?
Old 11-18-03, 10:33 PM   #19
The Baron

Okay JuiceZ, I got Pistoleer (finally), got my sliced VKs so I can gain mad UA XP (finally), and generally I'm a Lean Mean Fighting Machine. If you need weapons or armor sliced, lemme know and I'll hook you up with a friend (Master Smuggler and free, of course).

Then again, I should probably just point you to my guild boards sometime
Old 11-19-03, 03:29 AM   #20
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
EEE??
Never mind

Old 11-19-03, 10:49 PM   #21
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
EEE??
I was not insulting anyone
I am just beeing serious as he was in his post

I just find his answer strange saying me about how good is my ENGLISH which has nothing to do with the topic subject...

I have a avatar that says GREECE so how is possible that he now noticed that my native language is not USA or ENGLAND...
I am a Greek so my english grammar is naturaly not beeing the best
d00d yer making a mountain outta a moe hill, all I meant was I couldn't understand yer reply but didn't put it against you because it was obvious english isn't your native language, chill

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Okay JuiceZ, I got Pistoleer (finally), got my sliced VKs so I can gain mad UA XP (finally), and generally I'm a Lean Mean Fighting Machine. If you need weapons or armor sliced, lemme know and I'll hook you up with a friend (Master Smuggler and free, of course).

Then again, I should probably just point you to my guild boards sometime
sweet man, its bout time

I usually play for several hrs right after wrk between 4pm-10pm so send me a /tell when you get on I'm working on Master Dancer & CH right now, heh.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-03, 10:58 PM   #22
The Baron

CH... you lamer. Just wait till they fix Center of Being (well, more precisely Defense Acuity, which will in turn fix Center of Being for TKAs) and I demolish any creature you can throw at me. Then I knock you down using my Mad Pistoleer Skills and pummel you to death SABIN BUM RUSH STYLE.
Old 11-20-03, 03:40 AM   #23
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

Well i'm an avid player of SWG right now. The game has gotten a little bit better overall but its still really lacking in a lot of places. I would feel sorry for any new character starting out as they have batted all the good sources of income that some of us more advanced players got to take advantage of.

If you have friends its really not that hard to power grind your way to master in almost any class. The hardest two classes to master it appears right now is Merchant and Bounty Hunter. Merchant because of the slow xp gain from your vendors and Bounty Hunter because after 4 months they still haven't fixed the Investigation line.

The whole method of how becoming a padawan is implimented in game is attrocious as well. You have to join the other camped spawns of high level creatures in hopes you can kill steal for one of the holocrons. Once you have a holocron you get told to master a random class. Basically you get to totally dismantle your character that you have built to head towards jedi.

The whole holocron system is parching the game of people dedicated to what they want to do. Thus the cantina's have a lot of AFK macro'ing dancers and muscians in hopes to grind that level. Not as many people that play those classes because they want to or find it fun.

Quests have been fixed so that the text is actually there now compared to release but the rewards are the same junk as before. Completing a theme park is hardly worth the time nor credits to do it. The only one that feels worth it right now that has been added is the Warren. But its been soo camped by CH's and other characters that it was fairly easy to sneak behind and complete it as well.

Every major publish still brings some new and good things to the plate as well. This past publish went rather smooth compared to last month's. Last months was a disaster. This months has gone a lot better. The developers seem to prefer to push new things rather than fix what is already there.

The addition of mounts was nice but not the end off that a lot of people expected. They are about 1.5 times faster in normal speed than walking and about 2.5 times the speed while /gallop is active. (Burst run is 2 times normal speed) The reason they are slow is because the servers just could not handle them moving any faster. If they moved faster creatures and npc's would spawn right on top of you or behind you. This is going to be a major issue when we see vehicles next month.

Player cites are now live as well. If you were one of the lucky 10(each) to drop your city hall on the 3 major planets then you got to move your house and declare as a citizen and start paying taxes. Its still going to be a few weeks to see any of the benefits to cities as they are on a weekly growth cycle and the perks are for higher level cities.

As per each publish/patch the mounts and player cities patch has brought its own share of issues along with it. Some of these are due to be addressed in a patch in the morning. (one week after the original patch) But a lot of the things that were not correct in the patch notes (fixes for BH investigation, DOTs incapping etc..) have not been implimented or schedules for fix at this time.

Overall I keep playing mainly because of the community. Sure there are a few things I would like to accomplish first (for quests and such) but its the people around that have kept me playing. I've found my way into a tight fitted guild of people with my main character. Even tho i have a secondary character on a different server with real life friends on it i am drawn to play my main because of the community on that server. If they can finally fix some of the things that plague the game like guild chat being broken and the unbearable lag in some cities once i have completed what i want to then i may stay. If they cannot within that time it may be time for me to move on.

If you state the reasons you left the first time i shall do my best to give an unbiased opinion regarding it but there is a lot of the time my opinion of the game sways to the negative side.

I play as AnXdiety (BH-0,0,4,0/Smuggler-0,04,0/Commando- 0,0,1,0/Novie Medic) on Ahazi and as Barphollomew Mog on Intrepid. If any of you guys need hints or tips on grinding skills or information that i can provide feel free to ask away.
Old 11-20-03, 04:04 AM   #24
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
CH... you lamer. Just wait till they fix Center of Being (well, more precisely Defense Acuity, which will in turn fix Center of Being for TKAs) and I demolish any creature you can throw at me. Then I knock you down using my Mad Pistoleer Skills and pummel you to death SABIN BUM RUSH STYLE.
Its a shame pistoleer only has a knockdown in the same range as a TKA. Pistol Melee Defence 1. Is the only kd that a pistoleer gets. Unless you take the dirty fiighint line from smuggler pistols have no ranged kd. In a duel against any melee class just stay 20 meters away and you'll be laughing at them.

Smuggler has the best pistol specials of any class right now. Its why i dropped all my pistoleer skills (was a 0,4,4,4) paired with Bh pistol 4 and picked up the smuggler pistol skills. I was soloing mountain squills to gain my last box in dirty fighting. I have also solo'd krayts and ancient rancors without using pets. Love /feign. Panic Shot/Lowblow is insane. Now with last ditch doing 2k damage with my pre-patch krayt scatter and FWG5 its all kinds of fun. Its a shame they had to nerf the guns.

Here's an easy way to level unarmed 4 for those trying to get there.
Get yourself some sliced vibro knucklers. You aren't certed to use em but the added speed makes up for the lesser damage. Then grind up and gain novice pistoleer and stack health shot 1 and 2 on something and immediately switch to unarmed. The bleeds will count as damage done from the next attack you use. So if you use unarmed you'll gain unarmed XP for the damage done by the bleeds. Just set yourself up an attack macro as the following:
/healthshot1
/healthshot2
/ui actionSlot (where you put your VK's in your toolbar)
/beserk

puch away as it bleeds to save time killing things for more xp. With the new DOT restrictions you can just walk away as it bleeds down to 1 health then walk up for the easy punch to gain full xp.