Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-20-03, 09:30 AM   #25
The Baron

Ah, you are correct, mi amigo.

My plan is thus:

Master TKA
Master Pistoleer
Dirty Fighting from Smuggler
Some Scout (I think 3/0/0/0 is what I computed)
A bit of Medic (forget now)

This way, I can:

1. Bleed shots and knockdowns while I get close.

2. Lots of pistol speed.

3. UNSANE DAMAGE from TKM. And once they fix DA, unsane dodging/blocking/evading.

4. Terrain Negotiation.

5. Healing myself when necessary, and don't forget healing wounds with Meditate

And I thought they semi-fixed Investigation in the last patch because they simply increased the payouts and experience gained per mission. But then again, they didn't fix any of the bugs.

So Last Ditch is the best pistol shot. Figured. And why don't you drop your Commando, Brawler, and Medic so you can get the Pistoleer speed tree?
Old 11-20-03, 10:25 AM   #26
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by anxdiety
Here's an easy way to level unarmed 4 for those trying to get there.
Get yourself some sliced vibro knucklers. You aren't certed to use em but the added speed makes up for the lesser damage. Then grind up and gain novice pistoleer and stack health shot 1 and 2 on something and immediately switch to unarmed. The bleeds will count as damage done from the next attack you use. So if you use unarmed you'll gain unarmed XP for the damage done by the bleeds. Just set yourself up an attack macro as the following:
/healthshot1
/healthshot2
/ui actionSlot (where you put your VK's in your toolbar)
/beserk

puch away as it bleeds to save time killing things for more xp. With the new DOT restrictions you can just walk away as it bleeds down to 1 health then walk up for the easy punch to gain full xp.
Good tip there anxdiety, thx for taking the time to type the up

Yer previous post was good also. Was gonna mention about the lag earlier but was gonna mention it earlier. As fairly new player, only 3 weeks, its one of the main things that hurt the game. I'm finding myself spending more time on less populated planet due to the fact that the srv perf is better w/ less players.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-03, 02:32 PM   #27
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

The reason i don't drop the commando is because i have flame 1. Thus it gives me a nice DOT attack to use while grouped. Commando also gives me the cert for the Launcher pistol. Launchers are blast damage. Last Ditch with a launcher can do 3k damage on an atst.

The reason i don't give up brawler is because its a prereq to smuggler and commando.

The reason i don't give up medic is because using some bio engied clothes and nice 430 stim bs i can heal myself for about 700 per poke. (Who could live without novice medic skills?)

Also the 4 boxes of BH pistol offer more accuracy and speed than all of mastering pistoleer does. Using my scatter that is 1.4 speed i hit the speed cap anyways.

Investigation just got fixed this morning. It was a stealth fix. Wasn't listed in this morning's patch notes. But they increased the payout 2X and increased the XP earned from 1% to 2%. I may start grinding that out as i have finished my template and feel like starting the grind towards my Force Sensitive Character. I wanna master bounty hunter before i drop it because of the harsh prerequisits to even get that skill.

If there's any other tips i can offer towards your grinds lemme know
Old 11-20-03, 02:41 PM   #28
anxdiety

JuiceZ since you are fairly new to the game avoid the official forums if you like to keep your positive outlook on it. They are a mass of negativity towards the game. Here's a link to a guide i wrote a couple months back that may offer a few more helpful hints in your early stages:

http://www.swgcenter.com/info/article.asp?ID=1023
Old 11-20-03, 06:38 PM   #29
|JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by anxdiety
JuiceZ since you are fairly new to the game avoid the official forums if you like to keep your positive outlook on it. They are a mass of negativity towards the game. Here's a link to a guide i wrote a couple months back that may offer a few more helpful hints in your early stages:

http://www.swgcenter.com/info/article.asp?ID=1023
Something told me you weren't just a casual player, heh

Thanks for the link & the guide, I'm reading it now...
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Old 11-20-03, 07:30 PM   #30
PenguinJim

My two pence:

I helped beta SWG for a while, and, like the rest of the beta players, was very disappointed when they decided to release the game before it was even feature-complete (which it is apparently now approaching - most of the classes and their skills work now, but releasing it before this was the case was just so... well, to be expected from Sony I guess ).

Nevertheless, I bought a Collector's Edition and set about starting my new character. I had great fun all the way through July and August, although most of August seemed to consist of loading the game each day to see in what way the devs had nerfed whatever I was currently doing. I had an elite character before long (Master Pistoleer, with Master Scout, and lots of Medic and CH skills). However, the daily battle with the devs was ruining my enjoyment of an unfinished game. Having completed the majority of the theme parks, trekked across every planet (even the seemingly deserted Yavin IV and the barren northern desert of Endor), and seen most of the creatures, I had already run out of things to do. It seemed all I was doing was earning credits to sell on eBay (hey! I was making my own challenges, and although I wouldn't usually sell things that don't exist for real money, Sony and Lucasarts had been annoying me a great deal. Unskippable splash screens, come ON!!! At least they finally fixed that in September). I stopped playing at the start of September, because the game was just dead to me.

Having said all that, it did entertain me for around two months, plus I made a little cash. And I had the most gorgeous pink hotpants!

It should run fine on your system, ChrisRay, although I got a noticeable speed increase when going from 512 to 1024 megs of RAM (mainly with loading planets or going into cities).

I have been feeling genuine painful nostalgia for Everquest recently, though (which I stopped playing over 18 months ago). The ship journeys, the MIDI music, the "Looking for SoW!"s!!!!
I'm absolutely certain that I will never feel the same for SWG.

If the game does not collapse in on itself before the Space Expansion is released, I might take another look at it then. But the way things are going, I'm surprised they haven't had to reset all the servers already.

I have no idea if I'm recommending it to you or not, to be honest as I said, I certainly did enjoy it for well over a month (my interest started to wane towards the end of August, and I'd had it since July 1st). Also consider Eve, which I've been playing for 5 weeks now. It's refreshingly quiet compared to the overcrowded SWG servers, although I'm not sure if it will last me another 5 weeks. I have a spare new&sealed copy of Eve, if you'd like, for just 12 (+ P&P). I never seem to get around to putting it on eBay .
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-03, 07:32 PM   #31
PenguinJim

Oh, and I think that Sotos was saying that by the time SWG gets better, other MMORPGs will be out.

I'm still looking forward to WoW, and considering my recent EQ nostalgia, will probably have a looksee at EQ2 too.
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-03, 09:14 AM   #32
The Baron

Hey JuiceZ. Got a city on Corellia now. Want a house?

Old 11-24-03, 12:25 PM   #33
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Sotos
Question: STAR WARS GALAXIES GOT ANY BETTER???

Answer: NO and until got better most interesting Multiplayer games will have been released
Translation : NO and by the time SWG gets better , Moust other interesting Multiplayer games will be released.

Cheers
Old 11-24-03, 02:38 PM   #34
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

I played galaxies for two months then cancelled my subscription. It IS addictive for a while, but its not really "fun". Its addictive in a negative way, in that the game requires constant attention (e.g. building maintenance) and you are punished if you don't login atleast every other day.

The development team are a bunch of incompetant idiots who break 2 features for every 1 feature they add or fix. When I quit they had managed to break armor in the game entirely. This was a bug they knew about, it was a bug reported on the test center by the beta players. It was discussed on the forums for two weeks, but they still implemented the patch anyway. The devs made a patch live, knowing that it would break a major feature of the game. If I developed software like that, I would be fired.

The game is still completely disconnected from the starwars universe. Its all about pets. Combat is all about pulling your largest pokemon out of your pocket and watching it fight. "Rancor-chu, I choose you!". Droids suck in the game, being useless for combat and having no essential purpose. Vehicles don't exist (other than rideable creature pets) and there is no space flight or combat. Its not star wars at all, more like a fantasy RPG, and its not even good at that. The "dungeons" are short, cookie-cutter maps, thrown together in one afternoon and the rewards are usually empty containers. Everything else in the game is just randomly spawned crap all over the landscape. Kind of like how the levels in the original Diablo game were all randomly generated. Atleast in Diablo the loot dropped by the creatures was rewarding, Galaxies doesn't even have that.

Its not worth 15 bucks a month to play for sure. I won't ever subscribe to another SOE game.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-03, 07:02 AM   #35
|JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Hey JuiceZ. Got a city on Corellia now. Want a house?
heh I was actually about to buy one but since you asked I'll send a ya a tell when I'm on tonight.
Old 11-27-03, 02:45 AM   #36
anxdiety

What server you guys on? I'm off becoming a holocron farmer. 6 in 3 trips so far. Heck for what they sell for on ebay i could go into businiess .

BTW vehicles are sweet. Was on test center last night when they went in. All i can say is WOW.