Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-27-03, 10:17 AM   #37
The Baron

Eclipse.

And I got CH last night, will probably get TKN this weekend. Yes, I'm a lamer, but I'm going to become a solo Holocron farmer.
Old 11-28-03, 03:07 AM   #38
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

Pssst... CH and TKM are not the way to become a holo farmer hehehe. Remember in that lil guide i posted about resists and damages. If you're going to farm holo's you'll have to outdamage someone like myself. I'm a BH Pistol 4 now having to master pistoleer for the holocron. ( Sadly i had given up 0,4,4,4 pistoleer at one time.) I use some nice krayt weapons (republic blaster of 92=302 dmg 2.0 spd without powerup) to do a lot of my high end damage. I out damage any CH in the Faction Dungeon right now. Those dang swordsmen and Carbineers are a lot tougher to outdamage though. I have gotten 6 holocrons so far and have been out there maybe 5 times. I'm on Ahazi btw.
Old 11-28-03, 07:57 PM   #39
The Baron

Heh. Well, I'm TKA and CH now. So shaddap.
Old 01-14-04, 06:36 AM   #40
anxdiety

I'll necro bump this thread

I managed to attain my Force Sensitive Character Slot. Lets just say its a touch and go thing. If you thought bugs were bad before wait until you only have 3 lives before losing EVERYTHING. If you want details feel free to ask away. I'll offer help like before.
Old 01-14-04, 08:50 AM   #41
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally posted by anxdiety
I'll necro bump this thread

I managed to attain my Force Sensitive Character Slot. Lets just say its a touch and go thing. If you thought bugs were bad before wait until you only have 3 lives before losing EVERYTHING. If you want details feel free to ask away. I'll offer help like before.
Yeah, I have a question. My first holo said Master Merchant. Should I shoot myself in the face?

Seriously. What is the best way to grind through crafting?

I'm on Bloodfin. Toons name is Marqus

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-04, 09:02 AM   #42
The Baron

For a Master Merchant?

dude, you are so ****ed.

This is EXACTLY why I'm quitting Galaxies. I'd like to be a Jedi, but at the same time, I DON'T want to be a Jedi because EVERYBODY is going to be a Jedi. It's the only thing to do once you get decently powerful. Bah, I should just cancel my account now.
Old 01-14-04, 09:50 AM   #43
Nephilim
Slacker extraordinaire

I'm skipping Galaxies and going to give Final Fantasy XI a try. It looks nice and it's getting good reviews.

Athlon XP 2100+ | 512MB PC3200 RAM | Asus A7N8X Deluxe | GeforceFX 5900 VIVO 128MB @ 475/950 | 2 Western Digital SATA 120GB HDD in RAID 0 | 1 IBM 60GXP 60GB HDD IDE | 36x 12x 48x CD-RW | Logitech Z-680 THX 5.1 Speakers | 19in. Samsung 955DF Monitor | Windows XP Pro
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-04, 11:40 AM   #44
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

I played FF:XI for about 2 months. It IS a great game.....just so slooow. I felt like I was going to fall asleep while playing. I switched to SWG and I felt the interest meter rise quite a bit.

The skinny (in my opinion, of course )

Final Fantasy- Content, content, and more content. Great graphics and sound. Solid servers. Fun, but boring.

Star Wars- Faster pace than FF. Great graphics and sound. Customizable game play. Fun, but mastering some classes is like stabbing glass in your eye.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-04, 11:42 AM   #45
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Most of the people I knew of Starwars Galaxies left to play FFXI, the others went back to Everquest. Most of the people still playing SWG now are in Europe and thats only because it was released later over there, it usually takes a new player a couple of months to realise just how bad the game is.

SWG is a strange game. It manages somehow to be very addictive, yet at the same time dull, boring and unrewarding to play. The support for the game is terrible, it was released in a beta state with many features incomplete, broken or simply missing. The devs break more things than they fix with every patch, yet some people are still willing to pay them 15 dollars a month.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-04, 08:59 AM   #46
anxdiety

Mastering Merchant is pretty easy actually. All you need is 10 friends with 10 lots each. Find some nice flat ground on naboo and each place 10 small houses (1 lot each). Then place an entrance fee on each house. Run house to house paying the fee. Should be able to master it with your 10 friends doing so at the same time with you in less than a day. Either that or you can try and see if it still works but you used to be able to set the timer to 999999999 and it would effectively be negative. Have a single friend set an auto-run into the house and keep clicking ok for the next 2 hours and Merchant is finished.

As for crafting they aren't that bad. Get yourself a good crafting macro and you can fly through it. Architect can be finished in less than 2 hours. Tailor takes about 2 days. I've done my 13 professions. Lets say that if you can't take the grind to get a Jedi the grind as one is even worse. The first tree of jedi requires 800k*3 400k*3 200k*3 +120k = about 4.32 million Jedi XP. Did we mention Jedi XP comes in as slowly as combat xp. Then you need a nice 3.5 million to attain padawan. Oh and if you die 3 times you lose everything. Skills and even that nice shiny glowstick that costs 16million to craft.

And Baron why not just go Bounty Hunter and help reduce the Jedi population. As long as you're not on my server hunting me i'm fine with it.
Old 01-15-04, 09:09 AM   #47
The Baron

Heh. BH. I could, considering I've got the combat XP (I think..), am Master Marksman, and am almost Master Scout (but I could master it REALLY fast since I'm a TKA).