Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-30-03, 03:41 PM   #1
CWB

Default WindowsXP Color Schemes

This may be a stupid question, but...

Id like to use the WindowsXP-style windows & buttons, but have the ability to modify the colors of windows, boxes, etc., like youve always been able to do in previous Windows versions by clicking "advanced" under Appearance tab.

Im not after whole new themes or skins; Id basically just like to use WindowsXP look and feel but with Windows2000 colors. Is there an application I can download that will allow me to do this? Or any other way?

Thanks in advance.
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 05:10 PM   #2
Kandoko

Send a message via Yahoo to Kandoko

Hmmm... I'm not sure I understand the question. Under XP home you can still change the colors by clicking "advanced" under Appearance tab then select what part of the window you want to change
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaa.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	3867  
Old 11-30-03, 09:34 PM   #3
Serath
Dark Mirth

Send a message via ICQ to Serath Send a message via AIM to Serath Send a message via Yahoo to Serath

If that doesn't do the trick for u, try the program called WindowBlinds
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 09:56 PM   #4
The Baron

hm, you could use the Mighty uxtheme.dll patcher and use ThemeXP skins without ThemeXP...
Old 11-30-03, 10:10 PM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kandoko
Hmmm... I'm not sure I understand the question. Under XP home you can still change the colors by clicking "advanced" under Appearance tab then select what part of the window you want to change
I think that might only work if you're using the "Windows Classic" theme. Best bet would be to use the uxtheme.dll patcher or download an already patched copy of this file. Make sure the one you get is for the particular version of XP you're running (which should be Service Pack 1).
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 11:46 PM   #6
CWB

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I think that might only work if you're using the "Windows Classic" theme. Best bet would be to use the uxtheme.dll patcher or download an already patched copy of this file. Make sure the one you get is for the particular version of XP you're running (which should be Service Pack 1).
Thats correct. You can only change the title bars and such if youre using Classic. You can set the colors different under "XP" scheme, but when you hit "Apply", nothing happens; the only thing you can actually change is the desktop color.

Thanks for advice.
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote