Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-06-03, 04:41 PM   #61
junkheap

Just to let you guys know, temple of elemental evil is also a great game. Based on d&D 3.0 i think. Either way, its for those who enjoyed baldurs gate, nwn and so forth. Kotor is based on the same rule set somewhat as well.

Either way, for rpg nuts check it out.
junkheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-03, 08:03 PM   #62
himura_drew

Thanks guys for your answers.

Just got the game last Friday (the game was just released in Asia last week) and I'm currently playing it with the Radeon 9100 at 800x600, shadows off, medium texture details using the Cat 3.9 drivers. While the game generally runs along pretty nicely, it gets sluggish when I'm in outside areas (like Taris City for example).

With regards to my vidcard choices, the 5900nu still costs $350 in my country and that's a little bit more than I'd like to spend the only choices within the $200 range here are the 5700U, 9600XT and 9600pro which kinda limits my choices.

DESKTOP (semi-retired):
Athlon 64 2800+ @ 2.2GHz (245HTT x 9)
Asus K8V-SE Deluxe
1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
Powercolor X800 Pro 256MB GDDR3 w/ Zalman VGA Cooler plus RAM sinks @544/567 - Cats 6.11
40GB 5400 RPM Seagate HDD
Creative 8x DVD-ROM drive
Liteon CD-ReWriter 52x32x52
Task 350W PSU
WinXP Pro SP2

GAMING LAPTOP
Dell XPS M1710
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2GHz w/ 4MB L2 cache)
2GB of Dual Channel DDR2-667 RAM
Geforce Go 7950GTX w/ 512MB RAM
17" Wide-Aspect UltraSharp TFT Active Matrix WUXGA (1920x1200) display with TrueLife
80GB SATA HDD
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD
8x DVD+/- RW Combo Drive w/ dual-layer write capability
himura_drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-03, 08:11 PM   #63
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by himura_drew
Thanks guys for your answers.
....soooo...do you like it?
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-03, 01:45 AM   #64
SocketAzzWipe
Long Live The Crowbar

Is there a difference if you chose a female character vs male?
I finished the game with a male character....at the end your character confesses to Bastilla(or atleast you have a choice to confess) that she's a fly honey and you want to make babies with her...but what if you had a female character? Do we get to see some lesbian thing going?
SocketAzzWipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-03, 01:55 AM   #65
Chalnoth

Quote:
Originally posted by SocketAzzWipe
Is there a difference if you chose a female character vs male?
I finished the game with a male character....at the end your character confesses to Bastilla(or atleast you have a choice to confess) that she's a fly honey and you want to make babies with her...but what if you had a female character? Do we get to see some lesbian thing going?
I really don't think so. I started a game with a female character, and instead of coming on to Bastila near the beginning, Carth starts coming on to your character. Didn't finish yet, though.
Old 12-09-03, 04:32 PM   #66
SocketAzzWipe
Long Live The Crowbar

Quote:
Originally posted by Chalnoth
I really don't think so. I started a game with a female character, and instead of coming on to Bastila near the beginning, Carth starts coming on to your character. Didn't finish yet, though.
Would you be able to let me know what happens when you get to Star Forge? I'm not going to spoil it for you with any more information...but it would be great to know what happens in the same situation with different characters.
Old 12-09-03, 05:14 PM   #67
Chalnoth

Quote:
Originally posted by SocketAzzWipe
Would you be able to let me know what happens when you get to Star Forge? I'm not going to spoil it for you with any more information...but it would be great to know what happens in the same situation with different characters.
Hehe, well, I'm not playing KoTOR right now...just got Hordes of the Underdark, and am having too much fun with that It would probably be faster to do it yourself, if you're so inclined...
Old 12-09-03, 09:57 PM   #68
SocketAzzWipe
Long Live The Crowbar

Quote:
Originally posted by Chalnoth
Hehe, well, I'm not playing KoTOR right now...just got Hordes of the Underdark, and am having too much fun with that It would probably be faster to do it yourself, if you're so inclined...
Naw...I'm gonna be sucked in again and I won't be able to do anything else but play KOTOR.
Oh well, maybe one day I'll find out. Thanks anyway.

Old 12-12-03, 08:46 PM   #69
indio

What kind of framerates are you guys with FX cards getting with and without SoftShadows enabled?
I figured out how to enable them on an ATI card and was curious as to the performance differences.
indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-03, 10:09 PM   #70
Rob_0126
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally posted by indio
What kind of framerates are you guys with FX cards getting with and without SoftShadows enabled?
I figured out how to enable them on an ATI card and was curious as to the performance differences.
I get 30-60 with shadows (soft shadows off).

Athlon 1700 & G4 Ti 4600

Beaten the game with lightside, then tried dark, boy, Reven sure is an evil basterd.

Robert
Rob_0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 08:16 AM   #71
Vash
Angel Arms

Quote:
Originally posted by indio
Perhaps I missed it, but how do you enable Soft Shadows for ATi cards?
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 06:00 PM   #72
walkndude

Just add "AllowSoftShadows=1" and change "Soft Shadows=0" to 1 under the [graphics options] in the kotor.ini

For me 3.10's allow much better performance than the 3.9's when this option is enabled, and all in all I prefer the games default shadow rendering over the soft shadows option IQ...

You can decide which you prefer tho, hope this helps.