Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-30-03, 11:37 AM   #37
John Reynolds

My Klipsch 4.1s hiss at your setup, Rogo.

John Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 11:47 AM   #38
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Agreed $300 is for a CHEAP set of speakers? I thought a cheap set cost $12

And if a $1500 setup made a crappily recorded CD sound crappily recorded, but a $300 setup made it sound fine, I think that would be a $1200 saving I'd be proud of . IMO more expensive speakers should make things sound better, not worse

Ahahahahahaha

ahahahahaha

Those lil pc speakers are so ****ing stupid. I love it when ppl talk how great the lil plastic POS sounds

Quote:
And the fact that the sound is all coming from a Fotiissimo3, I bet you think thats the best gaming sound card out too

Before judging the sound in games, get a real gaming sound card
The F3 has much better sound quality than any SB. Not talking about eax and bs like that.
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 12:58 PM   #39
Rogozhin

Quote:
And the fact that the sound is all coming from a Fotiissimo3, I bet you think thats the best gaming sound card out too
I like the sound better than the audigy and audigy2-those are the only other sound cards I've tried.

Rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 01:00 PM   #40
Rogozhin

Don't worry John I won't let my system off it's leash

rogo
Old 11-30-03, 01:50 PM   #41
D.K.Tronics
Retro Gamer

Quote:
I like the sound better than the audigy and audigy2-those are the only other sound cards I've tried.
At least you have a sense of humour.
1 Gb PC3700 Corsair RAM
SBLive Platinum + Livedrive II - 7 years old and STILL going strong
Windows XP Pro SP2
D.K.Tronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 01:55 PM   #42
The Baron

Audigy sounds remarkably fake, processed, and Pro Tools-y.

Rogo, you ever try one of the M-Audio cards?
Old 11-30-03, 03:13 PM   #43
Rogozhin

Baron

Unfortunately I haven't heard the M-audio cards but know that they are audiophile grade

Here is a nice little review of the f3-He is hearing some of the things I have but I'm listening to it on a really good system even though I could listen to
it on my creek headphone amp and Grado SR120s.

Rogo

Quote:
On the upside, Crystal DACs are used by a number of high-end stereo equipment manufacturers, from folks like Cambridge Audio (D500 CD player) and the AudioNote DAC-One. Itís a safe bet they use Crystalís DACs because they tend to sound good. So, why should you listen to what I think I hear in these soundcards? Well, for starters, I am a trained professional musician. The Holy Grail for any sound reproduction device is to retain, as close as possible, the sound of the original event: the live performance. I know what itís like to perform, and I know what it sounds like. Audio presentation of the FF3 is a little more 'forward' in its sound than the SB Audigy. It also has a higher, more delicate and detailed sound than the Audigy. The FF3ís overall sound does give the impression of having a wider stereo sound than the Audigy, but not as deep. The Audigy, in comparison is less wide but deeper, more like you are listening at the music. In addition, the FF3 has a more intimate sound. The less deep soundstage is more like you are on the stage taking part of making the music. This is key, to my view. It makes you feel like you are participating with the music, rather than sitting back and listening. The FF3 also encouraged high-volume listening. Iím a head-banger at heart, so this was also a subjective mark in the right direction.
Old 11-30-03, 03:29 PM   #44
The Baron

Hm, the Duo USB box that I've used a few times for recording has the best pure stereo sound I've ever heard from a computer. Don't know about the actual consumer-level cards, though.

Old 11-30-03, 03:42 PM   #45
Rogozhin

What are the specs on the Duo Baron?

rogo
Old 11-30-03, 04:47 PM   #46
The Baron

http://www.m-audio.com/products/m-audio/duo.php

Used it with a pair of Earthwerks mics (forget the model) and Sennheiser HD600s. Tasty stuff. It's fantastic for recording--just take a decent laptop, the Duo, pair of mics, and headphones, and voila, you can throw the stuff together in a concert hall and have a pretty decent recording setup.
Old 11-30-03, 06:26 PM   #47
Smokey
Team Rainbow

I thought this thread was about CoD? CoD being a game, Audigy2 IS the best "gaming" sound card you can get, its my belief that people that dont think the Audigy2 is the best gaming card, they just tend to be against Creative Labs, rather than the card itself.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 06:31 PM   #48
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
I thought this thread was about CoD? CoD being a game, Audigy2 IS the best "gaming" sound card you can get, its my belief that people that dont think the Audigy2 is the best gaming card, they just tend to be against Creative Labs, rather than the card itself.
Not true, mi amigo! Audigy2 is simply a crappy card and people don't know better. It's like people thinking that more bass equals better sound. It doesn't. Usually, it equals worse sound. But oh well, people are stupid and those of us that know the Truth must protect ourselves from being led astray by such false idols.