Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-30-03, 07:08 PM   #49
Smokey
Team Rainbow

OH right, so I guess those Crystal DACs must be pretty crap then
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 07:17 PM   #50
Saint Lucifer
Not watching Manning poop

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Not true, mi amigo! Audigy2 is simply a crappy card and people don't know better. It's like people thinking that more bass equals better sound. It doesn't. Usually, it equals worse sound. But oh well, people are stupid and those of us that know the Truth must protect ourselves from being led astray by such false idols.
How can someone be 'stupid' because they think more bass equals better sound? After all, isn't sound quality rather subjective?
Old 11-30-03, 07:33 PM   #51
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Saint Lucifer
How can someone be 'stupid' because they think more bass equals better sound? After all, isn't sound quality rather subjective?
... no, at least not until you reach a certain point (a certain very-high-end point). but that's a whole 'nother topic altogether...
Old 11-30-03, 07:55 PM   #52
Saint Lucifer

What sounds 'better' is an opinion. There is no way you can prove that one sound card beyond a doubt sounds superior to every other sound card on the market. Rather, you can only surmise which sound card sounds the best to you or the largest amount of people. Therefore, the argument is not factual - it is subjective.

Now, the Audigy2 may not be an excellent card to you, but it sounds fine to me. In fact, I can't even tell the difference between a SB Live and an Audigy1/2. Granted, I'm not an aficionado like you, but wouldn't that more or less make me the average sound card user? Hell, I don't even know any good settings for the equalizer in Winamp... to me, it only makes things louder.
Old 11-30-03, 08:12 PM   #53
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

The Revolution is probably an excellent card. However, you cannot deny the fact that it's not really a card for gamers when you consider upwards of a 20% performance decrease when compared to an Audigy 2. I think the A2 is a fine card. It's certainly not one for professionals or the absolute true audiophile but it does a lot of us average schmoes just fine.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 09:54 PM   #54
sbp

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
I thought this thread was about CoD? CoD being a game, Audigy2 IS the best "gaming" sound card you can get, its my belief that people that dont think the Audigy2 is the best gaming card, they just tend to be against Creative Labs, rather than the card itself.
All too true.

---------
Between the Audigy and Audigy 2 ZS, I can hear a difference. Audigy 2 ZS smacks around the Santa Cruz.

Oh well to each his own. As long as you are happy that's what matters.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-03, 04:35 AM   #55
Sotos

The best card in sound quality is M-Audio Revolution 7.1
The Sound Quality in the card is the best i have heard no joke about it
and it's performance is better than average
Of course the newest Audigy 2 ZS is the fastest around in Sound performance for the games

For someone who likes music M-Audio is the best but unfortunately for someone who plays games a lot it is not the best option...

It's options is so pure (Max support Eax 2.0 ) and in some games it does not act so well even with it's current latest drivers

The best sound card for a Extreme gamer is the Audigy 2 series and especially the ZS series which has the best and most advanced features for all games and for the games that will come(EAX 4.0)

As for Fortissimo series latest cards...Its sound quality is adequate(and
some times better from a Audigy) but not even close to a Audigy 2 series in reality

If M-Audio adds better support with games and new features (like Eax 4.0) for games ...I am sure then my next card will be an M-Audio but not with current M-Audio cards and drivers...
Audigy 2 (especially the Zs) is the best card for me right now
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]

Last edited by Sotos; 12-01-03 at 04:50 AM.
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-03, 05:07 AM   #56
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Not true, mi amigo! Audigy2 is simply a crappy card and people don't know better. It's like people thinking that more bass equals better sound. It doesn't. Usually, it equals worse sound. But oh well, people are stupid and those of us that know the Truth must protect ourselves from being led astray by such false idols.
Audigy 2 a CRAPPY CARD ?!?!?

better think twice about that...Are you sure you know what it is truth and what is not truth

It maybe not have the best Sound quality but it is sure that it have the best performance and most advanced features for the games right now(and for the games that will come)

I guess you are not a "Fanatic gamer" or maybe you do not play games so much so that's why you say that...
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-03, 05:41 AM   #57
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sotos
If M-Audio adds better support with games and new features (like Eax 4.0) for games
Unfortunately that still will not solve the Revolution's problem of off-loading some audio processing tasks to the CPU, thereby slowing down games. The only way that will be fixed will be through a complete hardware redesign.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-03, 05:50 AM   #58
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by Saint Lucifer
What sounds 'better' is an opinion. There is no way you can prove that one sound card beyond a doubt sounds superior to every other sound card on the market. Rather, you can only surmise which sound card sounds the best to you or the largest amount of people. Therefore, the argument is not factual - it is subjective.
WRONG!
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-03, 06:55 AM   #59
Saint Lucifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargr
WRONG!
Since you have failed to take the opportunity to tell me exactly why I am wrong in your opinion, I'll just leave you with a definition from the dictionary which more or less proves my point.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=subjective

Another thing to prove my point is that some audiophiles actually prefer vinyl records as opposed to compact discs. Whereas, most people cannot appreciate the difference. Myself included, by the way.

Any time you're ready to indulge me and tell me why you think I'm wrong, feel free to. I, however, doubt you can come up with much given the 'eloquence' of your word.
Old 12-01-03, 09:12 AM   #60
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I find COD single player great...the russian fron was just crazy. For those that know about history that end really did happen and the parts where they had you running in a full battle with no gun was also very true. They had more men than guns....you waited until a comrad died to get a weapon. The multiplayer is different story, I still like MOH more because of the skill level.

And Saint Lucifer thats very true, I am big audiophile and if you have great set up vinyl records do sound better than some CD's. It is as if the person is there in the room with you....I think it just cant be matched in some aspecs.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote