Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-27-03, 10:07 AM   #25
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

Is there any firm date for D3? Last time i checked, it was supposed to be sth like March/April '04. Is this on guys?
P4 3,2@3,85GHz - Asus P4C800-E - 2Gb DDR-500 OCZ - 2x WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Creative Audigy 2 - ATI AIW 9800Pro - Antec 550W - LG GSA 4163b - NEC ND-3540A - Viewsonic VG700 - Antec Plus 660 AMG - Creative Inspire T7700 - Win98SE/XP
NAZCA M12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-03, 12:27 PM   #26
Sotos

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
:-l

Hmmmmm, a quote, and then a rebroadcast of previously posted hogwash. Nice. Please take your DeusEx2 lovin to a DeusEx2 lovin thread. Yes, it has its merits... but we're talking about Doom3 here... a game which none of us can/should make judgements on due to the fact that it hasn't been released yet... anyone throwing around generalizations based on the Alpha is NOT a concientious(sp?) gamer, and probably has an improper and underdeveloped undersatnding of the video game industry. oh yeah, Doom1 & Doom2... those were how long ago? There's no point in comparing a '93 and '95 game with an '04 game, really.... Not only that, but the original Doom games themselves should be appreciated more than ridiculed... they helped start the genre... a lot of hard work went into them to improve on the formula started by Wolf3d...

sheesh...

Sotos, your love for hatred oozes from your posts, and even extends to your signature. I speak for the community when I say "we're getting kind of sick of it"... Shape up or ship out, d00d.

I was not the one that compared DEUS EX IW with DOOM 3 at first check the thread again DUDE...

you better shape up or ship out DUDE...
i was not rude to you or anybody like you...i just stated my opinion "wiseguy"

If you do not like the others opinion it is your problem Ok!!!!
and if you do not like my signature that's your problem also MTV lover

now get lost...I have not done anything bad to you
I ONLY STATED MY OPINION IF IT IS SO BAD AND FOR YOU
------------------------------------------------------------------
Zenicase you have been REPORTED TO THE MODERATOR
i was not beeing rude to you as i remember....so you SHUT UP
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]

Last edited by Sotos; 11-27-03 at 12:47 PM.
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-03, 12:40 PM   #27
The Baron

Apparently, Sotos has yet to realize that ragejg is a moderator.
Old 11-27-03, 12:45 PM   #28
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Apparently, Sotos has yet to realize that ragejg is a moderator.
I know who he is
but that does not mean he can treat me so rude without I not beeing rude to him in the first place
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-03, 12:54 PM   #29
The Baron

He wasn't rude. That's the thing. Maybe it's the language barrier; maybe not. But to the Rest of Us, you are being quite rude in almost every one of your posts.
Old 11-27-03, 12:57 PM   #30
ALobpreis

Hey, why so much violence?? Deus Ex 2 is not the same type of game as Doom 3. Yeah, both are FPS, but they have different paths to achieve fun, joy and eternal happyness.
Maybe Deus Ex 2 has better storyline, and maybe Doom 3 has nicer graphics, so? Let be it, play whatever you like, or both if you prefer, and that's it.
We don't need to insult other games to praise "ours". I think -=DVS=- comparison was just a joke, nothing serious.

BTW, this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault...e3_2k3_pc.html
Is VERY old!!! Is this 175 Mb the SAME?? (even if it's higher quality)
ALobpreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-03, 01:41 PM   #31
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

in honor of sotos i have revised my sig
Old 11-27-03, 02:07 PM   #32
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Damn those mtv Skunks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pepe.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	3845  

Old 11-27-03, 02:17 PM   #33
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Exclamation

hmm obviously somepeople have some issues had a bad day maybe...

I was compareing Doom 3 Graphics witch i find much more breathtakeing then Deus Ex IW demo... from quality movie i saw ( yes sadly movie is same old just in better detail ) personally i don't like what they did with Invisible Wars game, first one was so much better , why devs think that takeing Guard down in one headshot is unbalanced is beyond me , isn't such games all about being closer to reality Deus Ex 2 , failed on both aspect no reality and its not very good shooter , thats my opinion and im sure many agree.

Doom 3 is same as Serious Sam it doesn't have to have lots interaction to be fun ( offcourse noone has full version so we woun't know for sure ) but its all about nice graphics , scary atmosphere and haveing fun never was intended or anyone has hoped it to be a Deus Ex kind of game.

Deus Ex 2 was suppose to be sequel to Awesome Deus Ex 1 , with nice realism , stealth , plus Doom 3 level graphics , now all it have is decent graphics sorta.
Old 11-27-03, 03:39 PM   #34
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
oh yeah, Doom1 & Doom2... those were how long ago?
10 years on 10th December. Doom's 10th anniversary. I'm sure they'll release something new on that date...
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-03, 09:34 PM   #35
Bandit1433

Who cares if doom3 is a mindless shooter. I hope its a mindless shooter. Thats what made the original doom great. You didn't have to think about it, just explore and shoot.

The story is cheesy but so what? Its supposed to be.

The whole point of doom is to creep the hell out of the player (and those imp sounds did a good job of that) and be a nice blast fest stress reliever type game. Not every game made has to have tons of depth.
Bandit1433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-03, 12:22 AM   #36
Kev1

Smile Doom3 is gonna ROCK...

IMO. I have liked every ID game that has come out

I want to lay waste and destroy everything/everyone who opposes me when I play fps games, while having the death and destruction I cause look really good graphically. I think Doom3 will provide that experience

Only one thing, I want NUKES
Kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote