Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 600 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-22-14, 12:11 PM   #1
devnull
On Deer Patrol

Default New drivers = random screen blinking

Hey guys, I've been having a series of issues with my NVidia GT610. For the first few months I've had it (I've had it for a little over 3 months now) everything was fine. Then after that, I got constant BSODs, and that turned out to be a power supply failure (I had a cheapie 550-watt off-brand PSU that had to have been at least 4 or 5 years old at the time), so I put in an 800-watt Thermaltake, as I know those are reliable, as I've had a Thermaltake 600-watt in my other machine for going on 6 years now, and it hasn't failed yet. It's not one of those $300 high-quality PSUs that you can throw huge rocks at, and they'll still keep going strong (bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point), but it serves my needs.

After that, my machine would randomly freeze on me whenever I played a game. This would happen on ANY game. Well I thought that since I would be playing games at the time my system would freeze, and everything was fine when I wasn't playing games, I figured the card was getting hot, so I shut the machine down, and let checked into it. The card was cold as a cuccumber. It was as if the games I was playing - Diablo 3, PoE, Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, and Sacred 2 (yes I'm a HUGE RPG buff) weren't even affecting it.

So then a few days ago I decided to upgrade the video drivers, because I had gotten a notification that NVidia had released a new version (which is pretty handy, I might add.) The new drivers fixed the freezing issues, but now the display will flicker on and off at random, and I will hear a sound from windows that only plays if a device has been disconnected. Again, the card itself is cold as a cuccumber. Anyone know what's going on?

Here's my relevant specs, in case needed.

ASRock H81M-VG4
Intel Core i5 @ 3.9GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
NVidia 610GT
2x 2TB hard drives
SoundBlaster Zx
24" LG PL2410 monitor
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 07:49 PM   #2
devnull
On Deer Patrol

Default Re: New drivers = random screen blinking

Problem is fixed. Checked application logs in Control Panel, and discovered it was being caused by the NvStreamSvc.exe file not being able to load something it needed. A friend recommended uninstalling the PhysX driver and reinstalling it, which I did, and I've not seen a single screen flicker since.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote