Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-30-03, 10:30 AM   #25
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
A kid and a crossbow is a bad thing, just as dangerous as a gun.
Bull****. Crossbows take time to reload.. (unless you got one of them weird japanese rapid fire ones, which I've never actually seen in real life), and are way less powerful, and harder to conceil.

Quote:
I always kinda thought Nutty was smarter than I am, and I guess now we have proof .
Was that a compliment, or an insult, I dont know..

Quote:
BTW nutty, how many people died by knife/sword/spear/bow/crossbow(for you vamp) damage before guns were invented? None in your world?
While they things you mention are dangerous, they are in a completely lower league than fire-arms, and you know it. With a semi-automatic rifle, you can mow-down an entire group of ppl in seconds. Try doing that with a knife or a bow and arrow.

damnit, I knew I'd end up responding again...

Quote:
that kind of emotional scarring could really screw me up later on in life. If only I had a gun
Lol!! Luckily for your father, guns are slightly harder to come-by around here..
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 11:13 AM   #26
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Sad thing is, even if they banned guns in the U.S. people would still get them. Kind of like the time they banned alochol. People went to other countries to get it, poeple were selling it under the table, etc. It was too hard to control, so the U.S. unbanned it. Guns would just be the same deal, because we are already so used to having it.

And if some people go underground to get the guns, it makes the normal civilians have no protection. So, basically, sounds nice in theory, but in actuallity it wouldn't work.
Old 11-30-03, 05:06 PM   #27
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty
Was that a compliment, or an insult, I dont know..
Compliment

Except you've been sucked back in!

Oh no, so have I!!!
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 05:09 PM   #28
Ninja Prime

Take a look at any country that has banned guns. The criminals still have them/get them/ make them, but the average person doesn't have any to defend themselves. Also, as I recall, the aussies violent crime rate went up over 40% the year after they got rid of guns rights for average joes.

And BTW, I bet I could kill people just as fast with a good sword as I could with a rifle, as long as they were close. At long ranges, well, a bow and arrow fires fast if you learn how, and can accurately hit people at 100+ yards. Also, do you think all those people making bombs and mailing them/straping them on/throwing them into crowds are doing it legally? How are you going to ban criminals from getting things illegally?

I think maybe the anti-gun morons should invest those millions the waste on trying to achieve something that will never happen(US giving up gun rights) in better police and enforcing laws already in place.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 05:11 PM   #29
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
Take a look at any country that has banned guns. The criminals still have them/get them/ make them, but the average person doesn't have any to defend themselves.

And BTW, I bet I could kill people just as fast with a good sword as I could with a rifle, as long as they were close. At long ranges, well, a bow and arrow fires fast if you learn how, and can accurately hit people at 100+ yards. Also, do you think all those people making bombs and mailing them/straping them on/throwing them into crowds are doing it legally? How are you going to ban criminals from getting things illegally?

I think maybe the anti-gun morons should invest those millions the waste on trying to achieve something that will never happen(US giving up gun rights) in better police and enforcing laws already in place.
Sure. And ALL schoolchildren should be forced carry guns - that way, if one of them decides to go on a rampage, the rest will mow him/her down within seconds! Problem solved! Hey, that'll even make them safer from paedophiles! Wow, I should be president. I like oil.
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 05:20 PM   #30
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Quote:
Take a look at any country that has banned guns. The criminals still have them/get them/ make them, but the average person doesn't have any to defend themselves. Also, as I recall, the aussies violent crime rate went up over 40% the year after they got rid of guns rights for average joes.
Well the UK banned hand-guns, and we hardly have any gun crime. The majority of our criminals dont have guns, and our police dont carry them by default either.

I was watching Bowling for Columbine the other day, and it was very surprising to learn that Canadians have loads of guns also, but extremely low gun crime.

It seems america is just in a vicious circle of fear, which breeds crime, which breeds yet more fear... and then they blame it on computer games..
Old 11-30-03, 06:02 PM   #31
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Well the UK banned hand-guns, and we hardly have any gun crime. The majority of our criminals dont have guns, and our police dont carry them by default either.
Actually gun crime has risen, there is a huge ammount of weapons in this country and only criminals have access to them. I use to be against guns until the level of gun crime rose to a rediculous level, now I want a way to defend myself and would love to have a gun for my personal protection. Not many retards will try mugging you if they are unsure wether you have a 45 to greet them
Old 11-30-03, 06:36 PM   #32
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Actually gun crime has risen, there is a huge ammount of weapons in this country and only criminals have access to them. I use to be against guns until the level of gun crime rose to a rediculous level, now I want a way to defend myself and would love to have a gun for my personal protection. Not many retards will try mugging you if they are unsure wether you have a 45 to greet them
Cool, something we finally agree on vamp.

Quote:
I was watching Bowling for Columbine the other day...
That's all I need to dismiss everything you say on this topic as total BS from now on.

If you believe the lies of a barely high school educated moron who makes movies that he admits are propaganda and admits he joins organizations he doesn't like in the hopes of sabotaging them and bringing them down from the inside, then your opinion is worth no more than my cats opinion.

My cat likes cat food. He says dogs are bad. He like to dig holes to poop in.

Old 11-30-03, 06:40 PM   #33
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Quote:
Actually gun crime has risen, there is a huge ammount of weapons in this country and only criminals have access to them.
I very much doubt that. Perhaps its only the reports of crime are going up.

Quote:
now I want a way to defend myself and would love to have a gun for my personal protection.
I think you're being a bit over-dramatic, and secondly I dont want young ppl like you walking the streets with firearms. What if someone smokes a bit too much weed, and gets a paranoid attack and starts waving that thing around at everyone who approaches him. What if someone gets careless and leaves it lying around, and then their young kid who doesn't know the implications, ends up shooting someone with it. Dont say it wont happen, because it has and does. What if someone walks in on their partner cheating while they have a gun in their pocket.. Most ppl prolly wont shoot them, but some will just snap and do it.

Quote:
Not many retards will try mugging you if they are unsure wether you have a 45 to greet them
See that kind of reasoning is just flat out wrong. You think muggings in America have gone down, even tho ppl can have guns? No. It just makes the muggers carry guns, and probably shoot you 1st incase you have one.

The solution is not to arm everyone to the teeth, but to stop the crime happening in the 1st place. Letting ppl walk the streets with guns is just fueling the problem.
Old 11-30-03, 06:44 PM   #34
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Quote:
That's all I need to dismiss everything you say on this topic as total BS from now on.

If you believe the lies of a barely high school educated moron who makes movies that he admits are propaganda and admits he joins organizations he doesn't like in the hopes of sabotaging them and bringing them down from the inside, then your opinion is worth no more than my cats opinion.

My cat likes cat food. He says dogs are bad. He like to dig holes to poop in.
Have you even seen it? He doesn't try to bring down the NRA, he's just looking for answers of why America has such a problem with gun crime, whereas other countries dont. Even other countries that have similar gun laws.

Still, this is the kind of response I expected way back in this thread....
Old 11-30-03, 06:45 PM   #35
The Baron

you can ban them just fine in the UK--you're surrounded by water. in the US, though, with the ultra-porous borders we have with Mexico and Canada, nuhuh, wouldn't work.
Old 11-30-03, 07:30 PM   #36
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Still, this is the kind of response I expected way back in this thread....
Then the must be common right? So, the majority of people think you're wrong right? So everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about but YOU and your buddy with a HS education and an agenda with lots of ill-gotten money to back it does?