Old 11-29-03, 08:34 PM   #15
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
pistol
chainsaw
shotgun
machine gun (may or may not be chaingun)
rocket launcher
plasma rifle
BFG
soul cube
Machine gun and chain gun. i.e. 1 small assault rifle, and a big huge mini-gun thing. Like the one out of quake2.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-03, 09:58 PM   #16
Ninja Prime

Mmmmm... vamp, that's barret-o-licious.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-03, 10:39 PM   #17
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
If there isnt a rail gun, then there deffinitely isnt one of those
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-03, 11:27 PM   #18
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

mmm.. lighting...

Old 11-30-03, 12:15 AM   #19
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
railgun is out, apparently, because it's all confined spaces.

last I heard, the list for D3 weapon was thus:

pistol
chainsaw
shotgun
machine gun (may or may not be chaingun)
rocket launcher
plasma rifle
BFG
soul cube

I don't know what the soul cube is... wish I did.
if you follow the link to the above pictures , to their forum.
there was a discussion about the Soul cube.. of course in german ..
aparently the soulcube is a weapon that can suck entire demons (like a ghostbuster weapon?),and their powers are transfered to you.. pretty cool i guess you will be able to climb walls like spiderman and throw fireballs ..or maybe special magic..

in the last E3 video there is a Huge weapon with many large cilinders that looks like the big anti-predator deadly chaingun ,of the same movie. maybe its the soul cube ,or most likely its another faster rate chaingun . grenades are there too. it will be cool smoke grenades and flamethrower.

note.. not all the scans were posted ,the earlier thumbnails in Doom3.maps have a few more screenshots ,but they're too small.

here is a couple of more diferent scans..
http://www.p0stwh0reforums.com/doom3/e107v0/news.php

Last edited by Nv40; 11-30-03 at 12:35 AM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 12:26 AM   #20
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

yumm.. more ss's

http://www.1up.com/slideshow/0,4371,a=108300,00.asp

Old 11-30-03, 01:05 AM   #21
Nv40
Agent-Fx

ok .. new info from the scans.. with some comments ,thanks to a noble soul for taking the time..

Quote:
quote: In the same building that houses the office of the mayor of Mesquite, Texas, sits the unassuming headquarters of Id Software Nothing to do with Doom³, but I did not know this and thought someone might find it interesting.... quote: But there’s no time to see the sights, as a couple of revenants start launching plasma balls and a demon floats overhead...... Floating demons? Hmm, sounds like the Cacodemon might make an appearence after all, which was never confirmed and many doubted it would...... quote: Next come waves of zombie security guards armed with shotguns. A couple shots connect, sending you reeling. This is one part of the game that surprised me-the visceral feel of each blow. Whether you get slashed by a zombie or take a shotgun blast to the grill, your “head” snaps away, making it tough to focus and aim properly for a few seconds. And, thanks to the per-poly hit detection, the strength of that shot and the subsequent blow varies. Some bits hit your armor, but the strays that actually connect with flesh are going to do more damage…and every projectile is precisely calculated with the physics engine, whether you’re taking potshots or just knocking out the glass from a window. Very neat. quote: The art in Doom 3 looks like an H.R. Geiger nightmare. Lead artist Kenneth Scott starts by showing the cast of prezombified characters, each with different types of head and effects. He uses a blending technique to shift a woman from the normal state to a sallow zombie. “Early shots we’ve sent out only have a couple zombies in them. People are probably thinking they all look alike, but they don’t,” says Scott. There are lots of gruesome ways to die, and they’ll all be on display. Various chunks from a body could be missing, an exposed skull here, no stomach there. Then there are some personal favorites, like the security guards who still wear cracked goggles after their eyeballs have burst. There are effects also being added to some, like “Burnie,” for example. This zombie model has flames licking off parts of his body, and you can see the charred flesh underneath. I know some people were having doubts that there would be much variation between zombies, since we have only seen the Skinny/Fat/Chainsaw ones so far. quote: But this is saying nothing of the bigger, tougher denizens of hell........Thing-inspired trites that make Half-Life’s headcrabs look like the catch of the day, and lots of as-yet-unnamed creatures. lol, I just had to include that. Don't get started with your "arrogant id assholes" flames, it was the journalist who said that not an id employee...... quote: A huge monstrosity fills the screen for a split second. “Oops, I don’t think I was supposed to show you that!” The unarmed Jurassic demon is so big it can’t be seen in it’s entirety in one screen. While Scott can’t go into detail on what it is, he assures me that this isn’t the final boss. Now that’s a scary thought. Reminds me of the huge scale of some Quake4 enemies we have seen in the Quake4 concept art, lovin it..... quote: “The fact that we include all the tools, source maps, and textures on the disc is big. This is the first time this has been done.” You won’t get the 3d modeling (Lightwave) and animation (Maya) tools that we used, but there are light versions and free programs available on the Web. “Because of the things the engine can do, we can expect to see some great things [from the modding community]”. quote: Doom 3 may be intentionally slow-paced, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get some serious speed. The physics engine allows for vehicles, if desired. You can also get fast and furious combat, as in the upcoming Quake 4. (Duffy confirmed that Raven Software is working on Quake 4 right now in tandem with the id folks, but other than that, mum’s the word.) quote: The single-player game may be intentionally slow, but the pace is kicked up for multiplayer. quote: Fun Facts: The face of the space marine you control in the game is that of Kevin Clo
and another interesting note.. in some of the scans it was told by -idS- that the effect of players being sucked to the outside ,when people breaks the glass windows (like total recall movie) was -removed- because it was deathly Slow for any hardware and very intensive work for a computer to do the effect. what im curious if that was removed from the game only ,because im really sure modders will like someday to play with those neat effects.

Last edited by Nv40; 11-30-03 at 01:19 AM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 08:42 AM   #22
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Wanna more ? here ya go ..

SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-03, 02:18 PM   #23
poursoul
i eat people

MAN! this thread kicks ass.
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-03, 05:19 AM   #24
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy
Unhappy

Got some bad news...

I was watching "Cashing In" on FOX News a moment ago and Steve Doocy picked Activision as a good stock to invest in. One of the other panelists disagreed with Doocy saying, "Activision's on the pricey side, yada-yada this, yada-yada that, and with Doom 3 delayed until 2005, investors should very cautious..."

Does the shareholders of Activision and stock market analysts know something we don't?!?