Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-26-02, 11:21 AM   #61
DIMA

Send a message via ICQ to DIMA

Quote:
Originally posted by skipparoo

Indeed, indeed...however...have you guys noticed that the Anisotropic Filtering bug with Multitexturing in 3DMark2001 still exists. I mean, it seems obvious now that the bug lies in 3DMark and not nVIDIA's drivers, or the GeForce4 itself, but you've got to wonder why it hasn't been fixed. Just a thought..

-Skippy
Ehm... the multitexturing bug is a hardware bug, not a software bug.
DIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-02, 12:11 PM   #62
Renzo
The Terminator

Someone mentioned UT2K3 crashes with 40.52? I decided to test it and it's true. My W2K got so messed up that I had to press reset button, something I haven't had to do in a looooooooong time. I could actually get to the desktop but it was so messed up, screen flashed and nothing could be done so the final solution had to be done Event log was full of "NV" errors when I checked it afterwards.

A few minor bugs are nothing but even one single major bug that crashes computer that bad tells me to change drivers. So it's 30.82 again.
Old 09-26-02, 06:43 PM   #63
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by DIMA

Ehm... the multitexturing bug is a hardware bug, not a software bug.
Is this a fact though? nVIDIA hasn't made any kind of public announcement about this, and I don't remember it ever being confirmed that indeed the hardware was faulty. Are you saying that there is no way a GeForce4 will ever be able to calculate Multitexturing with Anisotropic Filtering properly? We need to find another way to test this, other than using one test from one benchmark program..

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote