Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-03-03, 07:22 AM   #1
The Wind Waker

Default Floating point PBuffer?

Hi,

I need floating point P Buffer for my work, and I learned that Ge Force FX supports floating point buffers. I can't get it working under linux, but as reported on internet it is supported under windows. Is it due to driver? Does only Forceware support it? Will next release of driver for linux support it?

Thanks,
Naveed
The Wind Waker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-03, 07:52 AM   #2
nutball
International God of Sex

The Linux drivers do support floating-point pbuffers. Download the Linux SDK from the NVIDIA website, there's an example program in that which utilises FP pbuffers.
Old 12-03-03, 08:49 AM   #3
The Wind Waker

Strange, I always get this error message when I try to initialize floating point pbuffer

float buffers not yet implemented for GLX on linux platform

it works for ATI cards where it uses GLX_ATI_pixel_format_float, but nvidia it seems there no supported floating point pixel format. I will check again.

Thanks,
Naveed
The Wind Waker is offline   Reply With Quote