Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-03-03, 08:18 PM   #1
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Unhappy No Go for Sin2

Oh well... I have some fond memories of playing Sin. Reminded me alot of an updated Duke3d. (after it was patched up of course )

But it looks like no publisher is interested. Here is a post from Shacknews forums

Quote:
We were working Sin2, but there was no publisher interest in today’s game market. Even have a really slick demo in a next generation technology (beyond Quake3.)

Maybe it can happen in a few years when the next round of "resurrect old game franchises" mentality resurfaces.

Until that day....
Quote:
Yeah, the Sin2 concept was NOT a remake - it is a continuation of the franchise with some cool new features, characters, weapons, etc...
With all these signatures, you'd think there would be publisher interest... http://www.petitiononline.com/sin2/

I say they release that demo to the public

Last edited by jAkUp; 12-03-03 at 08:33 PM.
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-03, 08:31 PM   #2
digitalwanderer

I liked Sin too after patches, but if they had a killer demo they'd be releasing it even if they didn't have a publisher hoping to get a publisher thru publicity and popular outcry.

If they had a killer game they'd be putting it out to prove it, with the recent disapointments of HL2 & now DE:IW there is a vaccum screaming to be filled with a great shooter right now.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 01:38 AM   #3
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Well, Sin was marketed with Elexis Sinclaires boobies, and that approach doesnt seem to work anymore. There was nothing special about the game really. The particle effects were cool at the time but the game aged FAST.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 02:59 AM   #4
sbp

Default bummer

Thats too bad, I would like to see a Sin2.
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote