Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-03-03, 10:33 PM   #1
danlofgren

Default Why no cheats for Mafia?

NOT looking to discuss the issue of whether cheating is good/bad, right/wrong, for you/not for you - I'm simply wondering why MOST pc games (including the recently released Call of Duty, Max Payne 2, and XIII) DO in fact have cheat codes (god mode, inf. ammo, etc), for whatever the reason, but Mafia has none whatsoever.

(Also, it's a pretty tough freaking game - i've been stuck on the last level for months- distracted by other games, ofcourse)
Old 12-03-03, 10:42 PM   #2
Kandoko

Send a message via Yahoo to Kandoko

There are trainers out for the game that let you have that and more but I could only get them to work on the original game none worked on the patched version at the time. Do a google search for mafia trainers.
Check gamefaq.com for walkthroughs and possible built in cheats.
Old 12-04-03, 01:35 AM   #3
danlofgren

Thanks for the info on "trainers" - i've never heard of them before now. I found one that works for Mafia v1.1 created by "slippery jim" but it doesn't have inf health. I cannot find a single other trainer for v1.1 - all others seem to be for 1.0. I guess i'll have to just reinstall 1.0 so i can finally beat this awesome (but hard) game.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-03, 04:10 AM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

The issue of cheating in singleplayer games probably bothers nobody, its only when people cheat in multiplayer games.
Old 12-04-03, 05:08 AM   #5
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

i'm willing to bet the developers wanted you to play their game, not walkthrough it and misjudge it. Hence no cheats
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 10:18 AM   #6
Kandoko

Send a message via Yahoo to Kandoko

Quote:
wanted you to play their game, not walkthrough it
Ala the original Hitman. Mafia has a even more console style save system that GTAIII. The game only saves a predetermined points and between missions. And when your down to 1 shot will kill you or no ammo half way through you have to restart the entire level over. The game is so unforgiving if you dont follow the exact patch specified by the designers that exploration just leads to failure. I for one WILL not replay the same level over and over and over and over just because of a ****ty save system and lousy controls. All leaving cheats out of single player does is some return the game or resell it. If they make a MAFIA2 it will recive a "meh" from me unless thay clean up game play.

Overall I found mafia story line interesting but it is set on rails and has no replayability IMO. Hell you have to complete the entire storyline before your allowed to take the mission not from other characters but from the same guy on different corners. The free ride campign is a completely seperate from the main game and felt slapped on to compete with GTA.
Old 12-07-03, 12:40 AM   #7
Gargr

Mafia is perfect for me. I have 130~ games and Mafia is one of the few that i finished without cheating at all.

Great game.
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote