Angry Samsung X10

Still don't handle the LCD panel of my laptop, the Samsung X10
cycojesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 02:56 PM   #50
DerKostka

Send a message via ICQ to DerKostka
Default Ali Agp Problem Fixed ?

Hi,

Did they fix the "freeze" Problem mentioned in the old Readme ?
I've got that Problem and have to deactivate my AGP (AGP=0) not to get a freeze when is use X (with Kde or Opengl apps).

They said, they`ll try to fix that Problem, i really want to go on Gaming with Linux Mandrake9.2 !
DerKostka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 11:09 PM   #51
dittohead

Hey, running fedora with the athlon kernel build that comes with fedora, but it (it being the beta installer) says something about ignore_cc_mismatch, (gcc versions not matching) how do I fix this, I need to get my drivers installed very soon, thanks!
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 11:12 PM   #52
floam

dittohead: Try recompiling your kernel yourself.
floam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 08:41 AM   #53
DtJee

You donīt need to compile a whole new kernel, just go to console and hack in

export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1

then run the nvidia installer... It will work
DtJee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 10:25 AM   #54
SnapIT

Quote:
Originally posted by k3ant
Since I'm not a game player, so far stability hasn't been an issue on either of my systems! I only make mention of the 'glxgears --display' frame rate since it is one test that everyone has on their systems. Even though it may not be a proper test for video benchmarking, I know that if I get a frame rate in the 200s without the drivers, and a frame rate in the 1800s with the drivers installed, the higher frame rate must be, has to be, better.

Everything in this world 'is' relative...

SuSE's Yast downloads version 4496...
I cannot for the world understand why someone would want to use the closed drivers in such an environment... you, are one of the very few, i do believe that even nvidia states that the nv driver is more stable in a system that does not need 3d...

In other words, i wouldn't take your "advice" on anything as you seem to have a problem coping with the reality of the computer world...
SnapIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 10:35 AM   #55
SnapIT

Quote:
Originally posted by DtJee
You donīt need to compile a whole new kernel, just go to console and hack in

export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1

then run the nvidia installer... It will work
What's with ALL THE MORONS that post lately, yes, it will work, however, have you checked your log after installing it that way?

FFS... Just because you read something that works for you, doesn't mean that it will work for a majority, or even one person besides you, I hope you know how to solve that...

Ask him for his log? nah... won't work, the warnings will just be IGNORED...

There is a reason why this was not implemented as a standard, it is NOT a good practice...

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE AND COME BACK HERE POSTING; YOUR LOG FILES WILL BE INCORRECT...

Which means that if it doesn't work for you, you can go screw yourself... nobody will know of any solution, reinstall..
Old 12-13-03, 11:40 AM   #56
The Analog Kid

Send a message via ICQ to The Analog Kid Send a message via AIM to The Analog Kid

This driver works fine for me on 2.6-test-11-love2. My suggestion is not to use IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH, if your using RH/Fedora they do provide the kernel configs, load one up, using make menuconfig, and save, and compile, it's a painless process.

Old 12-13-03, 01:02 PM   #57
SnapIT

Quote:
Originally posted by The Analog Kid
This driver works fine for me on 2.6-test-11-love2. My suggestion is not to use IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH, if your using RH/Fedora they do provide the kernel configs, load one up, using make menuconfig, and save, and compile, it's a painless process.
Seems someone just HAD to prove my point...
Old 12-13-03, 02:38 PM   #58
The Analog Kid

Send a message via ICQ to The Analog Kid Send a message via AIM to The Analog Kid

Quote:
Originally posted by SnapIT
You know, with an attitude like that, it's not going to get you very far. It's people like yourself, that make me not come here as often, so I forgot to throw in an also to concur with your post. So ****ing what.
Old 12-13-03, 04:04 PM   #59
LordMorgul
Electrical Engineer

Quote:
Originally posted by dittohead
Hey, running fedora with the athlon kernel build that comes with fedora, but it (it being the beta installer) says something about ignore_cc_mismatch, (gcc versions not matching) how do I fix this, I need to get my drivers installed very soon, thanks!
This can be fixed by recompiling your kernel as suggested.. however what that does is compile your kernel with the 3.3.x version of gcc which is NOT yet suggested for compiling 2.4 kernels. In other words, you are compiling a kernel that RedHat themselves avoided using, for a reason. If there are other reasons you are compiling the kernel, I would use the following suggestion to compile it rather than using the 3.3.x compiler. 3.3.x compiles 2.6 kernels fine.

The better approach is to compile the module using the same gcc version that your kernel uses, this is a very simple thing to do.
Before you compile, make sure you have installed the gcc32 package (rpm -q gcc32) and then, immediately before running the installer (and in the same terminal) type:

export CC=gcc32

The compatibility warnings should not appear because you no longer are using the wrong version of gcc.
Old 12-13-03, 04:54 PM   #60
floam

Quote:
How is the point yours? You made a point, then a guy made the same point, but instead of backing it up with caps and elitist bull****, he actually told the guy what he needs to do to fix it. Who cares?
floam is offline   Reply With Quote