Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-03, 06:30 PM   #61
SnapIT

Quote:
Originally posted by The Analog Kid
You know, with an attitude like that, it's not going to get you very far. It's people like yourself, that make me not come here as often, so I forgot to throw in an also to concur with your post. So ****ing what.
I was out of line, please accept my apologies for the attitude towards you... *puts out hand*
SnapIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 06:38 PM   #62
SnapIT

Quote:
Originally posted by floam
How is the point yours? You made a point, then a guy made the same point, but instead of backing it up with caps and elitist bull****, he actually told the guy what he needs to do to fix it. Who cares?
*sigh* McFly, is that you? *think* McFly, *think*

It was regarding recommending beta to beginners, i know every noob like yourself think he is 1337 h4x0r but the reality is that unless you are developing or contributing to it you should leave it alone...

AND i have apologized to his post as i mistook it for a recommendation instead of an instruction...

I'm sorry, but i have no pity for fools...

bye...
SnapIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 08:08 PM   #63
floam

Quote:
i know every noob like yourself think he is 1337 h4x0r but the reality is that unless you are developing or contributing to it you should leave it alone...
I would really like to know what makes me a newbie to you, and why you think I think anything more of myself than I am. I never said I was smarter than you, but am beggining to think that is so. What projects have you contributed to? For the record, just looking through my last one weeks worth of email I have submitted 5 bugreports via bugzilla for two separate projects, and a patch that fixes a bug to a third project. I am not trying to put myself higher than anyone. You trying to put anyone lower than you is out of line. Please stop flaming, thanks.

Last edited by floam; 12-13-03 at 09:40 PM.
floam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 09:02 PM   #64
The Analog Kid

Send a message via ICQ to The Analog Kid Send a message via AIM to The Analog Kid

Yes, even if he is a noob, well everyone has to start at the bottom, you can't just walk into the Linux world without any experiance, and say your an expert.
Old 12-14-03, 04:11 AM   #65
Sir_Brizz

Send a message via ICQ to Sir_Brizz Send a message via AIM to Sir_Brizz Send a message via Yahoo to Sir_Brizz

hey what is this the Linux Flameboards???
Visiontek GF4ti4600
SB Audigy 1 (w/ 1394)
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-03, 05:08 AM   #66
redmac5

Default Re: Samsung X10

Quote:
Originally posted by cycojesus
Still don't handle the LCD panel of my laptop, the Samsung X10
Ah, noo! Please, someone at NVidia fix this!!
I have been waiting for 3d on my X10 for weeks now.
redmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-03, 05:19 AM   #67
DtJee

only for the archive....
he described the commonly known error... the IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH...
Are you guys running in Fedora ??? I do... and I am running an Gentoo and an RH9... And I cannot point out any difference in function and performance between the Gentoo... (COMPILED WITH THE RIGHT GCC) and the RH9 with the BugFix... hes also running FEDORA he said and I really don kno if its that wrong saying how to fix it in an fast way (and for me and a lot other users running fine configuration). BTW... the gcc problem points out that the compiler uses a few other features... this is no big thing because fedora comes with an pre compiled kernel... why not.. and the gcc updates after first fedora installation... with the up2date feature... so if you dont have any probs with using the IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH feature y should I recompile a Kernel which works rather good for me. I am not allknowing or anything and I really like to be teached... but simply saying you must read the log etc.. when the ERROR appears in an Big Red Box on the desk (a commonly known error in the group of fedora users (look@deja)) I would say that the IGNORE flag is a way to try it... so please dont argue give a short statement and dont tell anyone for about an hour what youre thinking about the flag the kind of answer or anything... and when you guys all have such probs with the driver... go on mail nvidia... when you whant opensource driver (which never will appear from nvidia, for some economic reasons. The GPU market is rather hard... and releasing an opensource driver exposing the own features and technics could show the other producers too much. I cant proof this but think about it....

Many words for one thing...
I am running the Flag, I am running up2date Fedora (and other) I am experience no performance probs or any other thing.... so please accept it.. ;-). Linux is such a nice toy because many ways lead to rome....
DtJee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-03, 05:30 AM   #68
LordMorgul
Electrical Engineer

I have been using Fedora since the RH team moved into the project, through the test series for FC1, and at least 10 different kernels. Yes, ignoring the error does work, and I had no issues with it specifically. However as SnapIT mentioned it does invalidate any module errors that may be returned or logged, that information is no longer trustworthy. The problem doesn't require recompiling the kernel, but rather taking the correct approach to removing the error (that I posted above) instead. Match the compiler used on the module to the one used for the kernel. Not doing so invites errors or instability in your system.
export CC=gcc32

Old 12-15-03, 12:43 PM   #69
Eraserman

Just as an FYI, I recently got an FX 5200, when using the 4496 driver,
Return To Castle Wolfenstein under Linux was crashing every 5 minutes or so.

After installing these driver the game stopped crashing.
Eraserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-03, 03:49 PM   #70
hooby

Default et in fedora

ive tried these drivers a few times (in RH9 as well as Mandrake9.2) with full success with enemy territory. i decided to give fedora a try, so i installed the drivers (using the export CC=gcc32 command), and that went smoothly. i tried them out in chromium and the acceleration worked without any problems. after installing ET in fedora, i went to play and heard the music, and saw the mouse, then the typical first-boot change of resolution, then the screen goes black, but the music continues. my guess is that the game is running, but the display cant put it through for some reason.
anybody else try this or fix it?
here on some comp stats:
Athlon XP 1800+
via KT333 mobo
GeForce4 ti 4400
512MB pc2100
i fully updated the installation with up2date. are there any other tests i can run, or workaround, or solutions for this?
thanks!
hooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-03, 04:30 PM   #71
hooby

Default interesting

okay, so i fooled around some more and did some google searching.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...03/11/3/116266
that link got me places, but not far enough. i too ran glxgears and nothing! blank screen. so then i did glxinfo, and sure enough, no direct rendering.
so in the link the guy says that he "renamed" the libGL files in /usr/X11R6/lib/tls , and that doing so solved his problem. however, he was not very specific as to what he renamed these to. any ideas?
thanks!
hooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-03, 04:32 PM   #72
LordMorgul
Electrical Engineer

Do you have the resolution for the menu configured in your X config? Adding a full range of resolutions down to 640x480 might help if you don't have them, sounds like its trying to open one that fails (or the refresh rates on the monitor are bad for that resolution).