Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-07-03, 06:56 PM   #49
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
In fact, the Nvidia news forum is one of the only forums I've seen so far where almost all the posters hate the game.
I beg to differ, even Ion Storm's forums are in rebellion against the game.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-03, 08:39 PM   #50
Edge
3d animator for hire!

That's why I said ONE OF the only forums I've seen that hates the game so much. The Ion Storm forums hate it the worst, then the Nvnews forums, and then most of the other ones have been pretty open about the game (Rage3d and Gamefaqs have a large number of people on them that really like the game, some are even calling it GOTY). Though I've seen some people on pretty much every forum that say they hate it, and some that say they love it. Odd that there's such a huge gap in opinions about this game though, some say it's not worth the discs it was printed on, others say it should win GOTY.

Last edited by Edge; 12-07-03 at 08:50 PM.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-03, 09:42 PM   #51
Ninja Prime

I saw Deus Ex 2 at wal-mart today too. I also saw a shovel, which I could use to play a game called Pick Up Dog Crap And Throw It Away. I decided the shovel looked and sounded more fun, so I got it.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-03, 10:01 PM   #52
NickSpolec

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people say that they love it. Especially on Xbox forums, where almost everyone agrees that it's a very good game (though they do complain about the framerate and AI).
Well, no stuff. Of course they love it on the X-Box forums. It's been dumbed down especially for them.

Sorry, but this game is an utter disappointment. It is inferior to the original in almost every way (except graphics, I guess).

[size=1][list][*]AthlonXP Mobile 2500+ (@2.5ghz, 1.850v)[*]Albatron KX18D PRO (NForce 2 Ultra @227FSB)[*]512MB's OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL (@DDR454, CAS 2.5, 6,3,3)[*]GeForce3 (@230c, 460m)[*]Fortissimo III, Gamesurround 7.1[*]POS Intel 56k Modem (soon to get high speed, though)[*]Maxtor DiamondPlus 9 120GB, ATA133 (8mb)[*]Samsung DVD/CD-RW Combo (52x32x52x16x)[*]Lite-On LTR 16102B (16x8x40x)

[/size][/list]
NickSpolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-03, 10:03 PM   #53
NickSpolec

Quote:
I decided the shovel looked and sounded more fun, so I got it.
Of course. With a shovel, you can smack yourself in the head and experience head-trama induced dreams. While with Deus Ex 2, all you get is murderous rage.

[size=1][list][*]AthlonXP Mobile 2500+ (@2.5ghz, 1.850v)[*]Albatron KX18D PRO (NForce 2 Ultra @227FSB)[*]512MB's OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL (@DDR454, CAS 2.5, 6,3,3)[*]GeForce3 (@230c, 460m)[*]Fortissimo III, Gamesurround 7.1[*]POS Intel 56k Modem (soon to get high speed, though)[*]Maxtor DiamondPlus 9 120GB, ATA133 (8mb)[*]Samsung DVD/CD-RW Combo (52x32x52x16x)[*]Lite-On LTR 16102B (16x8x40x)

[/size][/list]
NickSpolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-03, 02:09 AM   #54
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Amazing how easy it is to bash on a game when you ignore all the good things about it...
Old 12-08-03, 02:21 AM   #55
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Of course. With a shovel, you can smack yourself in the head and experience head-trama induced dreams. While with Deus Ex 2, all you get is murderous rage.
Mmmm... head trama...

Funny you should mention head trama in a Deus Ex 2 thread, as the AI in Deus Ex 2 is worse than most head-trama patients, and/or head trama patients could have wrote better AI.
Old 12-08-03, 04:48 AM   #56
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Re: Re: Did you happen to read the

Quote:
Originally posted by -=DVS=-

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True confessions time - I'm not just a PC gamer. Never have been and doubt I ever will be. I've always owned every gaming platform available, always played both console and PC games. What's more, I've always wanted to work on a console game. There. I said it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
that console games have to be aimed at a younger audience than PC games and THAT forces you to make different design decisions.

and its pretty clear why Deus Ex 2 sucks so much

Why can't kiddies go play donkey kong or whatever and let us have normal Deus Ex im so pissed at devs not gonna get my $$
Wow, you should be a laywer, because you're pretty damn sneaky at warping the truth. Here, you seem to have "misplaced" these other comments, as well as the FULL sentence that your second quote was from:

Quote-
-------------------------------------
I don't think you have to dumb down the experience or make a game more action-oriented or less thoughtful for console gamers (as I've been told repeatedly over the years).

I don't think it's true any longer (if it ever was) that console games have to be aimed at a younger audience than PC games

-------------------------------------

Old 12-08-03, 04:54 AM   #57
Sotos

It is strange to hear so much "bad words" about these game in a forum like these in here...

I have been to RAGE3d.com as i said and there are people that do not complain at all and they reccomended it it as one of the best games available to buy

There are several review sites also (more than 1 or 2 actualy) that say these game is very good (both in Xbox and PC) and it will become better with patches in the Pc version

look
9.1 / 10 "Editor's Choice Award" - OXM
5 Stars - Stuff Magazine
9 / 10 - IGN.com
4 Out of 5 Stars - GameSpy.com
9.5 / 10 - PC Score - Game Informer
9 / 10 - XBOX Score - Game Informer

-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]

Last edited by Sotos; 12-08-03 at 05:23 AM.
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-03, 05:54 AM   #58
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Ninja can I borrow your shovel to play with?

Quote:
9 / 10 - IGN.com
4 Out of 5 Stars - GameSpy.com
Old 12-08-03, 06:31 AM   #59
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk

Sure, unlike Deus Ex 2, the shovel doesn't have layer upon layer of insane copy protection, and you can share it with friends.

BTW, I love Penny Arcade too. That one is particularly good.
Old 12-08-03, 02:58 PM   #60
Sotos

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk

Hmmmm what about the other Review sites that i said in my post????

Are they saying CRAP that no one cares about too ???
Just a question...

As you can see Gamespy and IGN are not the only ones that gave it a good score you know....
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote