Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-03, 06:36 PM   #1
Vash
Angel Arms

Default Halo 1.03 on the 8th!!!

Woohoo!! Finally! It's been way too long coming, but it looks like they put in a lot of work. Check it out:

Quote:

Patch 1.03 is almost out. It's looking like the patch will be released on Monday the 8th. There are a lot of features and fixes in this patch. Here's a breakdown of the ones that you will likely find most important. A complete breakdown of what's in the patch will be in the release notes.

Patch 1.03 features/fixes

Features:

•Anti team killing – Implemented server-configurable team-killing banning solution. Removed respawn penalty from person who gets team killed. Increased respawn time multiplier for team killing.
•Assault mode role indicator – “Offense” or “Defense” will appear on the HUD indicating which role your team is on
•Assault mode timer – A permanent countdown timer is displayed on the HUD showing the time left for that “round”
•Assault mode flag hard reset option – The flag will reset automatically at the end of each “round”, even if it is being carried by someone.
•Networking performance – Enhancement to player prediction
•Persistent teams across mapcycle – Players will remain on the same team when a new map is started
•Map quick restart – restarts any MP game – good for having all players start at the same time.
•New in-game scoreboard – Displays players, kills, deaths, assists and ping
•Increased chat text length – Chat length has been increased from 40 characters to 64 characters
•Improved banned player detection - Banned players no longer appear in game for brief second before getting kicked out

Fixes:

•Plasma grenades can no longer teleport on vehicles
•Players standing on rock no longer experience “warping”
•Teleporters no longer cause occasional camera out of sync
•Cinematic speech bug with Audigy cards fixed
•Game not starting with unsupported refresh rates fixed
•“Telefraged” message is now displayed when a player is telefraged
•Flashlight toggle bug in MP games fixed
•Interrupting reload animation bug fixed

Dedicated Server:

•Increased server name length – Server names can now be up to 63 characters in length
•Expanded character set for server names – Server names can now contain extended punctuation and characters
•RCON can now pass quotation marks to server – useful for turning on and off passwords
•Fixed “-ip” for assigning which network card is used by the game
•Fixed ability to restart a single instance of the server without restarting all instances

marc

Producer
HaloPC
Man, GB took a lot of heat... and it looks like they've responded in the best way possible. Improved features for MP, fixes for the netcode, other bugfixes. This is an awesome patch. And there's more to come (crosses fingers for co-op). Now if ATi will fix the nightscope + PS2.0 bug, I'd be one of the happiest guys on the server.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

Last edited by Vash; 12-04-03 at 06:41 PM.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 06:59 PM   #2
The Baron

NVIDIA still needs to fix the PS2.0 camo bug. And it still has no custom demo recording/custom benchmarking, so it still sucks in that regard.
Old 12-04-03, 07:02 PM   #3
digitalwanderer

Someone wake me up if this patch makes Halo not suck on PC....I didn't see any mention of performance improvements.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 07:25 PM   #4
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Someone wake me up if this patch makes Halo not suck on PC...
Probably should just change your name to Rip Van Winkle then. Even with this patch, I'm still fairly confident in Halo PC's continued suckitude.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 07:48 PM   #5
digitalwanderer

On the brightside I just got done playing the Breed demo and it seems like it's a Halo wanna-be, but it looks & performs great for me.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 08:46 PM   #6
Vash
Angel Arms

Methinks I'm alone on this one....

Ahh well. It may not flat out rock, but I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. And hopefully the improvements to the netcode will make the game more playable in a broadband environment. The patch is going to increase my enjoyment of the game - so I'm happy.
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-03, 11:35 PM   #7
Nephilim
Slacker extraordinaire

I'm with you Vash.

I still enjoy playing online. I get very playable performance from my Geforce 4 Ti4200. Sure, I have to leave the rez at 800x600 and turn off the specular, but hey, it still looks good and is damn fun to play.

Athlon XP 2100+ | 512MB PC3200 RAM | Asus A7N8X Deluxe | GeforceFX 5900 VIVO 128MB @ 475/950 | 2 Western Digital SATA 120GB HDD in RAID 0 | 1 IBM 60GXP 60GB HDD IDE | 36x 12x 48x CD-RW | Logitech Z-680 THX 5.1 Speakers | 19in. Samsung 955DF Monitor | Windows XP Pro
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote