Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-09-03, 12:14 PM   #13
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spivey
Cool, thanks digitalwanderer . I havent played that game in a looong time so maybe this mod will revive it for me. I'm downloading it now.
No prob, but just for clarifications sake this is NOT a mod for RTCW....this is a stand-alone multi-player game from the makers of RTCW that is free and available to anyone.

It's why it's such a popular multi-player game, zero cost of entry.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-03, 05:44 PM   #14
Spivey

Pretty fun so far but hard also, no idea what's going on, realy fast paced game.
Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-03, 02:19 PM   #15
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

the game is great

There is only too few offical maps, just 6... even though they are big... but that's the only minus in my book... I guess cause the expansion was dropped and multiplayer part of the game was released free they couldn't spend more time to get all 15 maps, that were originally announced, ready and out of the door.

still it would be great for some friendly match
druga runda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-03, 04:48 PM   #16
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Enemy Territory would be awesome. Could get way more people to play it than BF1942.
Old 12-15-03, 09:53 PM   #17
Spivey

String won't die! If I can get a host and nV News team I'll find some way to post/submit a challenge to Rage3D. I'll need some practice at RTCW:ET since it's such a fast game, realy fast for me. Does the game have "Punk Buster" type protection available?

So we need a T1 or T3 host? Anyone capable and willing? Let me know please even if this string becomes old people will always be interested and I'm sure several who haven't commented will be interested. I'll talk with the admins here hopefully when we have a host commited and see if nV News will pick up the "flag" from there - game rules/admins (in co-op with the Host), date, time, offical challenge, and other details.

So it isnt an original idea.. but it hasnt been done and even if it doent come through it is always worth trying.

PM me! ... hahaha! (i like that one)
Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-03, 10:28 PM   #18
CaptNKILL
CUBE

bah, RTCW sux

I tried playing ET and its just so rediculous (ie, quake on crack with WW2 weapons) I couldnt stand it.

I think Desert Combat is a much better game (mod), but thats just me.....
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-03, 04:42 AM   #19
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Quote:
Originally posted by Spivey
String won't die! If I can get a host and nV News team I'll find some way to post/submit a challenge to Rage3D. I'll need some practice at RTCW:ET since it's such a fast game, realy fast for me. Does the game have "Punk Buster" type protection available?

So we need a T1 or T3 host? Anyone capable and willing? Let me know please even if this string becomes old people will always be interested and I'm sure several who haven't commented will be interested. I'll talk with the admins here hopefully when we have a host commited and see if nV News will pick up the "flag" from there - game rules/admins (in co-op with the Host), date, time, offical challenge, and other details.

So it isnt an original idea.. but it hasnt been done and even if it doent come through it is always worth trying.

PM me! ... hahaha! (i like that one)
It has punkbuster... and come one Spivey we count on you
CaptKill
ET Quake on crack now that is a compliment... even though you must have got stuck in one of those unbalanced games
Old 12-16-03, 11:18 AM   #20
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Like Gold Rush when allied point a mortar directly on the axis spawn point

Or railgun where the axis get boxed into the little shack them spawn in, worst of all people actually sit there thinking they rock at the game because they can spawn kill

Old 12-16-03, 11:27 AM   #21
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Like Gold Rush when allied point a mortar directly on the axis spawn point

Or railgun where the axis get boxed into the little shack them spawn in, worst of all people actually sit there thinking they rock at the game because they can spawn kill
The worst one is actually railgun as it does happen fairly often that allies if they are any good and capture the second spawn point, just kill the game.

However Gold rush is not that bad, as long as there are not too many people.

I'd say that max that is proper fun is 32... more than that unbalances the game. I'd say the best is ~24.

With less people it is much harder to have an organised mortar/airstrike unbalancing act.
Old 12-16-03, 11:47 AM   #22
vampireuk
**** Holster

I'm usually on a 64 player server, and what makes it worse on goldrush are all the retarded n00bs who stand around in the spawn. So we get stuck behind them and die because they are too stupid to move. At the moment the thing that annoys me most is the beach level, idiots going out of the back door and running off, then they die and some covop steals their uniform and opens the back door to let allied troops in. Or when I'm at the back door, usually as a medic and the idiots stand in the way in the corridoor. I here a rifle nade been fired and i sprint around the corner so it doesn't hit me, then some retard is stood there taking up all the room so I cannot get past.

Then the god damn morons who file when you kill them to revive them >_<
Old 12-17-03, 12:47 PM   #23
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Talking

yes all the fun,

64 player -I only know of Nexus... is there any others outthere for us in UK?

But yes with 64 players there is too many people with mortars, airstrikes are at max or close to it most of the time, as well as support fire... Everything blasting everywhere, on Gold rush as an ally, you get the tank int the courtyard straight, but than there are like 15 germans in the bank half of them soldiers with mg42's and well - that's about it, or if you are axis - mortars and airstrikes will get you anywhere except if you don't camp in the bank

But that's only with 50+ players... around 32, the play is how it should have been. Both teams can win and it takes skill for both attack or defense.

The only map that can somewhat handle 64 players is the Fuel Dump. Over there the choke points are not too choked with so many people.

Anyway for a friendly match this game would be great. With 64 people if there was actually organisation in allied ranks (or axis on railgun) the game could be fun too.
Old 12-18-03, 04:00 AM   #24
vampireuk
**** Holster

Yeah its the Nexus server

Sometimes the team gets really organised for the most part and wins the round easily, usually it requires me shouting at people. Yesterday on Fuel dump I ran in as a covop and hid in the office on the second floor, ran up and blew the depot gate as a engineer was running through the building, he got in and blew the fuel dump

As for the bank I usually find that fairly easy, the people with the mgs in the bank have no idea how to use them, sometimes two of them are in the same corner so I just fire a rifle grenade in and kill them both and normally take out another two guards. Of course I'm always on my own at that point and usually die just as I grab the gold. Then when there is one in each corner, a rifle nade at one and sprint to the far side so they can't point the mg in that direction. One time I did the age old smoke grenade as a covop then charge out with the gold, I'm suprised that worked

My favourite map to screw around with the other team is the radar map, I get a enemy uniform and run around the back of their spawn point when nobody is there to spot mines. If a mg is up on the hill I run up and blow him up.