Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-12-03, 07:17 PM   #1
Voudoun

Default Deus Ex: Invisible War patch

It's here

Changes:

- Defaulted Bloom to off when starting a new game.
- Adjusted mouse movement to eliminate feeling of "lagginess".
- Adjusted the HUD so that it is pushed toward the edges of the screen.
- Added option for turning all shadows off. This can massively improve
performance, especially at higher resolutions.
- Shrunk all text sizes.
- Reworked mouse-based UI control within the inventory and biomod screens:
. Right-clicking will now swap items in the inventory and toolbelt screen.
. Added buttons for installing weapon mods and biomods.
. The biomod/inventory/datavault hotkeys are now toggles (the same buttons
will now both open and close these subscreens).
- Added quicksave/quickload keys. (F10/F12)
- Non-hostile AI's will now go hostile much sooner if shot.
- Eliminated monitor resyncing during level transition and savegame loads.
- Increased the headshot damage multiplier for the pistol.
- Increased the damage of the stun prod.

Maybe now people's gaming experience won't be ruined because of the font size

Voudoun
Voudoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 07:18 PM   #2
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up

THANK YOU!!!!!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 07:37 PM   #3
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Wow, quite an impressive change-list. In fact that's over half of the things that people's main complaints were. Though I'm sure people will still complain

Amazing that it only took them a little over a week to fix these issues, too. I wonder how the game will be in a month...
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 07:52 PM   #4
The Baron

Maybe they'll have the Old HUD. Heh.
Old 12-12-03, 08:16 PM   #5
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Wow, quite an impressive change-list. In fact that's over half of the things that people's main complaints were. Though I'm sure people will still complain

Amazing that it only took them a little over a week to fix these issues, too. I wonder how the game will be in a month...
It looks like they basically did all the tweaks recomended over at IonStorms forums and added headshot damage and cranked up the stun prod.

Oh, and I'm REALLY intrigued by the "disable shadows" option....that should make a huge performance difference!

I won't be able to play it for a little while, I'm rebuilding Bubbles HD.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 09:26 PM   #6
Ninja Prime

Quote:

Amazing my arse. The community had 90% of these fixes within 2 days of the demo, not to mention that it's been about 3 weeks, not a week. So they added the community fixes to the game and one or two other things... great.

The main gripes and concerns are still there. There is no way to fix them without making a new game.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 10:17 PM   #7
NAZCA M12
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge

Well, "people" will keep complaining as long as devs will keep hyping/lying about their products or doing a bad console port. "Impressive list" = a hell of a buggy/rushed game. Yes, its incredible that they had it ready in a weeks time after release. It's also incredible that they released the game at the state it was.
That patch alone shows that half the things the company changed and "standed behind", at the end they just had to eat up their own words and try to fix the game. Oh well, now for the editor
P4 3,2@3,85GHz - Asus P4C800-E - 2Gb DDR-500 OCZ - 2x WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Creative Audigy 2 - ATI AIW 9800Pro - Antec 550W - LG GSA 4163b - NEC ND-3540A - Viewsonic VG700 - Antec Plus 660 AMG - Creative Inspire T7700 - Win98SE/XP
NAZCA M12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 10:53 PM   #8
PenguinJim

Too little, too late for me. I'm going to sit Deus Ex 2 out. It's not even worth the bandwidth to download, as far as I'm concerned (going from the demo. This may seem a little harsh, but hey! it was their demonstration of their full game, and it made me want to avoid it so much it wasn't worth clicking on a torrent file to get, even if I wanted to get a pirate copy of a game).

This is slightly unrelated, but I've never said it online before: PC Zone UK (hard copy magazine) sucks. Big time. A lot. Whenever I don't get the distinct impression that they're sitting on the fence, I get the impression they're being paid/offered exclusives for 'slight alterations' of their opinions. I know it all boils down to someone's opinion with anything, but I've been buying PC Zone for, like, ever, and they now suck. And have done for over a year. The only reason I'm still reading it is because I'm paying 33p an issue (50 cents).

Oh, they sat on the fence for Deus Ex: IW. They said the AI was mostly good, they mentioned most of the problems in the 'Second Opinion', and then they gave it 86%, saying it was "disappointing" and that this game was more "intelligent, demanding and rewarding" than most other games currently available. I'll give them demanding: it took all of my patience to get through the demo. Oh, I have to quote this bit!!! "Invisible War is a first-person shooter - admittedly a very, very good one".

86% is enough for a "PCZone Essential" award. Ummmmmmmmm. IMO, Deus Ex 2 is good enough for a "PenguinJim won't even bother ******* downloading that **** because his bandwidth is better off not being used". In other news, PenguinJim is the proud owner of Knights of the Old Republic. Hell, I played through it weeks ago with the US release, but I bought a UK copy because hey! It's a good game. When a game's not worth essentially free bandwidth, then you have to wonder....

Oh, jakup, before you think about playing the full game, I feel it necessary to warn you: there's a gay guy in it (two, in fact). Beware!!! (Yikes, you're not even safe from us in computer games now!!!)
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-03, 02:33 AM   #9
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I find it funny how they changed so many large gameplay elements so soon which they had stood behind for years that the great Warren Spector had designed. Makes you wonder if they even playtested the thing.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 05:02 AM   #10
Nephilim
Slacker extraordinaire

Default Re: Deus Ex: Invisible War patch

Quote:
Originally posted by Voudoun

Maybe now people's gaming experience won't be ruined because of the font size
ROTF

Athlon XP 2100+ | 512MB PC3200 RAM | Asus A7N8X Deluxe | GeforceFX 5900 VIVO 128MB @ 475/950 | 2 Western Digital SATA 120GB HDD in RAID 0 | 1 IBM 60GXP 60GB HDD IDE | 36x 12x 48x CD-RW | Logitech Z-680 THX 5.1 Speakers | 19in. Samsung 955DF Monitor | Windows XP Pro
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-03, 08:20 AM   #11
deejaya
Monster 3d

I actually didn't mind the font size, but yeah the original one was much better. The disappointing thing about this patch is it could have so easily made the final if someone had playtested the thing. Too bad most people who bought it have played through and completed it in "Xbox mode" which leaves a bad taste in their mouths, patch or no patch.

BTW I actually thought the game was worth 80% ish. At the end of the day it all comes down to opinion, and mine was that it was worth playing til I completed it. And I will even go back and get the other 3 endings too. It did suck in certain places, but what games don't? Also, the damage was seriously messed up but I have a feeling this was mostly due to peoples arms/hands being in the way of headshots. When you get a clean headshot it's rare the enemy doesn't drop.

It had more than it's fair share of problems, but it wasn't as bad as most people made out. It ran excellently on my rig so I can't complain there, no doubt people have had bad problems though. I'm glad everyone bitched cos it will probably mean Deus Ex 3 will be very, very much improved, which is a great thing.

Folding for team nV News
deejaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-03, 04:48 AM   #12
Sotos

Well i like that they fix some of the AI issue and maked a little better <Hitpoint balance> but still some ugly problems exists

What kind of sollution is to disable all the Shadow effects???

I want to play these game with all eye candy and a nice resolution by giving us a better shadow option menu to disable more feautures is not the best sollution...

Anyway some of the fixes are Nice indeed and some of them not something special

I was hoping for a MAJOR speed increase with these patch and not new graphic menus

I was hoping for something like Bioware did for the Neverwinter nights with their latest patches

Anyway i have not the game myself yet but i have seen it in my friends PC... i will install these patch when i get these game
but
I hope a 1.02 patch to be released soon...1.01 is not enough
-[color=blue]POWERCOLOR 9800pro 128\cat 4.1\Dx9.0b [/color] [color=red](Waiting for R420 or Nv40)[/color]
-Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS [color=blue](using latest Creative Eax 4.0 driver)[/color]
-PSU Zalman 400W Quiet sollution
-Windows XP home SP1 + Sp2 packages
-[color=red] - Jeniffer Lopez - Ennrique Inglesia - Ricky Martin - Britney Spears are SKUNKS!!! [/color]
Sotos is offline   Reply With Quote