Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-08-02, 10:57 PM   #1
St Lobus

Send a message via ICQ to St Lobus
Default NOLF 2 Co-op Rules!

After just messing around with NOLF 2 co-op for about an hour and a half with my girlfriend, I have to say it rules. It gives you a side story to follow after the main missions with Cate, which is pretty cool. Plus, the co-op feature is one that has been missing in games for a long time now. But it's back. And it's awesome!

Now, I know there's the teams in UT and UT2k3, which both games are awesome in their own right, but they don't have co-op like this.

All I need to do is train my girlfriend so she's not such a newbie. She's funny.

Definitely check this one out at a lan party. Great fun!
Old 10-09-02, 01:52 AM   #2
fishlung
"Steempy, you nVeediot!"

Sweet! I agree, they should implement co-op modes into games more often. It's so much more fun, if you ask me. And my girlfriend, who doesn't touch video games, just said she'd actually like to play co-op mode with me when I get NOLF2. Woohoo!
fishlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-02, 06:46 PM   #3
DXnfiniteFX

Yes, I have always had more fun working with people than shooting them, for some reason. Call me weird, but that's the way I am. Serious Sam did this really well. I WILL buy NOLF2, but when is another matter. I loved the first game. However, I may have to choose between that and Generals, so. . . you NOLF2 players attempt to persuade me
845-D
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
Sound Blaster Live!
80 GB 7200 RPM
DXnfiniteFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-02, 09:00 PM   #4
St Lobus

Default Hmm...persuasion....

NOLF 2 is an awesome game. You play throught the single player missions and get a great story...but then you play through the co-op missions and get a side story that fills all the gaps. The best way to describe it would have to be using MiB. Agents Kay and Jay go in, see an alien, make a mess. That's the story you get in the single player. But then the cleaning crew comes and takes care of everything else. That's the co-op story.

Now that I'm done with horrible analogies, I will say that choosing between this and Generals may be tough. Generals looks awesome, too.

By the way, if anyone can come up with a better analogy, please, feel free to let me know. I know mine is horrible.
Old 10-10-02, 02:08 AM   #5
fishlung
"Steempy, you nVeediot!"

I loved the original, and this sequel is even better. It looks and sounds spectacular. Lithtech has never been this good (and I've never liked it until now...hehe). And, of course, the humor is great, which is mostly why I loved the first one, and now NOLF2. If you enjoyed the first NOLF, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
fishlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-02, 11:41 AM   #6
SavagePaladin
info*****

Tis indeed a great game, if only my PC hadn't been down for a few days...I'd be much farther in it...grumble....
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-02, 11:25 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Some things never change about Lithtech

It was sure nice of Maximum PC to put the NOLF 2 demo onto their Maximum CD for November. Because now I know I'm not going to run out and buy this game. There are several bits I've noticed in this demo that are leftovers from the Shogo days.

1) The annoying little sound effects when you first spawn in a level. Exact same sounds used in Shogo: MAD.

2) Copious (sp?) amounts of AI that are unbelievably accurate even in normal mode. Combine that with the fact that health and ammo packs are virtually non-existent, which leaves you to deal with a horde of ninja *****s with nothing but 2 shuriken and a katana, and you've got yourself a game that reminds me far too much of game that were released 4 years ago.

I'm going to give the demo another chance, but if I don't find some more ammo in that darn trailer park, this game will be removed from my machine and put into my hall of shame.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 06:54 AM   #8
St Lobus

I remember the demo being a pain, but the full version isn't nearly so bad. In the trailer park, check near...I think it's the club house with the car parked next to it. There should be a case of ammo near the car and another back in behind the building.

I do believe the AI had been tweaked between demo and release.

Old 10-12-02, 06:31 PM   #9
Cypher2k

Default Re: Some things never change about Lithtech

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Combine that with the fact that health and ammo packs are virtually non-existent, which leaves you to deal with a horde of ninja *****s with nothing but 2 shuriken and a katana, and you've got yourself a game that reminds me far too much of game that were released 4 years ago.
Ammo isn't just laying around in the game. You have to search dead bodies. If you search all the bodies you'll never run out of ammo.
Cypher2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 06:31 PM   #10
Cypher2k

Quote:
Combine that with the fact that health and ammo packs are virtually non-existent, which leaves you to deal with a horde of ninja *****s with nothing but 2 shuriken and a katana, and you've got yourself a game that reminds me far too much of game that were released 4 years ago.
Ammo isn't just laying around in the game. You have to search dead bodies. If you search all the bodies you'll never run out of ammo.
Cypher2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-02, 06:33 PM   #11
SavagePaladin
info*****

Quote:
It was sure nice of Maximum PC to put the NOLF 2 demo onto their Maximum CD for November. Because now I know I'm not going to run out and buy this game. There are several bits I've noticed in this demo that are leftovers from the Shogo days.

1) The annoying little sound effects when you first spawn in a level. Exact same sounds used in Shogo: MAD.

2) Copious (sp?) amounts of AI that are unbelievably accurate even in normal mode. Combine that with the fact that health and ammo packs are virtually non-existent, which leaves you to deal with a horde of ninja *****s with nothing but 2 shuriken and a katana, and you've got yourself a game that reminds me far too much of game that were released 4 years ago.

I'm going to give the demo another chance, but if I don't find some more ammo in that darn trailer park, this game will be removed from my machine and put into my hall of shame.
There was plenty of ammo in there, once you found the shotgun (in the blue car that gets impaled)
The AI was easy enough once you get the hang of the game, iirc, but I no longer have the teaser demo.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-02, 08:31 PM   #12
skipparoo

Any of you having problems with NOLF2 crashing? It seems whatever driver I use, I can't play for long before the game crashes to a blank screen, forcing a reset. It's rather annoying. I don't know if it's driver related, or if the game needs to be patched. I've tried all drivers from 30.82 and above, and they all cause this to happen, 40.xx being the worst. I don't know what else to do..

By the way, this has been happening ever since the teaser demo. The full demo also, and now the retail version.

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote