Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-02, 01:39 AM   #1
Berg

Thumbs down Some Of Your Staff

I was going to let this go but after another double post on your front page, I'm reposting this comment here in case that Mike might actually read it:

No Offense Mike, but you should choose some of your staff more carefully. I can put up with the misspellings on their "quotes" under articles, but I remember seeing a comment from one your kids regarding the 1st hack. The 1st time the page went down it was just a Matrix snapshot. But I do remember when it was back up the next day, one of your staff made a stupid comment about the hacker using a newly discovered exploit and that he wasnt impressed. (You know who you are) Few days later, your whole site was wiped out. Im sure it was this kind of CS response from your staff on the page that made him attack again. By now, you have security in place to prevent it from happening again Im sure, but I would still keep close eye on the comments your buddies make. Been coming to "nvnews" since the GeForce 3 was released. This is a prime check point for anything Nvidia for me, but I have noticed more pointless gab quotes on your front page increasing over the past year. These corny comments, mis-spellings, and double posts are making a high quality site like this look like a kids clan homepage. Im sure I will get flamed for this, but please dont let kids run this excellent site.
Old 07-31-02, 02:01 AM   #2
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Why is it important to your agenda to bring people down?
This is the 2nd time you had to post this...of course you are going to get flammed for it! And why shouldn't someone get mad at a cracker?

Mike is one cool dude (in more than 1 way), and he knows how to pick his reporters. Things may go off here and there, but overall this is one of the more professional sites that has a "personality".

That's just the way things are...
Old 07-31-02, 02:45 AM   #3
volt

Thumbs down

How about emailing Mike huh ?
If you don't "like" the reporters or the way they write their news maybe you should email them as well or teach them how to write it. That would be a good idea wouldn't it ?
Old 07-31-02, 04:45 AM   #4
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

I would make fun of the script kiddies trying to be "leet cracker/hackers". They can't spell admin right and they are stupid. Anyone can take advantage of a known vulnerability but it takes a idiot loser to exploit it.
Old 07-31-02, 05:30 AM   #5
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
I would make fun of the script kiddies trying to be "leet cracker/hackers". They can't spell admin right and they are stupid. Anyone can take advantage of a known vulnerability but it takes a idiot loser to exploit it.
maybe they purposefully misspelled it, just to ellicit that kind of response, you never know right? maybe they pulling a jeff k on you

Old 07-31-02, 08:40 AM   #6
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by d1rX
How about emailing Mike huh ?
If you don't "like" the reporters or the way they write their news maybe you should email them as well or teach them how to write it. That would be a good idea wouldn't it ?
exactly, everyone here is entitled to their own opinion but you have no grounds to attempt to flame the nV staff publicly. If you have a problem with someone under MikeC, contact him, in private, then if nothing is done you have the option to voice your concerns to the community.

CLOSED
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Closed Thread