Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-25-03, 06:45 AM   #13
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
well i think music can distract you from the game.. since the game purpose in doom3 is to scare you .if you observe that the most scariest movies ever made ..like Exorcist ..Evil dead.. and others there is no music at all in those films,but a cold silence.. ambient sounds is a diferent story.. here is where i think they will play an important role in the game.doors slowing opening.wind ,roars of demons ..etc.. Sounds effects are the most important for me.. the sound of weapons and other enviroment effects.. there is nothing that upset me more in a game that poor sound effects in my favorite Gun.. games like CAll of duty really shines here.. the sounds effects are simply amazing.. make you believe that you are really there ,where the game action in happening.
Have you ever heard any of Reznor's music?

I am definately not expecting much from D3's music (and even sounds to some extent) now.. oh well, the game should still be good, i was just really looking forward to this aspect of it, as Q1's music was awesome.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-03, 08:41 AM   #14
Ady

Chris Vrenna is also working on American McGee's Oz.
Old 12-25-03, 04:30 PM   #15
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by Viral
Have you ever heard any of Reznor's music?

I am definately not expecting much from D3's music (and even sounds to some extent) now.. oh well, the game should still be good, i was just really looking forward to this aspect of it, as Q1's music was awesome.

well not exactly

but its not the end of the world ...i think, if REznor music is not there.but Music its not what im looking when playing DOom3.. graphics and gameplay is. you can still listen REznor or Britney spears or any CD of music in the cdrom while playing the game at the same time too.

i really like the music of games like RAInbowsix games,medalofhonor and call of duty.. but those are more for heroes style games. wonder what kind of music fits well in a game like doom3. the problem with music is that not everyone have the same taste,so it can ruin a game if it is not properly used ,means distract you from feeling fear (in the case of doom3) to irritating people. it will be interesting to see what IDsoftware will do in the game ,but it was already told by id that the game mostly will be ambient sounds ,with very few music. im really sure that the american magee alice music author will have a big surprise for us..

Last edited by Nv40; 12-25-03 at 05:07 PM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 11:00 PM   #16
emotionstation
I said is this true?!

Send a message via ICQ to emotionstation Send a message via AIM to emotionstation

So Tool has nothing to do with Doom 3? Where did that rumor come from anyway? I mean, I know IGN reported it, but if it isn't true why would somebody make it up?

I'd rather have Tool do something in the game than NIN, but that's just because I'm a much bigger Tool fan than a NIN fan.
emotionstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 11:55 PM   #17
The Baron

Tool. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That would mean Instant Turning Off of Music And Probably Sound.
Old 12-27-03, 02:57 AM   #18
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

ok Baron you definitely are crazy... ... you dislike Tool?

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 04:52 AM   #19
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
ok Baron you definitely are crazy... ... you dislike Tool?
Yeah Tool are great!

I probably like them more than NIN also.. but for D3 i would still rather reznor make the music, i'm sure it would just suit it better.

but eh.. oh well, it still should be a great game. I just hope if they can't get anyone decent to make the music, that they just put that aspect aside and not make a half assed attempt at it themselves

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 09:13 AM   #20
The Baron

I hate Tool with a passion. NIN wannabes; they discovered sonata allegro form and went "OH CRAP, WE HAVE TO MAKE ALL OF OUR SONGS LIKE THIS!"

Old 12-27-03, 09:36 AM   #21
poursoul
i eat people

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
I hate Tool with a passion. NIN wannabes; they discovered sonata allegro form and went "OH CRAP, WE HAVE TO MAKE ALL OF OUR SONGS LIKE THIS!"
BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I think tool is o.k. at best. DEFINATELY NOT qulaified for game music though.

Please don't get me started on perfect circle. NOTHING CHANGED, cept his "costume" at concerts. long blonde wig & spandex pants.... woo hoo
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 09:38 AM   #22
The Baron

Yes, Tool = Perfect Circle. All albums of each.

NIN on Fragile != NIN on Downward Spiral != NIN on Broken != NIN on Pretty Hate Machine. Now that's impressive.

Tool tries to be really deep and scary and angsty. NIN is just pop music, but really unbelievably good pop music.
Old 12-27-03, 11:11 AM   #23
emotionstation
I said is this true?!

Send a message via ICQ to emotionstation Send a message via AIM to emotionstation

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Their EP sounds nothing like Undertow, which sounds nothing like Aenima, which sounds nothing like Lateralus.

There are huge differences in sound between each of their albums, and the EP.

And as far as NIN is concerned, a lot of their music DOES sound very repetitive and overused.

Listen to some of the stuff on PHM and then listen to Broken, I hear a lot of similiarities.

And Tool's lyrics just utterly destroy NIN's, not that anyone really pays attention to Trent's lyrics on the average anyways.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"

emotionstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 11:38 AM   #24
The Baron

No, see, every Tool song follows sonata allegro form. Every one. THAT SUCKS.

And every Tool album since... meh, I can't remember, I hate Tool anyway, but anyway, the every Tool album since 94 just wants to be The Downward Spiral.