Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-02, 04:31 PM   #13
lord kelvinn

And i'm having problems with the text on the game, looks blured, and is dificult to read, even on the menus.
Old 09-28-02, 10:31 PM   #14
MajBlunder

Quote:
Originally posted by lord kelvinn
And i'm having problems with the text on the game, looks blured, and is dificult to read, even on the menus.
I get the samething when I enable AA of any type.
MajBlunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-02, 12:11 AM   #15
Phyre

No problem, ramshambo, enjoy.

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-02, 06:36 AM   #16
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

urgh I had a game today with the biggest lamers on the planet, around the allied airbase they would just run around and shoot each other on the same team. I took off in a plane and some moron from my team started shooting at me. I switch to the axis side and get attacked by the morons doing the same thing
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-02, 08:25 AM   #17
MajBlunder

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
urgh I had a game today with the biggest lamers on the planet, around the allied airbase they would just run around and shoot each other on the same team. I took off in a plane and some moron from my team started shooting at me. I switch to the axis side and get attacked by the morons doing the same thing
I feel your pain, Those morons are everywhere, I just find somewhere else to play.
For instance, was playing yesterday, map was MIDWAY, theres a teammate standing on the flightdeck of the Allied carrier, I spawn right next to a plane and hop in, this jerk says its his plane and forces the plane to crash, i bail just before the plane expodes and another plane spawns, hes shooting at me, I still make to the plane first, hop in and he does the same thing causing the plane to crash, now no planes are spawning and hes yelling at me that those planes are his and I should spawn somewhere else,I just reply "Go tell your MOMMY" I wait there till a plane spawns and watch him get in, Now this guy in the meantime is telling everyone how good a pilot he is, only to crash the plane into the tower on the carrier, ROTFL.
So this "ACE" has cost the allied team 3 planes and also the carrier when he decided to become the captain and sailed the carrier right next to the Jap battleship,which was fully manned by the way. Then he says that the allied team are all N00bs and leaves.
Guess where I found this guy? give up? On a EA server, seems thats where most hang out since there is no admin around at all.

I try to a find a public server that has admins playin, they have no problem booting these types at all.
Old 09-29-02, 01:47 PM   #18
vampireuk
**** Holster

rofl, that guy must have had a IQ of 4, piloting the ship next to a battleship

When I get my new connection and upgrade this a bit ill set up a server that way we can drag everyone from nv in and not have to put up with lamers

Is it a good idea to get a joystick thingy for the flying? I can fly reasonable well with the keyboard but then shooting is damn difficult since I have to stop flying for a few seconds
Old 09-29-02, 08:21 PM   #19
MajBlunder

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Is it a good idea to get a joystick thingy for the flying? I can fly reasonable well with the keyboard but then shooting is damn difficult since I have to stop flying for a few seconds
Yea man, using a joystick is the way to go, aleast for me anyway.
I use a MS FF2 joystick, while the game doesnt have FF effects it still works just the same. I found it very uncomfortable to fly with the mouse/kybd combo, especially when trying to use rudder and firing at the same time. Also bailing out and hitting the silk was awkward. With the stick I have the trigger assigned to fire the guns, button 2 (big button under my thumb) for bombs, then 3 and 4 assigned to the enter/exit and parachute respectfully.
The throttle is assigned to the slider, which really takes some getting used to, because normally off would be all the way down and full would be all the way forward, but in this game its split, meaning off is halfway between, so if ya are flying the bomber or a 2 seater and waiting for you crew, ya gotta remember to place the throttle slider halfway or youll either fly by yourself, or worse backup into something and explode. ( been there done it )
Others though have assigned the throttle to buttons. ie abutton for forward and 1 for reverse.
And lastly I have 2 buttons assigned for views, 3rdperson and nose cam.

But to each is own I guess, I just prefer flyin with a joystick, I use one with all my flightsims so to me it the only choice.
Old 09-30-02, 04:58 AM   #20
vampireuk
**** Holster

Yeah when playing the demo and trying to fly its really difficult to fight another plane and fly at the same time. Also flying the plane is too awkward at times, takes ages to line up a bombing run on the carrier. Joystick it is

Old 09-30-02, 08:16 AM   #21
MajBlunder

Another thing i can do with a joystick while flyin is cap outposts, You can hold a nice circling pattern around the flag using rudder and banking, really drives the enemy nuts cause it hard to hit ya if they try and follow you around on the ground
Old 09-30-02, 11:37 AM   #22
styles-T
-========-

So you guys play with a mouse - keyboard - and joystick?

I find the vehicles really hard to control.

I might just try a joystick.
styles-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-02, 03:01 PM   #23
vampireuk
**** Holster

The tanks, half-tracks and such are really easy to control with the keyboard and mouse. The planes take alot of controlling though and it would benefit from a joystick