Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-22-02, 06:57 PM   #1
PCarr78

Default Thread deletion.

WHy is an entire thread deleted when there is only one offending post in it? Especially when a discussion sprung up because of that post?

*sigh*

I'm really starting to get sick of it.

Last edited by PCarr78; 09-22-02 at 07:03 PM.
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-02, 07:50 PM   #2
ExitWound

Send a message via AIM to ExitWound

There were a few words here and there that shouldn't have been used too *ahem*. No bypassing the swear filter bub.
I'm the Heavy Metal Thunderstriking Jesus. "
ExitWound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-02, 08:56 PM   #3
volt

Don't worry it's not deleted. It's been moved to a safer place and is being edited :>
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-02, 10:05 PM   #4
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Wow. Random thread deletion and editing, and I have nothing to do with it.

Frankly, and I know this isn't the consensus feeling, but I have to stand behind editing like this. I took a look at some of the contents, and it's just sickening. And as for bypassing the swear filter, it's there for a reason.

Yeah Corp, I'm about sick of this but for some different reasons. Ever since the restart, it's felt like everyone thinks they're entitled to do or say whatever they want. Us oldbies are being outpaced by the new leaner, meaner, dumber models...
AshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-02, 11:00 PM   #5
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

ROTFLMAO!!! It's funny because it's true. There seems to be threads going bad because some lamers want to do what they want. When they get in trouble they seem to blame everyone around them, "Oh, you see I was being bashed by all the boards members. I was just defending myself" type attitude.

Quote:
Originally posted by AshG
Wow. Random thread deletion and editing, and I have nothing to do with it.

Frankly, and I know this isn't the consensus feeling, but I have to stand behind editing like this. I took a look at some of the contents, and it's just sickening. And as for bypassing the swear filter, it's there for a reason.

Yeah Corp, I'm about sick of this but for some different reasons. Ever since the restart, it's felt like everyone thinks they're entitled to do or say whatever they want. Us oldbies are being outpaced by the new leaner, meaner, dumber models...
Old 09-23-02, 10:45 AM   #6
StealthHawk

people need to grow up and learn how to ignore certain posts and not respond to them. so many of the pissing matches could be prevented that way, especially the whole "mine's bigger than yours" debacle we see constantly with Operating Systems, video cards, etc.
Old 09-23-02, 06:42 PM   #7
Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Don't worry it's not deleted. It's been moved to a safer place and is being edited :>
Wow , I just watched signs ! My mind is filled with ETs, and this makes me remeber of those abductees cases, where some people when are not taken to be studied, are improved !

The threads are being abducted !
Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 06:55 PM   #8
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by Mod

Wow , I just watched signs ! My mind is filled with ETs, and this makes me remeber of those abductees cases, where some people when are not taken to be studied, are improved !

The threads are being abducted !
Yea! for further studies (if necessary hehe)
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-02, 07:04 PM   #9
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

lol i thought signs kinda sucked. me and my friend just laughed the whole movie. you know the first time that green alien popped up on that mexican party video. we just stood up and started laughing. that thing was a skinny piece of **** lol.

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 08:25 PM   #10
Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by thcdru2k
mexican party video. we just stood up
It was a brazilian party, in Passo Fundo . I researched this city in google, and I discovered this is a city at the south of Brazil, almost at Uruguay. Besides, those kids weren't even talking in spanish ...

Last edited by Mod; 09-23-02 at 08:32 PM.
Mod is offline   Reply With Quote