Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-26-03, 12:21 PM   #13
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsabidji
I just noticed the thread title... 'Price of Persia' .
Ok, don't mind me...

mrsabidji
meh

(whips out the dagger of time and turns it back)
Old 12-26-03, 01:18 PM   #14
Malfunction

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsabidji
Besides, you can disable that stupid dialogue box, amongst other annoying stuffs, with XPantispy.
Or... you can just type: services.msc in the Run... box and disable the Error Reporting Service by right clicking it and going into properties.

I use to love Prince of Persia on the old Mac's..lol. Suppose my kids would get just as much of a kick as I use to with it now. Suppose I will be checking it out soon myself.

Peace,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error reporting service.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	4095  
Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 03:44 PM   #15
Corak
na

Yep I also thought POP was awesome. I played it in XP without any of the flaws you described on a Geforce3.

So it has not rendered any visual glitches, nor was it slow. Gameplay and graphics were simply awesome. I especially enjoyed the jumping puzzles like the one at the prison. The fights could get a little tedious I have to admit. The story was also very enjoyable and fun especially all the interaction with Farah. Voice acting was surprisingly good and convincing.

I need to look into getting an Adaptoid like-quality adapter for the PS2-dualshock for future games like this. Too bad the N64 controller only has one analog control which made it unusuable for POP.

Time to get back to XIII or maybe load up KOTOR for the first time? Hmmm..
Corak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 03:47 PM   #16
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

yeah, the fight sceens are really getting me, aparently i suck : (

i would like to have a contoler for it? can anyone confrim or deny that there is one made for the game?
Old 12-26-03, 05:03 PM   #17
rth

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
yeah, the fight sceens are really getting me, aparently i suck : (

i would like to have a contoler for it? can anyone confrim or deny that there is one made for the game?
the controller I got with it was a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3
Old 12-26-03, 06:00 PM   #18
Edge
3d animator for hire!

I only played the demo of it, but personally I thought it was very fun. The controls were pretty good and the puzzles were more interesting then most games of it's type. Though I did play it on an Xbox controller, so it was probably easier then with the KB/Mouse. I'll probably pick it up when it's cheap or get it from a friend, I have an Xbox controller adaptor (home-made ) and an Xbox, so either version will be fine for me. Though it seems PC game requirements are getting quite a bit higher because of console games, like DX:IW it requires a Geforce 3 or better (and lists that it doesn't support GF4MX cards).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 06:29 PM   #19
Rob_0126
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally posted by Corak
....Time to get back to XIII or maybe load up KOTOR for the first time? Hmmm..
KOTOR is very nice.

Stay in the Light

Robert
Rob_0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-03, 09:55 PM   #20
emotionstation
I said is this true?!

Send a message via ICQ to emotionstation Send a message via AIM to emotionstation

I bought the Radioshack PSX to USB adapter ($9.99 , search for "PSX" on their website) and play the PC version with my PS controller. Works perfectly.
emotionstation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-03, 10:00 PM   #21
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob_0126
KOTOR is very nice.

Stay in the Light

Robert
KOTOR is much more fun when you're evil.

(One tip, though. Make sure the Jedi class you get complements your starting class. A Scoundrel/Jedi Guardian *really* sucks. Not enough tech skills to be that great compared to other party members, not enough HP to tank well, not enough Force pool to use obscene amounts of Force powers. Oh well. Such is life. I'm starting over anyway to be evil. )
Old 12-27-03, 08:20 AM   #22
Rob_0126
Freedom is not free

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
KOTOR is much more fun when you're evil.

(One tip, though. Make sure the Jedi class you get complements your starting class. A Scoundrel/Jedi Guardian *really* sucks. Not enough tech skills to be that great compared to other party members, not enough HP to tank well, not enough Force pool to use obscene amounts of Force powers. Oh well. Such is life. I'm starting over anyway to be evil. )
Well, just to see the evil ending, I loaded up a very recent save, and dialoged into evil.

It was ok I suppose, for an evil ending.

What I did like about this game, was the huge plot twist.

I would have never guessed it.
(I wont reveal this key spoiler)

Robert
Rob_0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 01:24 PM   #23
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Ahh yes, the "huge plot twist" that everyone is talking about. I need to beat the game pretty soon so that noone spoils it for me. I think I'll wait until I replace my Xbox though, my old one is giving me trouble and I wouldn't be able to move the save over to my new one because it's too big. I'd play the PC version, but...a 3 gig install?!? Yikes, as if I didn't have enough games taking up space on my computer! Also, I do kinda like using the controller better for this game...*holds up flame shield*.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-03, 02:01 PM   #24
The Baron

Hey, I haven't played that far into it yet