Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-03, 12:33 AM   #1
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default FINAL FANTASY XI Benchmark

For you FF and system benchmark fans. Nothing intensive like 3DMark03, basically its to see if your system can handle it. Looks pretty damn cool. My score was something like 3000.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ben..._download.html
Old 09-26-03, 04:04 PM   #2
PenguinJim

I got 3000 or so, too.

However, the beginning of the benchmark reminded me of Magic Carpet 2, and although the graphics improved, it looks very old/ugly compared to Star Wars Galaxies (which I'm incidentally bored of now, but holding my interest for nearly 4 months isn't bad for a game ).

I might get FFXI anyway. Consistently good gameplay is more important to me than graphics that occasionally make me 'ooh' and 'ah'.
Old 10-01-03, 04:38 AM   #3
Wylde

I got 4039... whats an ideal score? BTW the FF series have been so awesome I might get this as long as it's hopefully not like that p2p helbreath game that I used to like.

Any links to information on the benchmark?
Old 10-01-03, 01:43 PM   #4
MindTrickZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Wylde
I got 4039... whats an ideal score? BTW the FF series have been so awesome I might get this as long as it's hopefully not like that p2p helbreath game that I used to like.

Any links to information on the benchmark?

bout Scores for FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows Official BenchMark Ver.2

When you start the official benchmark software, a score is displayed every time map makes a full cycle. You can tell your computer¡¯s specifications by this score.
The meaning of various score values are explained below. However, this indicator is only for reference and does not guarantee that your system will run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows.
Before downloading or using the official benchmark software, please read and agree to the Software License Agreement.

Note: The following scores are for low-resolution mode.

Cannot run: 999: Too Weak PC
Unfortunately, we assume that the specifications of your computer do not meet requirements to run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows. If you have this score even though your computer meets the minimum system requirements, please adjust the software resident on your PC.
If your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, please consider upgrading your machine.

1000 to 1499: Easy Prey PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows.
However, your frame rate may drop when in a party with lots of effects or in crowded cities.
You should set the game settings (such as resolution and texture) as low as possible.
In addition, if these symptoms bother you, you may consider upgrading your computer (such as increasing the amount of memory or upgrading your graphics card, etc).

1500 to 1999: Decent Challenge PC
We assume that your computer can easily run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows with the default settings. If the frame rate bothers you when you run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows, you may change the game settings (resolution or texture settings, etc) or adjust the display of weather effects.

2000 to 2499: Even Match PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows enjoyably with the default settings. You should be able to play easily with weather effects on.

2500 to 2999: Tough¡ PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows enjoyably with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, we recommend that you increase the resolution of FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows. FINAL FANTASY XI might run just as smoothly as in low resolution mode.

3000 to 3999: Very tough¡ PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows enjoyably with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, it may be possible to run ¡°FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows¡± easily even in high resolution mode.

4000 or above: Incredibly tough¡ PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows incredibly well with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, it may be possible to run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows easily even in high resolution mode or with bump mapping enabled..

7000 or above: Impossible to gauge¡
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows excellently with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, we recommend that you try out various configuration settings of FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows.
Old 10-01-03, 09:49 PM   #5
Grechie
Powered By nVidia

i got 2934 at start then i did dynamic overclocking and got 3153
Old 10-01-03, 10:20 PM   #6
JonathanM
Crazy Canuck

Seems very related to CPU power.. got 3300 in HQ with my 2.4C and a Ti 4600
Old 10-07-03, 10:52 AM   #7
ChrisRay

I got 3,710 on my system.

Which is an Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1.8 Ghz on a 310 Mhz FSB.

I had hoped my system would exceed 4000 tho honestly

This benchmark has sound enabled. I wonder if we disabled our sound cards if the numbers would increase. Main reason I am curious. I am wondering how much on my onboard sound might be hurting my performance.

I ran it in High resolution btw.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Last edited by ChrisRay; 10-07-03 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-07-03, 11:10 PM   #8
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
I got 3,710 on my system.

Which is an Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1.8 Ghz on a 310 Mhz FSB.

I had hoped my system would exceed 4000 tho honestly

This benchmark has sound enabled. I wonder if we disabled our sound cards if the numbers would increase. Main reason I am curious. I am wondering how much on my onboard sound might be hurting my performance.

I ran it in High resolution btw.

Holy Cow. After Running the benchmark again with my new Santa Cruz Audio. My Score went up to 4,110. This benchmark is also audio limited on onboard audio systems.

Ok Lets recap.

AC97 Realtek Audio = 3,715 Score
Santa Cruz Audio 4,110 Score

I guess I shoulda expected that onboard Audio to have been a huge bottleneck in games
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Last edited by ChrisRay; 10-07-03 at 11:18 PM.

Old 10-02-05, 04:08 PM   #9
frowncat

Default Re: FINAL FANTASY XI cheats and exploits?

My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/ffxi.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for final fantasy xi. He told me it was against the rules for ffxi to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.
Old 10-02-05, 06:56 PM   #10
rflair
W OOO OOO

Default Re: FINAL FANTASY XI cheats and exploits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowncat
My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/ffxi.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for final fantasy xi. He told me it was against the rules for ffxi to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.
Well you only have 1 post and are probably just trying to start crap, but cheating is for losers. If you cheat you haven't won anything your just a cheat and your parents should be kicked in the head for raising a cheat.
Old 10-02-05, 07:24 PM   #11
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Default Re: FINAL FANTASY XI Benchmark

This thread is over 2 years old now.
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
Closed Thread