Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-04, 05:10 PM   #1
AlphaWolfII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 59
Default That was just plain mean ........

I was in my local EB today browsing around. The usual boring stuff, no deals on the used CDs, nothing to get too excited about ........

Then I started to leave and a box in the front caught my eye! NO! It couldn't be true! Doom III!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart skipped several beats.

Then I went over and picked up an empty box. Major downer.

It was a fake box to try and get me to pre-pay and get a solid pewter Doom figurine. I don't think so!

Don't EVER do that to me again!

Damn, there ought to be a law.

AW
AlphaWolfII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-04, 05:22 PM   #2
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...
 
mrsabidji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 506
Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji
Default

Sue them .

mrsabidji
__________________
Signing posts since 1427.
mrsabidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-04, 05:35 PM   #3
AlphaWolfII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 59
Default

<<Sue them>>

I did, but the law suit was leaked and the judge said I can't go to court until the 4th quarter of 2004 or maybe 2007.

AWII
AlphaWolfII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-04, 06:25 PM   #4
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: That was just plain mean ........

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaWolfII
I was in my local EB today browsing around. The usual boring stuff, no deals on the used CDs, nothing to get too excited about ........

Then I started to leave and a box in the front caught my eye! NO! It couldn't be true! Doom III!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart skipped several beats.

Then I went over and picked up an empty box. Major downer.

It was a fake box to try and get me to pre-pay and get a solid pewter Doom figurine. I don't think so!

Don't EVER do that to me again!

Damn, there ought to be a law.

AW
This is a practice that has been going on for months, if not years. If Doom 3 had gone gold, don't you think it would have been all over the Web by now?
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-04, 09:28 PM   #5
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.
 
jAkUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 17,744
Default

I have 2 of those doom figures, and a doom 3 poster!!!

w00t!!!
__________________
965xe || evga x58 classified || 3x evga gtx 480 || 6gb g.skill || win7 x64
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-04, 05:36 PM   #6
thenerdguy
 
thenerdguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 216
Default

Yeah ive had that happen to me severail times.
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Stalker
Far Cry
Barbie goes to Holly Wood

Darn game store just trying to get you to spend a dollor on empty boxes.
__________________
[IMG]http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1210/whitecathavingfunnd7.gif[/IMG]
thenerdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-04, 09:48 PM   #7
Woodelf
I should be gaming.
 
Woodelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ferelden
Posts: 908
Unhappy

My first (and last) time had Me holding an ultra light TNT 2 Ultra box.
__________________
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 03:00 AM   #8
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.
 
-=DVS=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Outerspace
Posts: 3,009
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by thenerdguy
Yeah ive had that happen to me severail times.
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Stalker
Far Cry
Barbie goes to Holly Wood

Darn game store just trying to get you to spend a dollor on empty boxes.
__________________
.:. Lian Li X500FX .:. i7 2600k .:. PNY GTX 680 .:. Corsair DDR3 8GB .:. Silverstone 800W PSU .:. Asus P8P67-M Pro .:. Crucial M4 SSD 512GB .:.
-=DVS=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-04, 07:12 AM   #9
|JuiceZ|
Registered User
 
|JuiceZ|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisville
Posts: 3,286
Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
thats exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he let that one slip
__________________
primary MBP Core i5 2010 | HR | OCZ 120GB SSD
gaming Core i5-2500K @ 4.1GHz w/ CM Hyper212+ | MSI N560GTX-Ti TF II/OC | MSI P67A-GD55 | Silverstone FT02 | X360 250GB + Kinect
htpc IONITX-A-U | 2GB | M350 | XBMC Linux | SABnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato | NAS Synology DS411J | 4TB
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 08:08 AM   #10
thenerdguy
 
thenerdguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 216
Default

It wasnt for ummm me it was for ummmmm my sister's best friends friends younger sister

__________________
[IMG]http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1210/whitecathavingfunnd7.gif[/IMG]
thenerdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 02:23 PM   #11
Edge
3d animator for hire!
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,564
Default

Actually a lot of places are doing the whole pre-order box thing. Best Buy also has a bunch of pre-order bonus boxes, and I think I've seen them in either Circuit City or CompUSA as well. Usually you buy the "box" for the cost of the preorder, and the box usually has some extra stuff in it (a shirt or a soundtrack CD, etc.). Actually I think it's kinda a good sign that games are now getting enough hype in the industry that they're willing to offer pre-order bonuses and such on games, though it is kinda misleading when you see a "game" on the shelf that's actually a pre-order pack.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-04, 09:30 PM   #12
Woodelf
I should be gaming.
 
Woodelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ferelden
Posts: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Actually a lot of places are doing the whole pre-order box thing. Best Buy also has a bunch of pre-order bonus boxes, and I think I've seen them in either Circuit City or CompUSA as well. Usually you buy the "box" for the cost of the preorder, and the box usually has some extra stuff in it (a shirt or a soundtrack CD, etc.). Actually I think it's kinda a good sign that games are now getting enough hype in the industry that they're willing to offer pre-order bonuses and such on games, though it is kinda misleading when you see a "game" on the shelf that's actually a pre-order pack.

I agree with You, But it seem's that some of these games can take a loooooong time to go gold (if ya know what I mean).
__________________
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.