Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-02, 06:35 PM   #25
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

try removing the drivers references manually. they are in your system32 folder, and it is something in the extension of nv*.dll, set your vga to standard vga adapter, and than reinstall the detonators. should work

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 06:37 PM   #26
A-KO

Send a message via AIM to A-KO

the Add/Remove Programs applet does this.

Seting to standard display is not possible with SP1 since it includes a driver for the Ti4200 defaultly.
A-KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 07:27 PM   #27
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

And it won't let you install a driver over that? Something is screwed up with your XP configuration then because I can overwrite those files on my SP1 install any time.

I assume you installed Win XP, then SP1, then motherboard drivers (if applicable), then video card? What did you do after that when you changed drivers? Did you use the add/remove programs while you were in safe mode?
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 07:45 PM   #28
A-KO

time and time again peopple, how must I repeat myself?

i820, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the chipset. Whatsoever. the MTH, Memory Translator Hub, was the item with the problem. This device is not presence on the i820 RDRAM boards, ONLY present on the SDRAM boards.

I have an RDRAM board....

http://www.intel.com/support/mth/overview.htm

There is more information.
Old 10-01-02, 08:25 PM   #29
The Baron

rule number one of fixing computers.

No matter how much it seems like the problem is directly caused by software or hardware, DO NOT ASSUME EITHER.

Doesn't matter that it installs a default Ti4200 driver. WinXP has always done this, did it with the original XP Pro (it installed a driver when I clean installed it, but 3D didn't work but all 2D modes did, so it's always been there).

Go to the display propteries -> settings -> advanced -> adapter -> properties. Hit driver, change driver. Choose option 2, don't search, and select a WHQL MS driver.

Go and install the 30.82s after you reboot.

Yes, the old registry settings will be there, but it doesn't matter in the least since they are separate for each driver revision (the old registry settings for your card are there when you change drivers even if you uninstall them... it doesn't really matter in the least unless you are completely, utterly anal retentive about it).
Old 10-01-02, 08:34 PM   #30
A-KO

I knnow but u're not understanding. No matter what I try, after 40.71, nothing works. Notthe WHQL drivers, not the default Microsoft Driver, not the Asus drivers, nothing works.
Old 10-01-02, 08:36 PM   #31
The Baron

then the problem's obviously not with the 40.71 drivers... hah.

boot into safe mode and delete the drivers. let windows bitch at you about not having the required drivers when you start up, and if it doesn't work, then you seriously messed something up.

--edit--in fact, I'm almost willing to bet it's something with the Asus drivers just because manufacturer's drivers have this odd tendency of being incredibly crappy... heh.--/edit--
Old 10-01-02, 09:09 PM   #32
A-KO

I'VE REFORMATTED TWICE AFTER THE ASUS INCIDENT.

This has happened ONLY after installing 40.71s. It did not occur with 40.51, and it does not occur with 30.82. ONLY after 40.71, what do you not understand?

I can install and uninnstall 30.82 as many times as I want, and the problem ONLY occurs with 40.71.

Any of the 40.xx drivers cause the memory detection problem, which does not occur on 30.82.

All I wanted to know was how to fix the damn drivers, or at least let Nvidia if they even browse thesee forums be aware of some dumbass mistake with 40.71.

Old 10-01-02, 11:13 PM   #33
A-KO

NNOOO

I DID NOT INSTALL THE ASUS DRIVERS ANY MORE THAN THAT ONE TIME.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

I installed 40.71 to try to find out what exactly the problem was(actually wanted to read what rivatuner was reporting at the time from the card's register)). I went to uninstall the40.71 drivers, just as normally as I always do...Add/remove programs.

next thinng u know, no matter which driver. thedefault Ti4200 driveer, the 30.82 driver, nothing worked...no matter what I tried...it ONLY happened with 40.71. The ASUS drivers had *NOTHING* to do with it.
Old 10-01-02, 11:19 PM   #34
A-KO

At the time of the lsat 40.71 install, I was not aware that 40.71 was the problem,thus why I did not hesitate to install them again. I figured the "This Device Cannot Start" error was related to the Asus drivers, *NOT* the 40.71 drivers. So I reeformatted againn and they are not touching this system...but i've repeated myself about 10 god damn times and all you peopple come up with are a billion and one things that have absolutely no relation to the system whatsoever? You are not any more technical enough to know that there is no possible way in hell to install a 'standard display driver' in Windows XP(at least with SP1) even through safe mode because it assumes the standard driver is the Microsoft WHQL Default?

Do you not understand this error ONLY occurs after installing the 40.71 drivers, and manually addinng registry keys for the device has not fixed it? I've tried every possible thing on earth and this is all you people can come up with? Yet you call me the idiot, you call me pathetic?
Old 10-01-02, 11:20 PM   #35
A-KO

Hell, this time i'm tempted to install them AGAIN, this time carefully monitoring everything they do to the system via ntregmon and ntfilmon just so I can see what they screw up.
Old 10-01-02, 11:40 PM   #36
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

dude..i think you've gone way beyond the Seeking for help into the whining. honestly man, if the 40.71 are causing so much problems that you can't install ****, and obviously, your pretty smart your self if your using ntregmon and ntfilmon and going to carefully monitor it you can fix your own problem. just format your computer. alright, 40.71 sucks ass, now we're trying to help you, but damn your freaking thick headed and its obvious you have enough brains on what to do.

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote