Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-27-04, 09:19 PM   #13
InDirectX

Well it does run Bust a Move 3000 at more then full speed. It runs from 100-130 on my system at 640x480 at 1024x768 it slows down to about 70-90, so its quite playable. However it is just a puzzle game that is pretty simple. Regardless it is still an achievment.

System specs are as follows:

AthlonXP 2500+
Radeon 9800Pro
NF7-S
512meg DDR400 in DualChannel
120gig WD HDD w/8meg cache

The only downside is audio isnt implemented yet, but it will be in time I'm sure.
InDirectX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 02:56 AM   #14
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
How in the world do you rip GameCube discs?
I believe the broadband adapter allows you to do so, although in doing so you kill your warranty (in a similar way that installing linux on your xbox does).
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 03:51 AM   #15
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

You also require phantasy star online iirc, but thats enough talk about that
Old 01-28-04, 04:26 AM   #16
Edge
3d animator for hire!

I thought PSO was only required to copy games TO the Gamecube? Just to educate everyone (don't worry mods, not saying how to do it), there's apperently an exploit you can use with PSO that allows you to "stream" a game over the broadband adaptor from your PC to your Gamecube using some program, which basicly lets you "pirate" those games. But it's buggy as hell and very slow, not to mention pointless because very few games work with it. I think ripping games is done in a different way, but I'm not sure how. Sure wish I knew how though, I have 3 Gamecube games but no Gamecube to play them on, I'd like to be able to at least try them
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 07:07 AM   #17
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
You were expecting full speed on its first ever release?
I thought it had been going a while, I recall you posted something about it months ago.

I wouldn't expect full speed, but its not even anywhere near remotely playable speed for anything other than bustamove, which IIRC is just a couple of 2d sprites.

What annoys me is that the whole thing is basically to play pirate gamecube games. Call it an excercise that the programmers are doing all you want, but there are plenty of other excercises they could do, which wouldn't result in alot of ppl using the product to play pirate games.

Last edited by Nutty; 01-28-04 at 07:13 AM.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 07:12 AM   #18
de><ta
prodigy

I spent 3 hours getting (hmm maybe I should use the word obtaining, since it is more ambigious) a Naruto game for the gamecube and it did not even run it.

The game is Japanese only so I am not sure if that is an issue.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 07:18 AM   #19
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

This is cool, I just love emulators. It's nice to see some progress on emulators for the latest generation of consoles.

I actually orderd a gamecube bundled with metroid prime yesterday

Man I can't wait!

It struck me when i was browsing an online store for some GC games ... there's just too few good games out for the console
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 07:34 AM   #20
jimbob0i0
ATI Geek

Send a message via ICQ to jimbob0i0 Send a message via Yahoo to jimbob0i0

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
You also require phantasy star online iirc, but thats enough talk about that
Heh and to think I was trying to be subtle before :P

s for ripping from the gamecube... it is right to say you don't need PSO... just an exploit using DHCP (if it's still necissary - I haven't been keeping track on it recently....) and some particular software... can then access debug screens, view memory contents of game running, performs dumps etc etc...

I won't say anything more cause I like this forum and don't want to be banned.... is that above untelling enough Mr. Flibble?

BTW - how on earth does it void the warranty? There's no tell-tale signs left from the exploits unlike with the Xbox linux/HDD/Bond/etc hacks...

Old 01-28-04, 12:30 PM   #21
Ninja Prime

LOL, figures that Nintendo builds an un-pirateable super encrypted console and Sega comes along with some crappy software to ruin the whole thing.

Must be revenge for putting them out of buisness lol.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 12:59 PM   #22
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
LOL, figures that Nintendo builds an un-pirateable super encrypted console and Sega comes along with some crappy software to ruin the whole thing.

Must be revenge for putting them out of buisness lol.

Quote:
I thought it had been going a while, I recall you posted something about it months ago.

I wouldn't expect full speed, but its not even anywhere near remotely playable speed for anything other than bustamove, which IIRC is just a couple of 2d sprites.
I don't think you know how complicated emulation actually is, the project has been going on for about 7 months and what they have done so far is amazing in such a small ammount of time.

Quote:
What annoys me is that the whole thing is basically to play pirate gamecube games. Call it an excercise that the programmers are doing all you want, but there are plenty of other excercises they could do, which wouldn't result in alot of ppl using the product to play pirate games
Perhaps but the authors viewed this as a challenge and wanted to try it.
Old 01-28-04, 03:25 PM   #23
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
I don't think you know how complicated emulation actually is
Prolly not, never tried it. But I know the details of the gamecube hardware, and it doesn't seem very easy to recreate on PC hardware. Theres are abilities in the gpu that no PC graphics card accelerates. Not even the high-end cards AFAIK.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-04, 03:42 PM   #24
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by EciDemon
It struck me when i was browsing an online store for some GC games ... there's just too few good games out for the console
That's because the GameCube imploded on the launch pad when it was released. It was a horrid launch. Supply far exceeded demand and people were buying less than two games per system (PS2 averaged about four at launch). There also are next to zero third party developers creating games for it. And exclusives? Fuhgetaboutit.

Even Nintendo has said their focus for the future is going to be concentrated on the Game Boy Advance, so even the mothership has given up on the GC. That's a shame too because there are some really damn fun games: Mario Golf, Double Dash and Monkey Ball immediately come to mind.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote