Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-04, 08:04 PM   #13
DivotMaker

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Weirdest thing, I picked up a copy of TW2002 from a bargain bin and it has the EXACT same problem as 2004 with the golfer disapearing with AA on using 3 click.

Sorry, I'm old school. 3 click is how I learned to play virtual golf and it's what I'm best at with it.
I hate to say it but TW2002 is probably one of the worst Tiger releases ever. I am surprised you even got it to run.

I am telling you that if you take the tutorials for TrueSwing and get to know how to use the swing, you will throw stones at 3-click. I won $10,000 playing 3-click in TW99 and ever since TW came out with TrueSwing, 3-click just does not reproduce a golf swing by any stretch of the imagination. The one key factor that 3-click is missing is feel and tempo. You cannot get that in a swing meter but you can get it in spades with TrueSwing. 3-click is old school, but it's time has seen better days. You can also run AA to your hearts content using TrueSwing....
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-04, 08:21 PM   #14
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

How the hell does enabling AA affect game logic? Or make objects dissapear?
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-04, 10:31 PM   #15
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty
How the hell does enabling AA affect game logic? Or make objects dissapear?
It doesn't affect game logic, I think it has something to do with the 3-clicky meter-thing that comes up and how that is affected/affects the AA which it masks the golfer.

Like it's an overlay with the clicky meter on it and the invisible part of it covers up the golfer when it's on the screen or makes the rest of the screen disapear.

Like BB said, it's a glitch and a longshot/oddball one at that....but it's annoying to me personally and the way I prefer to play so I like to tease him about it from time to time.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-04, 08:59 AM   #16
Shaitan

Too bad it is yet another ww2 game. Sick of em. And quite frankly, I don`t relate to the time period. A Nam game I can relate to as it was going on when I was a kid. I like the style better, and the jungle type of warfare. Not to mentiuon the M16 is alot sexier a weap than anything we could get in ww2. LOL
WD VelociRaptors X 2 in RAID 0
BFG 295 GTX Rev. B
Enermax Galaxy 850 psu
CoolIT Systems Freezone
Samsung 2233rz
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-04, 09:20 AM   #17
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Actually, it does look very generic in it's use of havok physics. The water looks very nice, but notice on the bridge when he throws the grenade, it takes out all the supports, but half the bridge is still up, in mid-air, just floating there. *sigh*, I wish a game would use REAL physics where taking out the supports of an object would cause it to come down, or where "linked" objects affect eachother, rather than every box and wooden plank seemingly not being connected to anything (I mean seriously, did they forget to nail down those wooden boards? They should shoot the construction company for such shoddy work).
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-04, 10:17 AM   #18
digitalwanderer

I just started playing MP2 again last night, (on Blue and it's surprising the hell out of me how well it's playing on Blue! Damn near as good as on Bubbles! ), and I'm noticing a whole lot more of those arranged physics demonstrations and I like 'em.

The books lined up like dominos, the boxes gratuitously stacked up for you to jump thru, the huge pile of chairs just waiting for a grenade...it's just too fun and too well done!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-04, 09:53 AM   #19
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
I had my fill of World War 2 shooters about 10 games ago.

here here !!
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-04, 11:13 AM   #20
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
I had my fill of World War 2 shooters about 10 games ago.
I bet a lot of the people who make this comment are the same people whom have played Madden for the past 12 years, or various Mario games for the past two decades plus.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-04, 02:29 PM   #21
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

anyone got a fast mirror? 6k/sec is hell
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-04, 11:44 AM   #22
Ady

I'll be getting this game once it arrives. I'm interested in WWII stuff, and this is a game that is set a bit closer to my part of the world.

I don't see anything good about the physics in those videos though. It looks quite fake and rather silly in places. It doesn't even come close to what we saw with HL2.
Old 02-06-04, 10:39 PM   #23
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Default .........???

Quote:
Originally posted by stncttr908
I bet a lot of the people who make this comment are the same people whom have played Madden for the past 12 years, or various Mario games for the past two decades plus.

------------

------------

never played a pc sports title in my pc gaming life.my fave title is System Shock 2.#2 would be Planescape:Torment,following that #3,Grim
Fandango.Madden and the like,are for people without opposing thumbs(just my opinion of course)why play a football game,when you can get out of your chair,and grab a real ball,and get some friends together and play the real game out in the fresh air.i believe its called the outdoors.what is
even more ironic is this;i would wager that many of the people who say
they like "playing" these "games would dodge a draft faster
then you or i can say the word....
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518

Last edited by SH0DAN; 02-06-04 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-06-04, 10:52 PM   #24
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Poontang meter: --|----------------

^^^^ ^^ ^^^^ ^ ^ ^

P. J. O'Rourke

------------------