Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-09-04, 04:31 AM   #49
Chalnoth

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
According to experts that know more than you or me, we are only 7-8 years away from that point.
These so-called experts don't know squat. Current technologies just can't keep advancing at current rates for that long. Anybody who says they can predict what's going to happen that far down the road has no idea what they're talking about. To put it simply, there are many different people working on a myriad of different ways to get around the limitations of current technologies. We just don't know which of these different ways will take hold, if it will last, or how fast computer technology will grow once this new technology takes hold.
Old 02-09-04, 05:00 AM   #50
D.K.Tronics
Retro Gamer

Quote:
The next gen of consoles will put that which many believe to be "real-life" to shame. How much more real do we need?

Bwahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Thats positively THE funniest pile of crap I've EVER heard ANYONE post in a forum. Put real-life to shame, lol. Thats a good one.

Quote:
It's called Gamecube.
From where I'm sat, it's 80. Thats NOT $100. Perhaps you should stay out of second-hand stores.

Quote:
You have no idea what your are talking about. Maybe if you're using PS2(because it sucks), but most consoles are far easier than PC development, you have a solid platform, not 1,000 different systems you need to make adjustments for.
Looking around, and judging by your quite laughable excuses for this whole stupid debate, it's YOU that doesn't have a clue.

Quote:
Good thing the US is switching to all digital in 2006
I don't live in the US.

And on, and on, and on, the quite laughable attempts to prove this will happen.
I haven't seen any of the console fanboys post one single reason that this will ever happen.
Infact, I'll get my entire bank account, I'll run down my local street naked and film the whole event, if this ever happens. Because it won't.
We all had this conversation in the SNES days, The Saturn days, the PSX days, the Dreamcast days, and now today. And it's all the same b0ll0cky crap tired old, heard it all before excuses that the console fanboys rant on.
And I'll bet anything that we will all be here, with PS4/Xbox4, and the PC will still be going nicely in the background, while the real fight continues between MS and Sony.

Let me ask you this.

Why are you here, on this forum ?
This is a PC forum, right ?
Why do I see that some of you argueing for this, actually own high-end Radeons/Geforce cards, and systems ?
Surely, you could of spent your money on console hardware and games ?
1 Gb PC3700 Corsair RAM
SBLive Platinum + Livedrive II - 7 years old and STILL going strong
Windows XP Pro SP2
D.K.Tronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 05:00 AM   #51
Mullins1060

pc gaming wont die, as the graphics are far superior, and u can never beat the keyboard and mouse (pff those crappy console controlers)
M/B: Asus Rampage Formula (0401 BIOS) | CPU: Intel Xeon 3350 @ 3.6GHz (8x450MHz) 1.256v | HSF: Tuniq Tower 120-LFB | RAM: 2x2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-15 2T 2.1v | GFX: 1792MB EVGA GeForce GTX 295 | HD: 2x300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache (RAID 0) | SOUND: Asus SupremeFX II | PSU: OCZ ModXStream 900W | CASE: Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80B
Mullins1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 05:05 AM   #52
Chalnoth

Quote:
Originally posted by D.K.Tronics
From where I'm sat, it's 80. Thats NOT $100. Perhaps you should stay out of second-hand stores.
The Gamecube is $99 retail in the states.
Old 02-09-04, 05:45 AM   #53
D.K.Tronics
Retro Gamer

Quote:
The Gamecube is $99 retail in the states
Everthing seems to be cheaper over there. You lucky sods.

Anyway, some light relief.

How many Console owners does it take to change a lightbulb ?

Whats a lightbulb ?

If it doesn't work when I plug it in, then whats the point ?

None, as they can't find a lightbulb thats good enough.

These lightbulbs all look the same.

I bought this bulb from Japan, Do I need an adapter ?

Surely a lightbulb should of died years ago, and now we all use nightvision.

It's too much hassle with all this unpacking, box opening, and bulb fitting. Why can't it plug itself in ?

My bulb is better than your bulb

My bulb is brighter than your bulb

Ahh, but my nu supor fandangle bulb, is TEH roxor so u c it can b beter than yor bulb, witch iz gonna b ded.
1 Gb PC3700 Corsair RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 02-09-04, 06:04 AM   #54
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

D.K calm down or I will have to flibble you.
Old 02-09-04, 06:34 AM   #55
Chalnoth

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
D.K calm down or I will have to flibble you.
Woah, woah, woah, Vamp....let's not get too carried away....sure he's annoying, but flibbling? Yikes.
Old 02-09-04, 07:01 AM   #56
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Let me ask you this.

Why do I see that some of you argueing for this, actually own high-end Radeons/Geforce cards, and systems ?
Talk about console fanboys being stupid.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-04, 07:42 AM   #57
Malfunction

Have there been any discussions of what forums members reasonings would be to have a -Holo Deck-? I was just curious if anyone had started a thread like, "What would you use a -Holo Deck- for and Why?"

Kinda corny, but think it would be funny and interesting to see some ideas of what people would use one for. Entertaining none the less.

Quote:
Maybe games will go out of style altogether, but I doubt it... There won't be anything big and impressive enough invented in the next 10 years to take over gaming as it is today. You're not going to have holodecks in 10 years.
More than likely, if something was possible... would there be a need for the internet? *Sorry, way off topic though entertaining when I see it pop up here and there.

Peace,

Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 08:02 AM   #58
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Well I said call me when holodecks exist, having a holodeck would rock
Old 02-09-04, 08:39 AM   #59
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally posted by Chalnoth
These so-called experts don't know squat. Current technologies just can't keep advancing at current rates for that long. Anybody who says they can predict what's going to happen that far down the road has no idea what they're talking about. To put it simply, there are many different people working on a myriad of different ways to get around the limitations of current technologies. We just don't know which of these different ways will take hold, if it will last, or how fast computer technology will grow once this new technology takes hold.
Look at where we are now. Look at Doom3 and HL2 compared to a game like UT or Q3, and games that are only 2-3 years old. It's a quantum leap. It's expected that the R500/NV50 generation of GPU's will be able to do FF:SW graphics in real-time. I remember some people at the move theater confusing that movie for a real movie with some weird special effect added... If that is just around the corner, then what is 7 years away? Look at the leap from N64 to Gamecube, or PS to PS2. Now think of graphics that some people can confuse for real-life, and think of a PS to PS2 leap from that.

Intel already has planned processes all the way down to 25 namometer. X-box2 and PS3 are using 65 nanometer. Consoles usually skip one or two generations of CMOS processes, so top tech companies already have planned processes that they know they can achieve for the generation that will be X-box3 and PS4. It's pretty much assured that technology will advance at least until then at a steady rate.

Quote:
Thats positively THE funniest pile of crap I've EVER heard ANYONE post in a forum. Put real-life to shame, lol. Thats a good one.
Maybe you should learn to read better, or pay more attention then... "that which many believe to be "real-life", is far different than "put real-life to shame."

Let me spell it out for you realllllyyyy easy. Some people, perhaps even the average person, right now, think that Doom3 is almost "real-life" grahpics. Even more people, think that FF:SW is almost, or even truly "real-life" graphics. We will have Doom3 in months, and FF:SW graphics in less than 2 years. The next gen after that will likely be as true to life as anyone cares about. Maybe even sooner than 7 years.

Quote:
Looking around, and judging by your quite laughable excuses for this whole stupid debate, it's YOU that doesn't have a clue.

Nice arguement. I take it that means you can't dispute what I said?

Quote:
I don't live in the US.
Good thing the two biggest markets are in the US and Japan then. Japan is already all digital I think... can't remember. Needless to say, if the US, the country with the most consumers and most TV's has HD TV, developers will support it.

Quote:
Infact, I'll get my entire bank account, I'll run down my local street naked and film the whole event, if this ever happens.
I hope you remember this in 7-8 years.

Quote:
As I said before, I am a PC fanboy. I like PC's. If I had my choice I would take a PC anyday. However, that's today. 7 years from now probably not. At least we know your best arguement is "you're a console fanboy!".

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Well I said call me when holodecks exist, having a holodeck would rock
They sort of have them now... I think it's SGI that makes custom "Holorooms" that can fill a room with a hologram. It's like $100,000's though. Kinda neat.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-04, 09:27 AM   #60
D.K.Tronics
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Let me spell it out for you realllllyyyy easy. Some people, perhaps even the average person, right now, think that Doom3 is almost "real-life" grahpics
A person that thinks Doom3, HL2, or whatever, is almost real-life, isn't called an "Average" person. The real name I would use, would get me flibbled.

Currently, the best graphics I have ever seen, are in the Final Fantasy Movie. A film that took hundreds of super computers, a couple of years to render. And even then, the end result looked nothing like "Real-Life".

Real-life, isn't going to happen in our lifetime. Perhaps the next generation will see close to real-life. But if you think we are heading to real-life in 8 years, then you are seriously disillusioned.

Quote:
I hope you remember this in 7-8 years
You add a zero to those figures, and I'll remember it, if I'm still here, or care.

Quote:
They sort of have them now... I think it's SGI that makes custom "Holorooms" that can fill a room with a hologram. It's like $100,000's though. Kinda neat.
I think you watch way too much startrek.
1 Gb PC3700 Corsair RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2