|02-19-04, 03:12 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2004
How to install Nvidia Drivers
May i am stupid but i don't know how to install the drivers !!!
I've just downloded the two files from the Nvidia Page ( i've got Geforceand try to aktivate the 3D driver !!!)..unzippt both...and now the Readmefile says make install...and i realy don't no how ??? Please Help.....
It is my first time using Linux System any Help is welcome ...
Thank you very much
|02-19-04, 06:04 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
1. Make sure you've downloaded correct drivers.
2. Change file permission to executable. Type in terminal/konsole chmod + NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run
or in konqueror file manager right click on the file then properties/permissions then check execute.
3. Now you have to go to command line mode. The best way to do it is when you type init 3 in console/teminal. (init 2 if 3 doesn't work)
4. Type ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run (don'r forget ./ ) then follow instructions.
5. If you get em installed successfully type startx
In case you don't see nvida logo go to /etc/X11 directory then open XF86Config file (if you see XF86Config-4 file open that one instead) with some text editor then remove the following lines
If you don't see them that's fine just make sure they are not there.
Also replace the line
Driver "nv" (or Driver "vesa")
with Driver "nvidia"
save/exit restart linux
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to quickly Install NVIDIA R302.11 Drivers Under Linux Mint 13||News||Latest Tech And Game Headlines||0||06-12-12 06:40 AM|
|Radeon 9700 not all that?||sancheuz||Other Desktop Graphics Cards||200||10-12-02 09:31 PM|
|Red Hat null(limbo beta 3), guide to install Nvidia Drivers||utiel||NVIDIA Linux||21||09-30-02 05:32 PM|
|NVIDIA drivers won't install...||Dnzauker||NVIDIA Linux||6||09-12-02 06:47 AM|
|NVIDIA 2960 Drivers & RH 7.3 W/2.4.18-5||XASCompuGuy||NVIDIA Linux||6||08-02-02 11:53 AM|