Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-04, 04:30 PM   #73
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally posted by MUYA
Hexen 2 was 3rd person

Still remeber getting nauseous (sic) playing Heretic 2 or something in 1996..bleurgggggg

i own all three games mentioned,and hexen 2 and the mission pack were
not third person.heretic 2 was.and when the hell are they going to stop making soldier of fortune type games and get back to thier roots
with hexen,and the heretic sereies?
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 05:05 PM   #74
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Personally I love all that satanic **** in games.. The creepier the better.. C'mon Doom3, bring it on!!!
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:33 PM   #75
Blacklash
8^9^3

Default r

It is perfectly fine for someone to not like the game because of themes or images, it's called preference. Personally, the game doesn't phase me one bit. I would suggest if you do not like it to vote with the old wallet.

I think it has a dark atmospheric fantasy feel. Then again Abrahamic religions aren't part of my belief system. If they were, yes, I might not enjoy the game as much.

Still FPS is simply about kill everything that moves, basically. The evil in the game is very tongue in cheek. For example, the witches on broomsticks.

I don't feel the need to insult people that don't like the game. I simply think it's lame to want to censor game content like this, when many people do in fact just see it as fantasy and entertainment. My examples about life were to point to proper perspective. I don't thing games or music will end the world. Holy wars and intolerance might.

The story is very corny and outlandish, but it's an FPS, I really don't care.As far as I can tell "the sign the pact" thing in the game is because the fellow is a mercenary who unwittingly signs a contract that is actually a pact with a demon. When he dies he goes to purgatory and basically must fight his way out to heaven/redemption to his wife, who is already there. Cute and trite, hardly inspiring.

I will probably buy it because I like the way its done. I like more about it than I do not. Then again, I love dark games. Silent hill, Clive Barker's Undying, you name it.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64

Last edited by Blacklash; 02-21-04 at 10:13 PM.
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:56 PM   #76
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: r

Quote:
Originally posted by Malficar
Clive Barker's Undying
Now that was some scary shiznit right there. Holy cow, the demo totally and completely freaked me out.

But on the satanic themes, I don't care. As MaxPower said, you are the good guy here. The themes/messages from games like GTA3 and Vice City are, IMO, 100x worse than in this one. If you enjoyed those games, yet are opposed to this, I'm sorry but I think that makes you a hypocrite.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:10 PM   #77
Blacklash
8^9^3

Default r

Quote:
If you enjoyed those games, yet are opposed to this, I'm sorry but I think that makes you a hypocrite.
Correct. I have no problem with the game. I am simply stating I am willing to tolerate those that do, as long as they don't try to force their preferences down my throat through censorship.

I am very live and let live.

EDIT:Last thing, I promise I was saying "good" or "evil" guy in a video game means absolutely squat to me. A game is for fantasy and entertainment. I know fellows that play "evil" races and classes in MMORPG's like Everquest yet they are some of the nicest players you would ever want to meet. In addition they are productive well adjusted members of society.

My point was those concerned with fighting "evil" in life might want to start with real "evil" guys pretending to be "good" in the world. There are many other much more worthy targets out there other than music and video games.

And to Max, ya agreed...
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64

Last edited by Blacklash; 02-21-04 at 11:00 PM.
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:19 PM   #78
Clay

Default Re: r

Quote:
Originally posted by Malficar
Correct. I have no problem with the game. I am simply stating I am willing to tolerate those that do, as long as they don't try to force their preferences down my throat through censorship.

I am very live and let live.
That's cool bud.

Alright, now let's all try to get back to just the aspects of the game itself and save the philosophical tangents (erm, yeah, I know I aided in this ) for the politcal forum.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 11:40 PM   #79
majortom
Done

Send a message via AIM to majortom
Default Re: Re: r

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Now that was some scary shiznit right there. Holy cow, the demo totally and completely freaked me out.
undying is definitely one of the best (and highly underrated) games i've ever played. if only they had a multiplayer, or better yet, a coop mode. i so wish that they would make a sequel or remake on a newer engine, such as the d3 or hl2 (or even on the new ut2003 engine). i'd definitely buy that.
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-04, 01:46 AM   #80
anzak

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxPower
Not trying to start something here guys but did either of you play Wolfenstein 3D or RtCW? Both of those games are filled with swastikas which are not much "better" than pentagrams. Nazism and Satanism are in the same waste of a boat too. I guess my point is still that in any of those games "you" were not playing the role of Satan, a demon, a member of the SS or Hitler himself. "You" were/are the good guy, trying to get rid of that scum.
The swastika has not always been a sign of death and suffering. Before the Nazi's adopted it, for 3000 years it was meant as power, sun, and good luck. During the 1920's Coke put out a bunch of ads with Swastikas on them, if I find a link to one I'll post it.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-04, 01:55 AM   #81
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by anzak
The swastika has not always been a sign of death and suffering. Before the Nazi's adopted it, for 3000 years it was meant as power, sun, and good luck. During the 1920's Coke put out a bunch of ads with Swastikas on them, if I find a link to one I'll post it.
Oh yeah, I know...but in the context of those games it was what it was. Likewise, the pentagram has not always been a sign of the occult or satanism. Here's a quick blurb I found about alternate meanings:
Quote:
The pentagram was considered by the ancient Greeks and medieval astrologers to have supernatural properties and to be a protective symbol. Often in the past people would mark their doors with pentagrams to ward off evil witchcraft and spirits.

In good magic today (with the top pointed upwards) it is often used as a symbol to support transmission and communication with the spirit world. Its five points are often seen to represent the four classic elements of earth, water, air and fire joining with the fifth element of spirit to create life. A five-pointed star (pentagram) with a circle around it is referred to as a pentacle. This circle represents sacred space in which the fifth element of spirit controls the four earthly elements.

Also in the legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight a pentacle adorns his shield representing the five knightly virtues of generosity, courtesy, chastity, brotherly love and piety.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.

Old 02-22-04, 02:33 AM   #82
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Am playing the demo.

Man, I dunno if I'm going to buy this game or not. You definitely got to be in the right mood to play this game. Shoot, shoot, and more shoot. It's like a Satanic Serious Sam.

Serious Sam I still play from time to time when I just want to go in and shoot sh_it!

But man this game needs a "save anywhere" function bad! I just don't know why all games don't have it. Too dam frustrating at times getting almost all the way through a level with hair standing on end with white knuckles on keyboard, and then screw up and have to do the whole thing all over again. This will be the main reason I may not buy it.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-04, 02:48 AM   #83
Clay

You're right Mike...needs better save feature...I liked the Call of Duty approach of autosaving for you constantly. Having a manual save anywhere should be standard practice.

Old 02-22-04, 08:17 AM   #84
EvilEye
Got my eyes on you!

Thumbs down

This game is great ......until after 15 min , when a high pitched/frekvency sound starts and I mean VERY HIGH. Unbarable, so the only solution is to shut down the game The sound is like when you put a microphone to a speaker. No, I donīt have a microphone connected.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2,85 GHz | ASUS P5B Deluxe | OCZ 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | ASUS 8800GTX | Antec P180B| SeaSonic 500W |ViewSonic VP191b 19" 8ms | Soundblaster X-FI Extreme Gamer Pro | Hitachi T7K 160GB SATA2 + 7k 160GB Sata | Plextor PX-716A | Creative MegaWorks THX 5.1 550 | Logitech MX1000 | Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit |

My other gaming rig:
Pioneer PDP-436 FDE Plasma | XBOX 360 Premium

"I'm concerned because there's nothing wrong."
EvilEye is offline   Reply With Quote