**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Capcom

It seems like M$ are up to it again

M$ to buy Capcom?
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 06:24 AM   #2
StealthHawk

the article itself seems to doubt the reality that MS is going to purchase Capcom and is doing anything but looking. although MS has a habit of gobbling up gaming companies. but if Capcom is really that unprofitable, i question how smart of a move buying Capcom would be. what was the last good game they produced. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is now just finally being released for home systems
Old 10-01-02, 06:24 AM   #3
Gargr

Soon the console world will be just like the PC

thanks to Microsh*t
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 06:29 AM   #4
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargr
Soon the console world will be just like the PC

thanks to Microsh*t
as if Capcom has released anything good lately, just rehashes of old Resident Evil games. MS has actually published some good PC games as well
Old 10-01-02, 06:37 AM   #5
vampireuk
**** Holster

The remake of Resident evil for the GC went down pretty well. The main problem is microsoft are seeming to want complete control over the console industry, which would be very bad. If they swallow up more games companys there will be less games coming out for other platforms.

/me ****s his shotgun and goes to visit bill
Old 10-01-02, 06:39 AM   #6
StealthHawk

Capcom was complaining that it didn't sell well enough last i heard. i didn't say the game was bad per se, but the idea screams cash cow either way.
Old 10-01-02, 06:41 AM   #7
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk

as if Capcom has released anything good lately, just rehashes of old Resident Evil games. MS has actually published some good PC games as well
Well, RE is not just a rehash, its suposed to have 70% new stuff(I'v not played the game. Dont like that kind of games). Even if it is, how many years ago was the PSX version released?
And they are making new games.

There are rumors that MS tried, and still is tryng to buy Square, Sega...ect. They already got Bungie and Rare
Now i'v read that MGS is going to be XBox exclusive
I woudnd be surprised if billy trys to buy Nintendo

Things dont look very good IMO.
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 06:45 AM   #8
vampireuk
**** Holster

I hope someone kicks him in the nuts and tells him to **** off

Like we need another monopoly

Old 10-01-02, 12:23 PM   #9
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
The remake of Resident evil for the GC went down pretty well. The main problem is microsoft are seeming to want complete control over the console industry, which would be very bad. If they swallow up more games companys there will be less games coming out for other platforms.

/me ****s his shotgun and goes to visit bill
and theres me 7 years ago thinking sony would ruin the industry :-/ meh...i assume microsoft will push capcom/rare/other accusition here to produce sequels that sell in big numbers

rare and especially capcom are not fans of stiffling origionality(with capcom making an exception only rescentley), so surley their developers would leave...
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-02, 12:38 PM   #10
Serath
Dark Mirth

Send a message via ICQ to Serath Send a message via AIM to Serath Send a message via Yahoo to Serath

BAH!
**** **** **** ***** ******* **** man*****!!!!!!!!!

now that I have that out of my system... *sigh* I really wish one day the corporate pigs of MS would all quit their job because bill tried to assrape them or something and then decided to sue. THAT would teach that monopolizing bastard... GRRRRR I hate MS soooooooo much! THey just can't keep their nose out of something, and everytime they stick it somewhere it turns that whooole thing to ****!
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-02, 03:04 AM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

in amongst his growling Serath summed it up rather well
Old 10-03-02, 12:30 AM   #12
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

Hold the phone!

Capcom isn't going ANYWHERE. Mark my words! They've have been through much WORSE than this and if it were not for their real estate holdings, they'd have posted a profit of about 70 Billion yen. Their games are fine, the company is fine...they can make money but right now, just need to trim some serious real estate fat and downsize.

I hate to put it in this fashion, but do you honestly think that if Capcom went on the selling block, they'd sell out to Microsoft - a company they probably refer to as "gaijin"?!?

Japanese folks have a high emotional stake in honor and intregrity than money and when it comes to investing and selling, they are very cautious. To them, selling out to an American company would probably be dishonorable, especially in light of facts that Microsoft is still struggling to gain a considerable installed base in Japan and historically, American gaming companies hasn't really proven a true sense of success to the Japanese. The last time an American gaming company ruled the roost was back in the late 70s/early 80s and that American company was Atari, which now is nothing more than a publishing moniker for Inforgrames.

Apparently the news of MS snagging Rare has us chomping at the bit.

We need to relax.