Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-04, 01:43 AM   #1
pdawlall

Default twinview with black borders

Could somebody please help me. I have a nvidia geforxe fx 5200 with tv out.
I have searched various sites in google but nothing seems to work right. I have installed the latest nvidia drivers from the website and followed the instructions to configure it. I have twinview working on my crt and tv display but when i play a avi or mpeg using xine i have black borders round the movie. I am currently using the 800x600 resolution on both devices. How do i get it to play full screen on the tv. Here is a copy of my XF86config. I am running suse 8.2. I have tried nvtv but i doesnt work with fx cards.
please help!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt xf86config.txt (5.6 KB, 171 views)
pdawlall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-04, 06:51 AM   #2
blueworm
[DEADAGAIN]blueworm

Having small black borders is normal...
blueworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-04, 02:44 PM   #3
peace

Default same problem

hey!

i have the same problem with my good old gforce2 mx 400 under freebsd - but under windows 98 with a really old driver (maybe the elsa one, it's a gladiac 511 tv-out 64) or any new nvidia driver with help of tvtool) i have a great full screen picture without any boarders on tv with mediaplayer and all other apps (twinview crt/tv).
so it is possbile, but under bsd and apparently under linux there is it a problem?
i don't understand?
are there really so many different digital video encoder chips for pc gfx-cards?
my card has conexant bt869 an i think many cards have the same or a compatible chip. can you please add support for overscan for these chip family? or make your kernel module a bit opener / expandable?

reverse engieneering consumes so much time, particularly if man is not in exercise

p.e.a.c.e.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote