Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-02, 09:31 PM   #1
Nephilim
Slacker extraordinaire

Default Like Robotech? Have PS2 or Xbox?

Robotech: Battlecry kicks butt.

I picked it up a couple of days ago and all I have to say is, coooool.

Robotech: Battlecry site

This is the first Robotech game that hasn't SUCKED big hairy ones....not only that, it manages to completely ROCK your ****ing socks off.
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-02, 04:13 PM   #2
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I have the GC...
One of the reasons I bought the N64 was because it was supposed to have a Robotech game...I even got some Japanese Import Macross games that bit my ass, really looking forward to it!
Been a Robotech fan sine I was like 13...damn, has it been that long???
Old 10-04-02, 06:29 PM   #3
fishlung
"Steempy, you nVeediot!"

I messed with this game a little bit, and I have to say, it's pretty cool for the Robotech novelty, but it's not really a stellar game. I'm probably going to wait until it's in the 25 dollar range somewhere. I love Macross/Robotech, but I'm also on a budget, and there are better games in line ahead of this one. Hehe.
fishlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-02, 07:45 PM   #4
Nephilim
Slacker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by fishlung
I messed with this game a little bit, and I have to say, it's pretty cool for the Robotech novelty, but it's not really a stellar game. I'm probably going to wait until it's in the 25 dollar range somewhere. I love Macross/Robotech, but I'm also on a budget, and there are better games in line ahead of this one. Hehe.
Well, you gotta get to the later levels. Especially when the Zentradi Armada jumps in from hyperspace (4+ million ships). Once you get used to the controls, you'll be switching from Battloid to Gerwalk to Fighter in blinks of an eye in battles. It's great. Fire off a buttload of long-range missiles in fighter mode and then flip over to Battloid to shoot all the missiles coming at you, then flip over to Gerwalk to fire some short-range missiles....

Hectic!
Old 11-20-02, 02:46 PM   #5
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

rented it this week...I almost like it.
Like all my rentals I play on easy so I can get thru the damn games, and most of the levels are relatively straight forward. But there are a few levels that kick my ass, like you are protecting some trucks, and you turn your back for like 5 seconds, and the damn game is over cuz one of the trucks blew up!
or the Cat's eye levels, what does it have 30% armor to begin with??? I mean come on, I'm on easy, and I went thru it like 10 times to finally beat it! that's not fun at all...And the other one where you rescue the pilot of the destroid, the mission stopped before I even showed up to help him at least 6 times! Or when you are helping Rick Hunter...he's the best GD pilot in the fleet, and he dies while fighting with him, so the level ends...Bah...has some novelty, and is good on some levels, but the game is not a buy IMHO.

Back to Mario Sunshine...can't put that game down...
Old 11-20-02, 03:10 PM   #6
Nephilim
Slacker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
rented it this week...I almost like it.
Like all my rentals I play on easy so I can get thru the damn games, and most of the levels are relatively straight forward. But there are a few levels that kick my ass, like you are protecting some trucks, and you turn your back for like 5 seconds, and the damn game is over cuz one of the trucks blew up!
or the Cat's eye levels, what does it have 30% armor to begin with??? I mean come on, I'm on easy, and I went thru it like 10 times to finally beat it! that's not fun at all...And the other one where you rescue the pilot of the destroid, the mission stopped before I even showed up to help him at least 6 times! Or when you are helping Rick Hunter...he's the best GD pilot in the fleet, and he dies while fighting with him, so the level ends...Bah...has some novelty, and is good on some levels, but the game is not a buy IMHO.

Back to Mario Sunshine...can't put that game down...

Hmm...I had no problem getting past the Rick mission on normal difficulty.
Old 11-20-02, 05:26 PM   #7
alex.burm

i use a ps2 mouse, dont like usb.
alex.burm is offline   Reply With Quote